Will North rise above 18th?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
They’re crap but the scary thing is it’s their senior players like Cunnington Goldstein ect keeping them in games, and don’t get me started on LDU, the most brainless player in the afl.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In 2010 Richmond was 0-9, two games behind the second-last team and got off the bottom. West Coast eventually claimed the spoon comfortably after winning 3 from their first 8. Hard to nominate who they'll beat right now, but I wouldn't be paying out early like the bookies did in 2010.

HG Pennypacker

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
In 2010 Richmond was 0-9, two games behind the second-last team and got off the bottom. West Coast eventually claimed the spoon comfortably after winning 3 from their first 8. Hard to nominate who they'll beat right now, but I wouldn't be paying out early like the bookies did in 2010.
Sounds like the crows are the Eagles in the 2021 version of this 😬

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Adelaide’s vanishing form is a concern.

West Coast 2010 actually weren’t that bad a side either, one of those years where someone needs to come last and it might as well be the 1-13 side who can’t quite win games. They would have whipped our 2008 side, and the 2009 Eagles were pretty dodgy for the most part save a hot month. Tigers were so written off early that year, it was a great effort for them to lift from bottom. Those spoons where you felt a couple other sides weren’t much better sting all the more.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
gave away 50s and dumb frees, turned the ball over, dropped hand passes, generated a lot of goals for us

yeah, it was a funny old game. he made some bad mistakes but also ended up doing some really good things towards the end, was instrumental along with tarryn thomas in the little 3rd quarter fightback. i really think he needs to be cut some slack considering his father just died, but he wasn't terrible. there's a reason he was rated so highly in his draft year and he has elite assets, given time i think he'll come good.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No ☹

EFE42077-6FB2-44EA-9B0A-4329E484CCDF.png

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Today’s result might have sealed it. North now find themselves 2 games and 23% off 17th position...

...but play the Hawks (2-5, still to play this round) next week who are currently 17th and Essendon (15th, 2-6) the week after.

Percentage is the key stat to focus on. They are not within a mile of Essendon, who have dropped some close games and are sitting on 96%. Essendon will probably murder them.

Hawthorn are more of a genuine rabble like us, but are too well-coached not to see this potential disaster coming. They will not get surprised by the Kangas and will still be too much for them.

For me, the only potential games I could truly conceive of the Kangas winning from here are its remaining fixtures against Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast. The former two have shown themselves to be offensively soft at times this year, and you could never be too confident of the Suns playing in Tasmania later in the season.

Gun to my head, if you said 'Kangas will win one game this year, pick which', I am going with the Suns in Tassie. I don't think they will win two games.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any time you think a side might go through a season without a win they Bob up with a few unexpectedly. A week or two ago North looked a chance but they’ve been better lately and they’ll get a few on off days.

With their diabolical percentage (and they’ll cop a few more large margins) I can’t see them getting off bottom, but I reckon they’ll get three or so wins by year’s end.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

Will Larkey win the Coleman like Riewoldt in 2010?

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Percentage is the key stat to focus on. They are not within a mile of Essendon, who have dropped some close games and are sitting on 96%. Essendon will probably murder them.

Hawthorn are more of a genuine rabble like us, but are too well-coached not to see this potential disaster coming. They will not get surprised by the Kangas and will still be too much for them.

For me, the only potential games I could truly conceive of the Kangas winning from here are its remaining fixtures against Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast. The former two have shown themselves to be offensively soft at times this year, and you could never be too confident of the Suns playing in Tasmania later in the season.

Gun to my head, if you said 'Kangas will win one game this year, pick which', I am going with the Suns in Tassie. I don't think they will win two games.

Yes we could either beat north by 80 or lose to them.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Stephenson and Walker join the likes of Robbie Tarrant (kidney),Luke McDonald L (pec), Jed Anderson (ankle), Jarred Polec (hamstring), Dom Tyson (calf), Aiden Bonar (ankle), Aidan Corr (foot) and Kyron Hayden (hamstring) on the injury list along with younger players in Flynn Perez (knee), Charlie Comben (leg), Patrick Walker (hip), Matt McGuinness
(foot) and Phoenix Spicer (hamstring).

Six starting 22 out.

14 out of a squad of 40.

Leaving a total of 26 to choose a team of 22 + 1 medical sub.

It is a hell of a thing this year called 2021.

Back