ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Does he have a case to answer his hit on that prick Jack Riewoldt? If the MRP is anything to go by he could get 2 weeks or it could be thrown out. Thoughts?

Watching it from a Neutral Perspective He'll probably be offered a Reprimand or a week not sure of his previous record but who knows these days I reckon should be ok

Half the time they base it not on the "at the time vision" but the vision of how the player copes with it. Softy Riewoldt was on the ground for a while feeling sorry for himself so Schofield will probably get weeks. Don't like it, but that's how the MRP does things now.

Half the time they base it not on the "at the time vision" but the vision of how the player copes with it. Softy Riewoldt was on the ground for a while feeling sorry for himself so Schofield will probably get weeks. Don't like it, but that's how the MRP does things now.
Bit harsh on Riewoldt as he was vomiting as he was making his way off the field. No idea whether Schofield will get a week or two for it though.

I'm expecting to see Schofield cop a week but Jackson get off.

Jackson's was a bump, alone the act doesnt usually draw much attention but if the player targetted is injured then the responsibility falls onto the player who infringed. See, Conca in round 1(?) this year.

The punch to the guts with a bit of force to it is usually more of an automatic penalty.

would have carryover points for his trip of murphy last year.

Guaranteed to miss a week, likely two.

If they call it low impact, he'll get 1 with a plea, if it's medium - he';ll cop 2.

The fact Riewoldt left his lunch on the turf suggests the MRP might make it medium.

Waters also might be looked at for his square up on Jackson

Watching it from a Neutral Perspective He'll probably be offered a Reprimand or a week not sure of his previous record but who knows these days I reckon should be ok

Yep spot on, a reprimand to a week will be about right

It depends on the outcome of the hit didnt look too bad so It depends the MRP is a bit of a joke so who knows which way they'll go with this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would have carryover points for his trip of murphy last year.

Guaranteed to miss a week, likely two.

If they call it low impact, he'll get 1 with a plea, if it's medium - he';ll cop 2.

The fact Riewoldt left his lunch on the turf suggests the MRP might make it medium.

Waters also might be looked at for his square up on Jackson

Why? Jackson and Waters were within 5 metres of the ball, and it was not a high bump, so how could it not be considered legitimate? I thought it was a beauty from the vice captain.

Didn't Jack Trengrove get done last year for something close to that.

Between the 2 incidents and the carry over points, he'll prob miss a week.

Why? Jackson and Waters were within 5 metres of the ball, and it was not a high bump, so how could it not be considered legitimate? I thought it was a beauty from the vice captain.

Why? Because what we all know and expect football is irrelevant in the MRP's eyes.

The tiger player had the ball - so it couldn't be deemed a shepherd.

As such the player being bumped has to have been reasonably expected to receive contact - which Riewoldt wouldn't have been.

Jackson will go for his hit on Scooter, and I think Beau will probably get a week (when you factor in his carryover) for his square up.

Do I like it? Not really, will it happen - yup!

FWIW - people actually need to understand the mechanics of the MRP - simply throwing out "that incident looks like a week" as it truly doesn't matter.

Joel Selwood will be getting 2 weeks minimum for his hit on Raines, when it was barely a tap.

Schoey (with a guilty plea) will get 1 week with 64 carryover points if his tummy tap is deemed light impact - Based on a Level 2 strike of 125 points plus his carryover of 93.75.

He will get 2 weeks and 39 carryover if it is medium impact - based on a Level 3 strike of 225 points plus carryover.

I was just complaining about no one remonstrating with Jackson then BAM! Beau lines up that beautiful hit :)

Didn't Jack Trengrove get done last year for something close to that.

Between the 2 incidents and the carry over points, he'll prob miss a week.

Trengove also knocked the guy out from memory so I think Schofield should be ok on this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back