Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Carlton with #71 for #43 & future 2nd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it becomes a very simple trade now that Shiel has picked Essendon.

Carlton 2019 1st + S McAdam (Steak Knives) to Adelaide
Adelaide M McGovern + Pick 19 to Carlton
Carlton Pick 19 + pick 42 to GWS for Setterfield

Happy days all round:D

Seems legit. Let me know when the deal is set to be lodged. I'm gonna make a killing selling torches and pitchforks along Royal Parade. :thumbsu:

Well it becomes a very simple trade now that Shiel has picked Essendon.

Carlton 2019 1st + S McAdam (Steak Knives) to Adelaide
Adelaide M McGovern + Pick 19 to Carlton
Carlton Pick 19 + pick 42 to GWS for Setterfield

Happy days all round:D

How does this trade work?

Explain what all 3 clubs get

How does this trade work?

Explain what all 3 clubs get
It is redundant now as the deal apparently will be announced tomorrow. It goes something like this:
Crows get 2 x 2nd rounders + McAdam + Carlton's 2019 5th rounder
Carlton get McGovern and Crows 2019 3rd rounder
Talk is that the 2 x 2nd rounders will be traded to Sydney for their 1st rounder (pick 13) - but that appears to be speculation rather than a lock

It is redundant now as the deal apparently will be announced tomorrow. It goes something like this:
Crows get 2 x 2nd rounders + McAdam + Carlton's 2019 5th rounder
Carlton get McGovern and Crows 2019 3rd rounder
Talk is that the 2 x 2nd rounders will be traded to Sydney for their 1st rounder (pick 13) - but that appears to be speculation rather than a lock

Link?

What about Will Setterfield and GWS as you mention 2019 First Round pick

You just stick to getting rejects from other clubs and we will stick to hitting the draft
Since you feel that way maybe can send us some of the following:
Dan Hannebury
Jack Steele
Jake Carlisle
Josh Bruce
Tim Membrey
Shane Savage
Maverick Weller
Billy Longer

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future 2nd + Future 4th for Setters and Finlayson.

GWS may get skittish with Hawthorn and Port apparently sniffing around our 2019 1st.

Just seeing what is holding up this trade?
Do Carlton have any other moves under way or is it this and then the draft for them?
With the McGovern deal done with Carltons 2018 2nd rounders they only have #43 + 69 and then 2019 picks but maybe they are waiting for the Crows to make a massive offer?
FWIW I would accept either 2019 2nd + 3rd rounder for Setterfield or maybe just pick swaps next year in the 2nd + 3rd rounders

Future 2nd + Future 4th for Setters and Finlayson.

GWS may get skittish with Hawthorn and Port apparently sniffing around our 2019 1st.
We wont want future picks.

We will have 6-7 list positions to fill, ideally from the draft, this year.

Just seeing what is holding up this trade?
Do Carlton have any other moves under way or is it this and then the draft for them?
With the McGovern deal done with Carltons 2018 2nd rounders they only have #43 + 69 and then 2019 picks but maybe they are waiting for the Crows to make a massive offer?
FWIW I would accept either 2019 2nd + 3rd rounder for Setterfield or maybe just pick swaps next year in the 2nd + 3rd rounders

Carlton are the problem. Throw massive $$$ at a kid and have nothing to get the trade done. Hope we hold him.

Carlton are the problem. Throw massive $$$ at a kid and have nothing to get the trade done. Hope we hold him.

I am ok with future picks for Setterfield if it is the best deal for the club, I think the price for trying to trade up to #4 or #5 will be too high and the club will be better off taking two first round picks and 1 or 2 second rounders depending on who the club has identified and the academy players
i actually think the Crows could make a monster offer for pick 1 but it may happen after the player trade period closes as I think Setterfield isn't the priority for the blues

I am ok with future picks for Setterfield if it is the best deal for the club, I think the price for trying to trade up to #4 or #5 will be too high and the club will be better off taking two first round picks and 1 or 2 second rounders depending on who the club has identified and the academy players
i actually think the Crows could make a monster offer for pick 1 but it may happen after the player trade period closes as I think Setterfield isn't the priority for the blues
Fair enough as a view, mine is the club wont be. I dont think we'll get much for Setterfield, but Adrian Caruso was up to the challenge if finding a best 22 player with pick 56 last year.

You're about to be flush with draft picks, you probably won't need our picks to help out filling those spots.

Didn't GWS tell this kid to explore his options?

You're about to be flush with draft picks, you probably won't need our picks to help out filling those spots

Mmmm
Maybe, but we will have to draft at least 6 players this year I think. I'm pretty sure you're going to get a bargain with Setterfield, as long as his body is ok, be happy.

Surely GWS Cap issues are now resolved? Or can we expect a salary dump again to Carlton as has been the case in previous years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back