Will Ross Lyon coach next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought we should have got rid of Thomas when we did - it was a real shock decision to most in the football world. I'm not a fan of the game style Lyon has implemented, GT's attacking game plan was better to watch, more closely resembled football and was more successful even when we had a stack of injuries.

A backward step this year was to be expected from the Saints appointing a new coach, if GT was here we may have had one more crack at the top 4. In lieu of that I tipped us to finish in 8th spot - and our finals chances are now gone.

That said we won't finish bottom 4 (Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton will all finish below us), although we won't avoid it by much ;) Even if we did, Lyon would keep his job - he's not quite a Tim Watson. I'm prepared to give him time, see how he goes in the next couple of years.

If GT gats the sack taking them to top 6, surely Lyon is on the ropes with same list going bottom 4, and yes I know all about the injuries.blah blah blah..

I never thought we should have got rid of Thomas when we did - it was a real shock decision to most in the football world. I'm not a fan of the game style Lyon has implemented, GT's attacking game plan was better to watch, more closely resembled football and was more successful even when we had a stack of injuries.

A backward step this year was to be expected from the Saints appointing a new coach, if GT was here we may have had one more crack at the top 4. In lieu of that I tipped us to finish in 8th spot - and our finals chances are now gone.

That said we won't finish bottom 4 (Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton will all finish below us), although we won't avoid it by much ;) Even if we did, Lyon would keep his job - he's not quite a Tim Watson. I'm prepared to give him time, see how he goes in the next couple of years.

maybe maybe not, alls I know is at the moment they don't look like winning, and I reckon if they don't get at least 8 wins they might drop Lyon and get someone experienced, which they should have done in the first place

Only change will be:
Out: Butterss
In: GT

Well that means Lyon may go, he could be President/Coach.

No one likes to lose, but frankly I'd rather go down 120 vs 150 in a shootout, than 58 vs 80 in a bogfest.
It frustrates me no end to see the ball turned over and finding no options past the wing, because Gehrig and Reiwoldt are still sprinting back to the forward line.

Nah mate we will finsh above of you. Were on top of you now and will be for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you need to get rid of him. Give him a chance. St Kilda is a very bad team at the moment. Probably the worst in the AFL. ou can blame the coach forlack of skill under not much pressure as they were displaying today

bedwall said today lyon is guna be one of the best coaches saints have had, but he is trying to get rid of {i cant beleive its not}butters

butters comes out and say no more talking to the media, but he started it all

butters says you aint moving from moorabin, but fraser says yes you are moving

saints wont win another game for the year

the coach will be there, but the board wont be there

Why would you need to get rid of him. Give him a chance. St Kilda is a very bad team at the moment. Probably the worst in the AFL. ou can blame the coach forlack of skill under not much pressure as they were displaying today

Starting to push players back and going negative 5 minutes into the 1st term isn't doing his cause any good. 2 goals on the board and he hits the panic button.

Firstly: 2 year deal. Of course he will coach next year.
Secondly: New game plan - we're half a season into it...
Thirdly: Happy to bump this thread til Round 22 and eat humble pie if The Saints finish below the Blues. Confident that wont happen.

If only ross lyon said get the ball and just bomb it into the 50

with St Kilda's forward line more often than not they will take the cake.

i am not devaluing coaching i am just saying the gameplan he has brought down to st kilda is not for st kilda its for sydney a team whihc has fine foot skills and are willing to wait.

cheers

If only ross lyon said get the ball and just bomb it into the 50

with St Kilda's forward line more often than not they will take the cake.

i am not devaluing coaching i am just saying the gameplan he has brought down to st kilda is not for st kilda its for sydney a team whihc has fine foot skills and are willing to wait.

cheers
It seems like a waste of our talent. Lyon better trade for some generic athletes and get rid of selfish players like Milne if he wants us to play this choking game style. I don't know why he kept Milne, GT would have got rid of him if he was coach.

Not sure.
Might get one more go, but what would R.Harvey think?

Rod should go, I think we have fallen down this year. Rod made the decision to fix something that didnt need fixing. He should be accountable for his actions. Its unfortunate he put personal issues before the good of the st.kilda football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back