Will North rise above 18th?

Remove this Banner Ad

with stevo down the injury list is getting insane. at least 6 vital players out with injury and probably 4 others who could be handy to bring in. starting to think we might not win a game unless a few guys make a recovery. if even one more of our talls go down we might have to find one in the midseason draft.

your injury list isn't that bad. Other clubs have a longer and worse list.

We won’t and it’s fine we are at rock bottom

Just get through the year try get 1 win and bank the early priority pick

giving north a priority pick is basically saying to other clubs "you should try to completely bottom out" as opposed to remaining competitive. I"m not sure the AFL will support that. If its the same next year then maybe.

giving north a priority pick is basically saying to other clubs "you should try to completely bottom out" as opposed to remaining competitive. I"m not sure the AFL will support that. If its the same next year then maybe.

yeah north really threw away that stellar list of senior players that managed to deliver 3 wins despite being among the oldest in the competition. they should've just stuck with all of them instead of trading players that still had currency and bringing in young talent.

Don't worry, we drafted Gaff, Darling, Lycett and McGovern in that 2010 draft, so there's always a silver lining.

Unless you are Melbourne. Or Carlton.

You've got some catching up to do there on recent Melbourne drafting: Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Jackson, Pickett, Brayshaw, Fritsch, Harmes, Rivers, Weideman, Petty, Jordon, Spargo, Hunt, Neal-Bullen and Sparrow

After our recent embarrassing loss to Collingwood I do not think we have the ability to beat any other teams this season

Last edited:
After our recent embarrassing loss to Collingwood I do not think we have the ability to beat any other teams tseason
We were polite enough to hand Adelaide their first win last year so don't count us out just yet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got some catching up to do there on recent Melbourne drafting: Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Jackson, Pickett, Brayshaw, Fritsch, Harmes, Rivers, Weideman, Petty, Jordon, Spargo, Hunt, Neal-Bullen and Sparrow
True, I guess if you spend enough time in the bottom 4 you'll get it right eventually.

We have 26 fit players, total.
Id say you have one of the worst. Carlton and GC probably the only clubs clearly worse off.

Still there is hope. I think you have a very strong list, just no coaching or unity. It can turn around quickly - look at the Crows after they adjusted. Became much much better and thats witthin the same season.

True, I guess if you spend enough time in the bottom 4 you'll get it right eventually.
It's no coincidence that the Hawthorn, and Richmond teams that have been so successful have had a lot of high draft picks.

yeah north really threw away that stellar list of senior players that managed to deliver 3 wins despite being among the oldest in the competition. they should've just stuck with all of them instead of trading players that still had currency and bringing in young talent.

The truth probably lies in the middle, kept maybe a few at least.

Or waited until Noble got there before making the calls.

Id say you have one of the worst. Carlton and GC probably the only clubs clearly worse off.
I hate playing the "who has the bigger injury list" game, but I dont think any club is close to the dire situation of North at the moment.

4 of our top 6 players in the Syd last year have barely played this season, our top FA recruit in Corr is out indefinitely and our top trade recruit in Stephenson is out for 6 weeks. What's worse is that isn't even half of the injury list.

The media have only just cottoned on to the injury crisis at North, and it took our VFL team finishing with 17 players over the weekend for it to be noticed.

I hate playing the "who has the bigger injury list" game, but I dont think any club is close to the dire situation of North at the moment.

4 of our top 6 players in the Syd last year have barely played this season, our top FA recruit in Corr is out indefinitely and our top trade recruit in Stephenson is out for 6 weeks. What's worse is that isn't even half of the injury list.

The media have only just cottoned on to the injury crisis at North, and it took our VFL team finishing with 17 players over the weekend for it to be noticed.
That holds no water here, 26 players to choose from for 22 + 1 medical sub.

Then add in two emergencies.

So who is the poor bastard that actually doesn't get mentioned for the game?

Sucks to be them.

That's insane.

FWIW, Carlton are missing our entire forwardline other than McKay:

Murphy Charlie Curnow Jack Martin
Zac Fisher McGovern Silvagni

We have been playing Levi Casboult who is having his knee drained each game because we have no one else.

This is just one line.

Other lines have it bad too, but our forwardline is the biggest issue.

North's situation is pretty dire, but I'd rather be missing the players they are than the players West Coast are missing.

Yeo
Shuey
Gov
Hurn
Ryan
Duggan

Tests
JJK
Barrass

I suppose the difference is the available senior player depth that both sides still have available...

WCE: Sheppard, Gaff, Sheed, Cripps, Darling, Kennedy, Naitanui, Kelly, Redden,

NMFC: Cunnington, Goldstein, Ziebell, Hall, Walker, Atley

I suppose the difference is the available senior player depth that both sides still have available...

WCE: Sheppard, Gaff, Sheed, Cripps, Darling, Kennedy, Naitanui, Kelly, Redden,

NMFC: Cunnington, Goldstein, Ziebell, Hall, Walker, Atley
No argument from me.

But it does depend on what your goals are. They want a flag and you are rebuilding. It's not ideal to get flogged most weeks but long term (hopefully) it makes little difference to you. That sort of injury list could end a flag push.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back