Will round 7 North v Melb game in Tassie be moved?

Remove this Banner Ad

With a derby next week my guess is it is possible the fixture is juggled around.

Maybe WCE vs NM next week in Melbourne with both teams under "bubble" conditions. Melbourne and Freo to play again. Or potentially all four teams to have a bye and make up the games over the bye rounds.

Either way, these kind of game movements are probably inevitable.

WCE didnt get a home derby last year and wouldn't want to waste this years one with an empty stadium.

Both Victoria & Tasmania have now rated WA as a ‘red zone’—- the game may have to be played in WA, otherwise North would have to quarantine for 2 weeks
Or it might get postponed, depending how the week goes. It might not be good for Melbourne to go to Perth, if more community transmission is uncovered.
Maybe bye week rounds get re-arranged, or something. Early in the season it should be possible to change schedules a bit. The AFL has always claimed that was impossible, but managed it last year.

As much as I feel sorry for you guys I can't help but laugh at your dickhead premier after he had locked the borders to the rest of the country for so long

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

As a Sydneysider who was required to travel during lockdown, I can tell you that WA got it right. It was business as ususal over there, no masks, QR codes while the east coast was in lockdown or having weird spacing rules and empty public transport. And they didnt give a sh1t what anyone else thought.

As a Sydneysider who was required to travel during lockdown, I can tell you that WA got it right. It was business as ususal over there, no masks, QR codes while the east coast was in lockdown or having weird spacing rules and empty public transport. And they didnt give a sh1t what anyone else thought.
Cool, hope they enjoy lookdown for their public holiday

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

In Florida they’ve also had 35,000 covid deaths. So take your UFC crowd, double it and add some more.

Or, to put it another way, nearly as many deaths as North had members last year.

Praise science indeed

NSW doesnt shut everything downwhen there are dozens of cases.

Even when we had hundreds of cases we didnt run scared.

I don’t think it will happen in Tassie but I think it could reasonably be played in Melbourne. Marvel free on the Sunday.

In Florida they are having a sold-out event for the UFC this weekend.

15,000 will be in attendance, many more wish they could go but missed out on a ticket.

Meanwhile in Perth they've shut down the city for three days (maybe more?) for a single so-called 'case'.

Not a death. Just a 'case'. The sniffles. Or is it 'asymptomatic' i.e. not even the sniffles? Just a positive test.

Empty stadiums. Empty restaurants. Empty gyms.

And this is all supposedly to do with 'science'.

Praise 'science'.

As for the North vs Melb match, I hope they let it go ahead, but if it has to be a draw, then fair enough.

I don't want to see us get beaten by Melbourne. Nothing against them, I like some of their players.
Comparing our response to muricas to try and claim we are doing the wrong thing is pretty much the dumbest thing you could try to do

Eagles have already trained on KP this afternoon too.

Place is probably infected.

Burn it down, salt the earth.

Split the points? 🤔

Have you been to that stadium? It was probably infected before hand...

We'll take a draw this week, and each of the next two weeks while in isolation.

On track for a #1 pick, I ain't taking no draw that ruins that. A win is a win and I'm happy to get as many as we are capable this year, but not miss out on much needed picks by a default result.

Hope not. Booked flights and Airbnb down to Tassie.

As long as the North players get tested and test negative, I really don't see the issue.

Hoping AFL and Tassie government hurry up and make a decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back