Club Legend
Sep 26, 2003
End Of Season Trip
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blue Baggers
Will Livo make it ?? &..........
If he doesnt what would his value be if any ?

9 rounds to go & it must be absolute life & death for this guy to get into the side & produce.

With Thornton & Norman displaying the type of encouraging form that is clearly good signs for the future.......what about Livvo ?
Morell's good form in the last 2 weeks as a backman of similar size to Livvo must also be a nail in coffin as well.

I sincerely hope that he does get in & plays great footy.
The repercussions of this not happening are of great dissapointment to most Carlton fans I would believe.
We cant just p1ss away top choices in the draft (A.W. is a beauty).

Pick 4 - a handful of servicable games (at best) and perhaps no game time or selection this season - gee we'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick for the guy at best I would think.

Is the problem that he was drafted as a CHF & we tried to develop him as a backman ?
The few glimpses of ability he did show was as a forward, although he is a long way behind many of the forwards already at the club & would certainly not get a game in front of about 8 guys in front of him as a forward.

Personally, I think his fate is sealed & he will not be with us next year - its a shame on the basis of his high selection and his obvious replacment of Aaron Hamill on our list.

9 rounds to go.............

:(

livingston is gawn.
he's a dud. not good enough for AFL level.
what a waste of a draft pick. and to think Carlton lost Hamil for him.

Hopefully for him with Wiggins out and Fev possibly suspended he gets a call from Denis. I always have been a big fan of his but i think he has already ran his last race.

Originally posted by Free Willy
Will Livo make it ?? &..........
If he doesnt what would his value be if any ?

9 rounds to go & it must be absolute life & death for this guy to get into the side & produce.

With Thornton & Norman displaying the type of encouraging form that is clearly good signs for the future.......what about Livvo ?
Morell's good form in the last 2 weeks as a backman of similar size to Livvo must also be a nail in coffin as well.

I sincerely hope that he does get in & plays great footy.
The repercussions of this not happening are of great dissapointment to most Carlton fans I would believe.
We cant just p1ss away top choices in the draft (A.W. is a beauty).

Pick 4 - a handful of servicable games (at best) and perhaps no game time or selection this season - gee we'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick for the guy at best I would think.

Is the problem that he was drafted as a CHF & we tried to develop him as a backman ?
The few glimpses of ability he did show was as a forward, although he is a long way behind many of the forwards already at the club & would certainly not get a game in front of about 8 guys in front of him as a forward.

Personally, I think his fate is sealed & he will not be with us next year - its a shame on the basis of his high selection and his obvious replacment of Aaron Hamill on our list.

9 rounds to go.............

:(

honestly ... ive been saying all year he should be getting a game.

but now i think about it, im just not sure where he'll fit in??

i think down back we've got a few developing talls, morrel im pretty impressed with, and obviously norman, teague and thornton.

up forward where he was recruited is his only option imo. but he would be behind deluca, fev and whitnall atm. what we need is a crumming forward, if only we got davey!!! not a tall.

i think he and beasy dont really fit into the makeup of our side going forward ... beasy would be a great ruckman if he was 10 cm taller. but as a flanker, he's not good enough imo.

i hope to see livo get a game ... show us what he can do .... maybe then we could use him as trade bait .... but if he's kept in the 2's id be pretty dissappointed, i think we should at least give him a run ... maybe he'll shock all of us and become the player he was touted as being.

what about a swap for someone not fitting into another team ... say a troy longmuire, fiora (maybe??), someone who's got talent but not getting a game.

Originally posted by Abaddon
livingston is gawn.
he's a dud. not good enough for AFL level.
what a waste of a draft pick. and to think Carlton lost Hamil for him.

I gotta agree here. If he'd showed something like Norman has when in the side I'd consider keeping him but the fact is he has been a BIG dissapointment for a No.4 pick.

Originally posted by Calgary's_Cup
I gotta agree here. If he'd showed something like Norman has when in the side I'd consider keeping him but the fact is he has been a BIG dissapointment for a No.4 pick.

I think he would be a dissapointment if we picked him up with No. 90

I'm not convinced his gone either way yet.

I don't believe we need to rush a decision on Livingston by the end of the year. He is still young and tall enough for key position and we do not have key position defenders a plenty. We have room within our list of 40 players to accomodate Livingston for at least another year.

i agree

i think Livo has another year to show his worth. his form in the 2's doesn't seem up to scratch, but we do lack depth and in particular, talls.

Whilst we have looked solid down back this year, only two other teams (Hawks and the Bulldogs) have conceeded more points.

Oh NO !
Why did I start this thread - before it we had a fully funcyioning forward line & now we have FEV & BIG RED out.:(

Well - If Livvo doesnt get a game this week - HE NEVER WILL.

& IF he doesnt cement a spot - somewhere in the line-up, I think its curtains.

Its a shame he didnt break in & fit into the structure somewhere without being a stop gap, but this may just provide the opportunity he needed.

4 weeks ago, many of us thought Corey McGrath was a goner as well, so I just really hope that this turns out to be the making of Livvo.

If not, I think the patience will run out - unless he is still contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back