Opinion Will round 1 go ahead?

Will round 1 go ahead?

• Yes

Votes: 82 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 55.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Get all 800 players together. Infect them all together, isolate them for however long it takes. Start the week or 2 after. Done.

Could use the same logic for all us members, get us all together & nicely infected, in a couple week mcg et al here we come...except those of us that die of course.

Could use the same logic for all us members, get us all together & nicely infected, in a couple week mcg et al here we come...except those of us that die of course.
Yeah don't support mass member infection.

Elite athletes between 18-37 would have to be one of the lowest risks demographics. Not only that but they have special access to medical treatment anyway.

As long as you could reasonably control their interactions (you probably can't) with others outside their family then I think it is by far the best way to make sure the season happens.

“What is a life? if you’re not living?” Government and media have destroyed our way of life in 5 days, wake up people, this is bigger than football. Stoked the footy is still going ahead with no crowds though. #flagsaints

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quite the scrambled post. It's somewhat maniacal.

Yeah don't support mass member infection.

Elite athletes between 18-37 would have to be one of the lowest risks demographics. Not only that but they have special access to medical treatment anyway.

As long as you could reasonably control their interactions (you probably can't) with others outside their family then I think it is by far the best way to make sure the season happens.
I've always wondered if a fit person was run down physically whether they would be more suceptible to viruses.

No, and the season will eventually be cancelled as well.

The AFL will delay the inevitable by giving people hope that everything will start as normal at the end of April, until they realise this is a losing battle and abandon the season.
I tend to agree with this.
The AFL is sticking its head in the sand and hoping for a miracle cure and that no player gets infected.

Let's be honest here. Some player, somewhere, some team, WILL get C-19. And when that happens it won't be 'use a top up player' or 'self isolate this player', it will be the whole team and whoever said player has had contact with that will have to be quarantined. And that compromises the whole competition.

We may get Rd1 (empty stadia) or we may not. The important question is, will we get any sort of season at all? Maybe that should be added to the poll.

if AFLW continues, then AFL behind closed doors should.
However, i don't quite get why AFLW is still being played. With crowds.

other than the obvious answer which is Gil is running the show

AFLW isn't being played with crowds now either, although it's not as noticeable as they play at smaller grounds and not at big stadiums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every round will go ahead until 1 player, coach, umpire, trainer or water runner gets it. Then the season is postponed indefinently until no player, coach, umpire, trainer or water runner has the disease.

I don’t think this is right. I think we should be calling it off now. But my stance on this topic is so far left wing Kim Jong-Un might be a shot at getting my vote in a democratic election tomorrow

Get all 800 players together. Infect them all together, isolate them for however long it takes. Start the week or 2 after. Done.
If you are going to experiment with players health, why not give them the vaccine, then we potentially get footy and a nice large human trial to fast track the vaccine to the general public.

If you are going to experiment with players health, why not give them the vaccine, then we potentially get footy and a nice large human trial to fast track the vaccine to the general public.
Because we don't have a vaccine?

It's not an experiment. Everyone is going to get the virus (unless they do finish the vaccine soon). It's just me selfishly controlling when they get it so I don't have to go through winter without football.

Amazed if they play Thursday. Zero chance they'll be playing in a month. A few thousand Aussies will have died of this by then. Cases are growing 25% each day and the mortality is 2%.. that's the simple maths. AFL aren't going to charge ahead and keep playing when the rest of the world is shutting up shop.

Only way that changes is something completely dramatic. If they isolate the players - pick some country town - and turn it into a AFL camp where all the teams live for the next few months and we basically have a televised game every night. If we're all stuck at home it will rate through the roof. Players/coaches will miss families etc but they won't be in danger given their age profile and it would certainly keep people's spirits up having a season on TV.

Only way that changes is something completely dramatic. If they isolate the players - pick some country town - and turn it into a AFL camp where all the teams live for the next few months and we basically have a televised game every night. If we're all stuck at home it will rate through the roof. Players/coaches will miss families etc but they won't be in danger given their age profile and it would certainly keep people's spirits up having a season on TV.

Talk about wishful thinking on that scenario. But I'd probably watch every game...

Delay the season for four weeks (for now), scrap the bye and week off before finals and scrap two H&A rounds. Playing without crowds and continuing on is rubbish (and futile, IMO).

Back