Unofficial Preview Will Round 1 v Swans be a sell out?

Round 1 v Swans @ Skoda. Sell out?

• Yes

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So.. Virgin stadium? :eek:

Personally I liked the name skoda stadium

Thats no to stadium of the virgins ;) But will be called Giants Stadium

"We thank Skoda for their support and as we approach the 2014 season our home ground will be known as GIANTS Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park. This very clearly brands the GIANTS here at our state of the art venue in Western Sydney," Mr Shepherd said.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-10-30/giants-to-take-off-with-virgin-australia

GWS is hopeful of a sell-out when it opens the 2014 campaign at the ground against the Sydney Swans and is also talking up its chances of knocking off its cross-town rival for the first time.

"It's one of our most important games for the year," Treloar said.

"We're hoping we can match it with them and we obviously believe we can.

"We're going to prepare all pre-season for that game.

"Let's just hope we can give them a run for their money and beat them."

Naturally disappointed to miss out on Buddy Franklin, who will make his bow with the Swans against the Giants on March 15, the AFL's youngest club will still stand taller in round one.

Having the big-bodied Mumford on board, in particular, will boost the young GWS line-up.

"It was disappointing, any team would want Buddy Franklin, but in the end it worked out well for us and for him," Treloar said.

"We got over it very quickly and picking up 'Mummy' and Heath Shaw is as good as getting Buddy Franklin.

"The biggest position we needed to fill was a ruckman.

"Joffa (Jonathan Giles) has been really good for us over the last two years, but bringing in Mumford, he's just at a whole new level.

"He's had that premiership experience and he's going to benefit Joffa so much."

Treloar was also adjusting to seeing Shaw in his new strip.

"It just looks so weird seeing him in the Giants' gear," he said.

"You're so used to seeing him in the Collingwood gear wearing the No.39.

"It's doesn't look like Heath Shaw – but it's him.

"In round one we'll have Heath Shaw, Josh Hunt and Curtly Hampton who can all take our kick-ins.

"I can't wait."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/treloars-giant-ambitions?utm_medium=RSS

I really cannot wait until this game. Its going to sell out for sure. So glad that I renewed my membership already. Would hate to miss out on this game. I really think their a chance at this game. At least a chance in closing the gap. Its going to be close. I love the way the players aren't talking about being competative anymore and are talking about winning. Its good to see that their confidence is on the rise

I really cannot wait until this game. Its going to sell out for sure. So glad that I renewed my membership already. Would hate to miss out on this game. I really think their a chance at this game. At least a chance in closing the gap. Its going to be close. I love the way the players aren't talking about being competative anymore and are talking about winning. Its good to see that their confidence is on the rise

Definitely looking to close the gap big time, look at winning 2 of 4 quarters

And yet Manuka has just about the worst!

Yeah, it's not solid is it, we went twice last year, once as saints members with club assigned tickets and then for gws to the WB game, but weren't "ultimate" members last year so had to buy our tickets, we didn't pick well. Food and coffee were hard to find, and the ground itself we found confusing to move around in..

Hopefully with a Canberra membership we get priority to get tickets to this game I dont want to miss it

The clocks ticking

BanZogKCIAALutr.jpg:large

Yeah, it's not solid is it, we went twice last year, once as saints members with club assigned tickets and then for gws to the WB game, but weren't "ultimate" members last year so had to buy our tickets, we didn't pick well. Food and coffee were hard to find, and the ground itself we found confusing to move around in..

Connected to this, club assigned us two seats in row H in the Bradman stand, I did a quick check and they seemed very exposed.
Contacted the club and have been re-assigned 2 seats in row M same stand, anyone advise if these are undercover, I am unable to find out for sure by searching but believe they are by a row or two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet Manuka has just about the worst!

"Hi, i'd ike a pie and a beer"
"this is the alcohol line, you'll need to buy a pie from the food line"
"but they're right there. You're using the same cash register"
"sorry"

The Manuka experience summed up in one conversation.

"sorry"

Yeah, the correct thing to do is go to Brodburger before or after the match.

"sorry"

someone who understands footy needs to be running Manuka on match day

IN the Shop Smart of the Terror today noticed a half page ad on the Battle of the Bridge, featuring photos of Ward and Mumford
speaking of ads
there's a Xmas tv ad at the moment where Goodesy handpalls a present, to another AFL player, who kicks it - is that Ward?

You would want to close the gap a touch it was 125 points or something last year, but you expect you would get it well under 100. With regards to being a sellout, I think it will go close, Buddy will prob pull in 10k on his own, what are the GWS membership numbers forecast at this year?

You would want to close the gap a touch it was 125 points or something last year, but you expect you would get it well under 100. With regards to being a sellout, I think it will go close, Buddy will prob pull in 10k on his own, what are the GWS membership numbers forecast at this year?

margin last year means absolutely nothing

margin last year means absolutely nothing
Of course it doesn't come next game but I'm just responding to someone who said the margin will close, which it should. Nothing wrong with using previous performances as a yard stick is there?

And in round 1 in 2013 you only beat us by only 30pts but needless to say there a big difference between what you guys put up in round 1 compared to what you guys show in the tail end of a season. So whould expect a very close round 1 contest with the Giants being an outside chance but when we play you guys again in the 2nd half of the season I doubt it will be close at all.

As far as membership numbers go in our 1st year we had over 10,000 and in 2013 we have had over 12,000 so would think that our numbers for 2014 will be between the 10,000 - 12,000 mark once again.

And in round 1 in 2013 you only beat us by only 30pts but needless to say there a big difference between what you guys put up in round 1 compared to what you guys show in the tail end of a season. So whould expect a very close round 1 contest with the Giants being an outside chance but when we play you guys again in the 2nd half of the season I doubt it will be close at all.

As far as membership numbers go in our 1st year we had over 10,000 and in 2013 we have had over 12,000 so would think that our numbers for 2014 will be between the 10,000 - 12,000 mark once again.
Certainly a valid point re round 1 game. I think You will prob get a rise in memberships this year to maybe 14k .

If Buddy's going to pull 10k a lot of them will have to be after the game, there were 38k at the Buddlyless match in R1 last year and Skoda only holds 25k ;)

Back