News Will Snelling signs with Sturt

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have only seen him play live (or ever) once, early in the year at a sanfl game when I was over in Adelaide for the weekend, so this is a very ill informed opinion BUT he looks exactly like the sort of player we need in the midfield...clean, reads the play extremely well and wins his own ball! Very excited!!
Oh he definately has a bright future. He has good footy smarts. I first saw him in the pre season internal trial and he looked really sharp.

It's fantastic to have 2 former West Adelaide teammates become AFL teammates.

Probably known each other 3-4 years if not more Snelling and Bonner.
More; played club footy together for quite a few years.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Capture.JPG

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
It's fantastic to have 2 former West Adelaide teammates become AFL teammates.

Probably known each other 3-4 years if not more Snelling and Bonner.
It's fantastic to see a Sanfl club actually do its job and develop talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Snelling may be short by AFL standards, but he is solidly built, and is a bit like a mini Ollie, as another poster has suggested.

Assuming he is played in his correct position :rolleyes:, ie as a ball extractor in the midfield, his height shouldn't be an issue.
Sometimes height can be over rated anyway, ala that much taller bloke than Will who atm couldn't catch a cold in Antarctica. ;)

Well done Will on getting the upgrade and an AFL debut. Another one of our players who got injured at the wrong time and too long. He might have been handy mid season.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Liked his game. Expect him to spend most of next year with Arch and Summo in the middle at SANFL level.

Hopefully he can develop a bit more and snag a few AFL games next season.
Shouldn't play in the SANFL at all next year

Shouldn't play in the SANFL at all next year
I think with all the players we'll get back, he'll end up playing SANFL round 1.

I'm hoping he can bang the door down and show some good form like he did near the end of this season.

I wouldn't put too much pressure on him just yet, he's only 19.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
I think with all the players we'll get back, he'll end up playing SANFL round 1.

I'm hoping he can bang the door down and show some good form like he did near the end of this season.

I wouldn't put too much pressure on him just yet, he's only 19.
what midfielders do we get back? he has shown in every game he has played at sanfl level he is ready.

what midfielders do we get back? he has shown in every game he has played at sanfl level he is ready.
From the squad that played tonight compared to what I think will happen in round 1 I've got,

IN: Hombsch, Dixon, Ryder, Jonas, Hartlett, Wingard, Monfries
OUT: Clurey, Schulz, Lobbe, Bonner, Snelling, Palmer, S.Gray

So speaking just about the midfield, Hartlett comes in and also due to Wingard and Monfries, that may push Robbie Gray into the middle more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back