History Will South Australia ever recover?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's more efficient to launch a rocket near the equator. The speed required to hold orbit is easier to get to near the equator because the Earth is moving faster (circumference divided by 24 compared to the circumference at the poles divided by 24) gives you km/h.

In that case Byron Porkett suggested Darwin would make more sense.

Would have thought Perth would be a better choice
The RAAF already have a base adjacent to Adelaide and the Woomera rocket testing facility is in SA too.
I am assuming it is cheaper to establish a centre where existing infrastructure exists.

You mean there's a city in this country that isn't an overpopulated gridlocked s**t hole?

Launceston and Hobart, if you really consider them "cities".

Launceston and Hobart, if you really consider them "cities".

I could move there tomorrow, if other matters in my life could align with that.

Got no problems with Adelaide either. Lived there for 8 months and had a good time, with the exception of the anti-Victorian sentiment amongst the knuckle dragging element, which has receded over the past 20 years.

Perth: too isolated, and still a touch hayseedy. Sweet people even if they are very green.
Brisbane (and North thereof): Lizard country, questionable genetics, and receding intelligence quotients.
Melbourne: Grid locked s**t hole overrun with vapid w***ers.
Sydney: The epitome of a soulless s**t hole, aside from that magnificent Harbor.

Last edited:

Got no problems with Adelaide either.

Perth: too isolated, and still a touch hayseedy. Sweet people even if they are very green.
Brisbane (and North thereof): Lizard country, questionable genetics, and receding intelligence quotients.
Melbourne: Grid locked s**t hole overun with vapid w***ers.
Sydney: The epitome of a soulless s**t hole, aside from that Harbor.

Where abouts are you located? I always assumed Melbourne, or nearby

Would much rather pineapples then barrels

Cairns child killings (8), Whisky au-go-go murders (15), Hillcrest Murders (6), Childers backpacker murders (15)..................

Got no problems with Adelaide either. Lived there for 8 months and had a good time, with the exception of the anti-Victorian sentiment amongst the knuckle dragging element, which has receded over the past 20 years.

Melbourne: Grid locked s**t hole overrun with vapid w***ers.
Sydney: The epitome of a soulless s**t hole, aside from that magnificent Harbor.
Kick a vic.

Kick a vic.

Yeah, that sort of drivel.

They basically turned on me in the Challa Gardens pub when Victoria won the rights to that silly car race, until I informed them that I wouldn't watch the stupid thing if they were racing it out the front of my house...............and the whole John Elliot/Fosters/President of the Victorian Liberal Party aspect of the situation.

Glad to see the South Aussies have largely dropped that media driven chip from their shoulders...............not so much the W.A. folks, who like I stated, are generally nice people, but tend to be more gullible.

Yeah, that sort of drivel.

Glad to see the South Aussies have largely dropped that media driven chip from their shoulders...............not so much the W.A. folks, who like I stated, are generally nice people, but tend to be more gullible.
Eh, it was driven by State of Origin and the event stealing that Jeff Kennett did. No one cares that much about Victorians here other than that.

Eh, it was driven by State of Origin and the event stealing that Jeff Kennett did. No one cares that much about Victorians here other than that.

The SOO stuff is two generations old now, and the truth is that Victoria was the mecca of domestic footy, and no South Australian was ever brought here in handcuffs..

However, I acknowledge that there were definitely periods when S.A. were producing better players. Particularly the mercurial types.

W.A. tended to have great kicking & marking players, but the Vics always had it for toughness, predominately built upon the heavier conditions here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SOO stuff is two generations old now, and the truth is that Victoria was the mecca of domestic footy, and no South Australian was ever brought here in handcuffs..

However, I acknowledge that there were definitely periods when S.A. were producing better players. Particularly the mercurial types.

W.A. tended to have great kicking & marking players, but the Vics always had it for toughness, predominately built upon the heavier conditions here.
That is true, but the economy difference is what made the VFL better - not the players. Anyhow most people that have hostility towards Victoria are the ones that are a generation ago, like myself at 33. I grew up with SOO.

Would have thought Perth would be a better choice

SA already has the appropriate military and rocket zones

Also easier to secure government subsidies and rebates for industry

otherwise, I'd agree WA would be a great choice

No, South Australia will never ever recover from being Australian. Ever other state and territory gives Australia a bad name, that south Australians have to endure.

Melbourne is being taken over by African gangs.

Sydney is fast becoming South Central la

Brisbane is more racist than racism itself.

Perth probably has the lowest average iq in the world.

Tasmanias Most famous people are Jackie lambie and the druggy David boon.

Canberra full of criminals and liars.

Darwin is one big failed aa meeting.

Watching that poor bloke getting beaten up by the woman at AO on Friday night, you really do get the sense it's stone age time still in SA. Economy has shot for years, the locals are wierdos, politics is an old boys club and there is no vision for progress.

It really is a blight on the otherwise GOAT country

Although South Australians will tell you it was the collapse of the State Bank that brought the state to its knees, it hasn't been the same since Don Dunstan was Premier. Being the only state that was "settled" by non-convicts, the state has always looked down at others with contempt. Which is why the Adelaide establishment and 'boys club' has been able to permeate for so long; in everything from business, politics, the infamous "family" to the Adelaide Crows. Yet, the reality most South Australians don't realise is that all other Australians don't look upon them with envy; rather the pity of being the poor club-footed cousin with an intellectual disability. This has been to the detriment of the State that is the butt-end of all jokes and viewed as an economic and social wasteland.

Which begs the question, will South Australia ever recover to it's glory days of the 1940'/50's? With a troubled economy, low wages, mediocre education and little to attract tourists other than wine (which, let's face it you can get in any Dan Murphys), what can save South Australia?

In our defense it's hard to recover when you constantly have Port Power in our pockets taking our tax dollars - Trips to China, failed cultural centres, corrupt sponsors, Power players bail....

The Creed: "other peoples money"

No, South Australia will never ever recover from being Australian. Ever other state and territory gives Australia a bad name, that south Australians have to endure.

Melbourne is being taken over by African gangs.

Sydney is fast becoming South Central la

Brisbane is more racist than racism itself.

Perth probably has the lowest average iq in the world.

Tasmanias Most famous people are Jackie lambie and the druggy David boon.

Canberra full of criminals and liars.

Darwin is one big failed aa meeting.

I would be happy to live 52 weeks a year in a backward s**t hole full of alcoholics just because it's the "gateway to Asia".

I would be happy to live 52 weeks a year in a backward s**t hole full of alcoholics just because it's the "gateway to Asia".

Darwin is the Australian city equivalent of a Hindley street massage parlour.

it would seem the whole point of Darwin is those using it as a gate way to Asia, abandon their morals at the door

Darwin is the Australian city equivalent of a Hindley street massage parlour.

it would seem the whole point of Darwin is those using it as a gate way to Asia, abandon their morals at the door

But don't forget it's the gateway to Asia. Live 52 weeks in a dump so you can save 4 hours on a trip to Bali once a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back