Will Mathew Nicks get fired before he coaches a win?

Will Mathew Nicks get fired before he coaches a win?

• Yes

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Also yes

Votes: 27 45.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bassett on the news tonight not ruling us out for next year. Did I catch that correctly ?

How many more ex-crows can we *ing squeeze in?

I still think Roo is paying all his mates back for the money they lost in the firepower scam, giving them all jobs at the crows.

How many more ex-crows can we f*n squeeze in?

I still think Roo is paying all his mates back for the money they lost in the firepower scam, giving them all jobs at the crows.

Don't know about others but Bassett is one ex-Crow I'd be happy to see at the club. Seems like a bit of a prick which isn't a bad thing in the current situation.

Roo and Bassett don't get along apparently (or didn't get along). Any truth to this, or just another stupid rumour I've heard somewhere along the way?

Roo and Bassett don't get along apparently (or didn't get along). Any truth to this, or just another stupid rumour I've heard somewhere along the way?
If they don't .. that could actually be healthy

No idea but Bassett seems like the personality Riccuito wouldn't get along with. He also seems reasonably intelligent which wouldn't be the type Riccuito associates with. Likely more comfortable in the pub with a redneck laughing at fart jokes. If Roo dislikes him I say get him in.

Bassett on the news tonight not ruling us out for next year. Did I catch that correctly ?

I see we're going down the route of only ex-Adelaide people can fix us if so.

Didn't he also get scammed out of money by that Phil Rankine bloke?

Really gives me a lot of confidence in his decision making ability.

Bassett didn’t get along with many of the crows players when he was playing from memory.

No idea but Bassett seems like the personality Riccuito wouldn't get along with. He also seems reasonably intelligent which wouldn't be the type Riccuito associates with. Likely more comfortable in the pub with a redneck laughing at fart jokes. If Roo dislikes him I say get him in.
Bassett will be like Francou was and will call out any BS he sees. There won't be Burton crying to Roo about it though and the interaction between Roo and Bassett would be minimal you'd think given they won't be interacting away from the club. So it's doubtful Kelly would by crying to Roo like Burton seemingly did anytime someone said he was s**t at his job.

Bassett didn’t get along with many of the crows players when he was playing from memory.
Doesn't get along with a lot of people from what I've heard, but if he's professional enough to not let it impact his work then that's fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bassett is an ex Crow I'd be happy to have back.
He's been away for a long time.

Would be a massive upgrade on all 3 of our current assistants.

North Melbourne have conceded 823 points, all the other clubs have conceded between 616 and 780 points, Crows have 990 points scored against, Bass would get structures and systems in place to turn that around.

Is West Lakes still a barren wind swept building site? Where you train etc shouldn’t matter but it didn’t look a great set up back around in March. Looked like players would be dealing with dust storms etc.

Yes.

Every interview there, all you can hear is bloody construction noise.

I love how the media is making up stories out of nothing - the latest 'Bass will answer the phone'.... carn that's amature hour journalism. From someone I know who knows him well I don't think he's rushing back to the Crows. He'd be a better coach than Nicks for starters, why would he play second fiddle to that? Thompson will be back though.

Yea, so I don't think Nicks will be getting help anytime soon judging from what I was told by someone who works at a AFL club. Cuts that are occurring are potentially nearly halving staff from last year's levels.

Back