Will someone break through at the 2017 US Open?

Will someone break through for their first major at the 2017 US Open men's tournament?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

One of these players are going to make a final
Querrey-Albot
Mischa-Isner
Fabbiano-Lozeni
Coric-Anderson
Edmund-Shapo
PCB-Mahut
Pouille-Kukushkin
Cilic-Schwartzman
Cilic has looked solid till now. But if you got on Querrey early in the tournament. :) He is $26 now. But when someone like Pouille is $41, you know something isnt right. What a final i am expecting.

The court is slow and Fed was poor. That back is a huge issue. The slow court will help Nadal. For me, he is now the fav.

This looks less likely than it did a week ago.

Just because Zverev lost?

I would say it is looking more likely than it did a week ago personally.

Fed looked crocked.

It would be remarkable if Cilic body held up to two weeks of Bo5 sets having not played a match between Wimbledon and the US Open.

Rafa is always a chance to be hit off the court on hard these days.

Just because Zverev lost?
Well, he was probably the most likely to break through. So yeah, his elimination makes it less likely. And Dimitrov is also out. He was probably second-most likely.

Fed looked crocked.

It would be remarkable if Cilic body held up to two weeks of Bo5 sets having not played a match between Wimbledon and the US Open.

Rafa is always a chance to be hit off the court on hard these days.
Yeah, all true.

Is Thiem going to win by being the last man standing?

Thiem is not likely to win a hard slam for mine.

Funny that the bottom half of the draw is so weak but there is probably as many players down there that could shock Rafa, Querrey and Shapovalov did in lead up tournaments plus Cilic, compared to who is left in the top half.

Rublev is a bit of a wildcard but if he managed to make the quarters you would think would be out of steam before running into Rafa. Rest of that top quarter are chumps now, he should get a free pass to the semis from here and then potentially Del Potro could beat him I guess.

This has to be softest mens draw in many years. That bottom half in particular is diabolical. Very underwhelming. Always keen for a new slam winner (and Querrey-Isner might have the opportunity to break the home finalist drought), but with the likes of Zverev, Dimitrov and Kyrgios all dropping it just doesn't feel earned.

A consecutive Querrey-Cilic Slam SF might be on the cards, which is fine when they are playing great tennis like at Wimbledon, but the difficulty level in attaining that is very low. God forbid Pouille makes another chancey deep run. We know that Isner will struggle to win 7 matches. Wouldn't mind Kevin Anderson getting his 15 minutes of fame in a finalist run (before getting smacked in the final).

The top half is borderline itself. If Fedal falls, prepare for "asterisk slam". Millman could make a decent run. The sort of slam where it might be worth backing the likes of RBA or even Carreno Busta. Would love to see a run from a Rublev or Shapovalov. The tennis gods might as well choose now to reward Del Potro with a career-capping second slam. Bring on the QFs already!

Like 2010 and 2013, it has soft Nadal US Open written all over it.

Certainly one of those slams where the Womens side promises better quality.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back