Will Richmond play finals?

Will Richmond Tigers play finals in 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 130 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange melt you have going on here. The G is easily the most neutral ground in the league. Tigers have lost there twice this year but look at the other Melbourne sides that play there and they have lost too. Pies have lose to the Cats, Eagles, Dockers and Hawks so hardly a stronghold for the only other decent MCG tenant.

Ironically the two sides whinging about the G the most are the eagles and cats who have the best winning records there this season

As an interstate supporter the only gripe I have is being forced to ply MCG tenants elsewhere (ie.Tassie).
Who is melting?

Merely pointing out a fact to Richmond supporters who insist on living in late 2017/early 2018.

I never suggested any other team was unbeatable there, just commenting that Richmond are far from it...

The fact is they've played 2 top 8 teams there this year, have lost both games, with an average margin of 55 points.

And here we were praising the Eagles cohort for being humble in victory.

Maybe we need to reassess?
Its hard when you have tigs fans blowing their own trumpets

We know we played a game for the ages and won by a whisker against a team that played well both home and away in finals

They are trying to put their victory where as a lower ranked team they played all their games on their home ground.

Hard not for us to react.

Doesn't Richmond have the worst record against top 8 sides in the 8?
Yep. Been pretty ordinary to be honest. However the away wins against Freo and Port with a lot of injuries were decent.

D-bPgm6UEAAS60Y.jpg

Reckon the Eagles will hope they are not the GF opponent. I'm pretty confident of West Coast beating anyone except Richmond at the G. Of course, they get the chance to change my mind in round 22 if the Tiger form holds up until then.
All bs banter aside :

Theres teams match up on us better than tigs

Geelong for one - im more scared of them than tigers.

we met tigs at the mcg in 2017 and only lost by 11 points - we then thrashed them in 2018 by 47 points.

Our game plan stands up to them - where we fall down is precision i50’s like when gablett is delivering laser guided missiles to the forwards.

Geelong were all over us in perth in 2018 - till gablett went off injured then we ran over them - this year he crucified us.

All bs banter aside :

Theres teams match up on us better than tigs

Geelong for one - im more scared of them than tigers.

we met tigs at the mcg in 2017 and only lost by 11 points - we then thrashed them in 2018 by 47 points.

Our game plan stands up to them - where we fall down is precision i50’s like when gablett is delivering laser guided missiles to the forwards.

Geelong were all over us in perth in 2018 - till gablett went off injured then we ran over them - this year he crucified us.
TBF, my original post isn't banter. I genuinely think you are just better than all the other sides, except Richmond (at or near their best) on the MCG or Geelong in Geelong (but you won't have to play there).

Also, 2017 is irrelevant because we beat them at the G that year. 2018 somewhat since that was in Perth. If you beat them round 22 then (and if I were a betting man) I'd be putting all the money on you blokes.

Who is melting?

Merely pointing out a fact to Richmond supporters who insist on living in late 2017/early 2018.

I never suggested any other team was unbeatable there, just commenting that Richmond are far from it...

The fact is they've played 2 top 8 teams there this year, have lost both games, with an average margin of 55 points.

Not sure that has any more relevance than the Richmond supporters claim. Did their record at the G against you count for anything prelim day?

TBF, my original post isn't banter. I genuinely think you are just better than all the other sides, except Richmond (at or near their best) on the MCG or Geelong in Geelong (but you won't have to play there).

Also, 2017 is irrelevant because we beat them at the G that year. 2018 somewhat since that was in Perth. If you beat them round 22 then (and if I were a betting man) I'd be putting all the money on you blokes.

I think its the reverse - geelong were caning us in perth before gablett went down.

They flogged us in geelong - they stack up well against us.

Not sure that has any more relevance than the Richmond supporters claim. Did their record at the G against you count for anything prelim day?
No, it didn't.

It had less to do with the fact we played at the 'G and more to do with the fact their little period of dominance had come to an end.

Which is why I'm not getting overexcited about their chances on the back of two wins against bottom 4 teams.

Whether their remaining games are played at the MCG or not, they simply ain't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the usual self rightous suspects here.Come back after Tiges play 5 out top 8.We are regaining all our players.Scope for improvrnent higher than most.

No, it didn't.

It had less to do with the fact we played at the 'G and more to do with the fact their little period of dominance had come to an end.

Which is why I'm not getting overexcited about their chances on the back of two wins against bottom 4 teams.

Whether their remaining games are played at the MCG or not, they simply ain't that good.
How are the Pies travelling mate.What with gambling asada and mental health issues not to mention...injuries. Your draw is not looking good, sunshine. Still only one game in front of Tiges yet you seem so optimistic? Gurss you are a monty for next two weeks? Hmmmm

How are the Pies travelling mate.What with gambling asada and mental health issues not to mention...injuries. Your draw is not looking good, sunshine. Still only one game in front of Tiges yet you seem so optimistic? Gurss you are a monty for next two weeks? Hmmmm
You got it in one there pal - we're actually ahead of the Tigers despite not having travelled too well for most of the season.

No, it didn't.

And we’ll see how your team goes against a team you don’t rate real soon

And we’ll see how your team goes against a team you don’t rate real soon
Not for long.....
You guys sure are talking a big game given you've being completely outclassed and embarrassed the past two times we've played you.

It would be like me challenging a West Coast supporter and thinking they'd be intimidated by us.

It's really quite delusional.

You guys sure are talking a big game given you've being completely outclassed and embarrassed the past two times we've played you.

It would be like me challenging a West Coast supporter and thinking they'd be intimidated by us.

Glsss Houses ...you conceding defeat before WCE.?...watch Dom Sheed and the umps and the chipped fingerails.

Last edited:

I’m not talking it up.
We’ll see how the teams stack up against each other in a couple of Friday’s.
I don’t think either team is playing their best but the fact is if we win a couple and you lose a couple we’ll have your spot in the top four.
Yep the better team won on the night in the prelim and you beat us by 7 goals this year.
Thats two out’ve the last nine, well done.
We’ll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

I’m not talking it up.
We’ll see how the teams stack up against each other in a couple of Friday’s.
I don’t think either team is playing their best but the fact is if we win a couple and you lose a couple we’ll have your spot in the top four.
Yep the better team won on the night in the prelim and you beat us by 7 goals this year.
Thats two out’ve the last nine, well done.
We’ll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.
Hey they have beaten us TWICE in a row even with all their injuries.

Unlike that fella. Realistically most of us actually know where we're at & we're a long way off especially after only recently beating up two bottom sides & to be honest I thought St Kilda should of beaten us the way we played. However after reviewing back your comments in this thread, you're very confident of beating up on us which at this stage I dont blame your cockiness even though Pies aren't travelling too well either. Just want to note that it would be an interesting thread to bump if Tigers some how got the chocolates in R19 😉

Unlike that fella. Realistically most of us actually know where we're at & we're a long way off especially after only recently beating up two bottom sides & to be honest I thought St Kilda should of beaten us the way we played. However after reviewing back your comments in this thread, you're very confident of beating up on us which at this stage I dont blame your cockiness even though Pies aren't travelling too well either. Just want to note that it would be an interesting thread to bump if Tigers some how got the chocolates in R19 😉
My comments in here are not necessarily about Collingwood belting Richmond in two weeks time, but more about where Richmond are at.

With basically a two game buffer I'm confident we'll be ahead of you when it matters, given we have a similar draw. Win, lose or draw in three weeks time.

We have to get our mojo back in the same way you guys do, and I'm hopeful we can.

Back