Will Mathew Nicks get fired before he coaches a win?

Will Mathew Nicks get fired before he coaches a win?

• Yes

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Also yes

Votes: 27 45.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The soft cap is reducing, hence they needed to cut back.
I thought the others had longer contracts or something like that.
I just can’t see why they would get rid of him first otherwise.
I may be wrong, however i thought the story was he was told there wouldn't be a contract extension beyond this year. He could've stayed until the end of the season but decided to take a payout and walk straight away

is Nicks the problem though? Having watched my club go through a number of coaches in quick succession I always feel bad for coaches of teams that aren't performing well, especially if they have barely been given a chance.

is Nicks the problem though? Having watched my club go through a number of coaches in quick succession I always feel bad for coaches of teams that aren't performing well, especially if they have barely been given a chance.
No, but he'll probably be another scapegoat for Roo to blame in a few years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So today is supposed to be the day where we let assistants know if they have a job for next year.

Suns have just let go Dean Solomon, Shaun Hart, Nick Malceski and Ash Prescott.
All 4 automatic upgrades on our s**t assistants. Hart must be terminated today. Likely worst assistant in the league.

Nick's is not the problem. Problem is the people running the club in Chapman, Riccuito, Fagan and the board. Was Nick's the right choice for a rebuild? Will find out next year but he has had no support with our list and assistant coaches. For such a significant rebuild a more experienced coach would have likely been a better choice but time will tell. Very big offseason coming up for the club. Need to get it spot on in the trade and draft and hire some good assistants and a competent fitness operator. Feel we also need a new list manager, replacement for Riccuito and help for Ogilvie. Also need a new CEO to replace Fagan and a new Chairman. Would also like to see some on the board go.

So today is supposed to be the day where we let assistants know if they have a job for next year.

Suns have just let go Dean Solomon, Shaun Hart, Nick Malceski and Ash Prescott.
I wasn't aware the deadline would be so soon...

We better have the chequebook open

SEN reporting that Dean Solomon will be made redundant from the Suns at the end of the season. Surely he's someone that we should look closely at as a potential addition/replacement for our coaching panel.
What’s his credentials other than being long term at a club with poor results?

SEN reporting that Dean Solomon will be made redundant from the Suns at the end of the season. Surely he's someone that we should look closely at as a potential addition/replacement for our coaching panel.
Sounds like a Crows type deal. Get someone that another club doesn't want.

Would rather Craig not be involved at our club. He is the past and was a dud coach. Time to move forward, not back. Hass has to go though.
Head of fitness yes but not involved in day to day coaching. Concerning fitness he is one of the best.

Back