Prediction Will St Kilda secure their first finals appearance since 2011????

Remove this Banner Ad

NeXus Nick

All Australian
Jan 28, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
That is the burning question.
Well folks the question will be answered on Sunday. As it stands there are 11 teams still in the race for a top 8 finish. Looking at the ladder, I believe if we win on Sunday we will get in by percentage. If we lose then we will miss by half a game. If only Bking could have kicked that goal against Essendon. If I was a betting man, of the current top 8 the Saints will drop out to be replaced by the Bombers. That’s how crucial that miss from Bking will prove to be. Not to mention the Freo and North games.

I am hopeful that we can do the job on Sunday. But I seriously have grave fears that our wheels are about to fall off. I hope I am wrong.......

Last edited:
Yes
Well folks the question will be answered on Sunday. As it stands there are 11 teams still in the race for a top 8 finish. Looking at the ladder, I believe if we win on Sunday we will get in by percentage. If we lose then we will miss by half a game. If only Bking could have kicked that goal against GC. If I was a betting man, of the current top 8 the Saints will drop out to be replaced by the Bombers. That’s how crucial that miss from Bking will prove to be. Not to mention the Freo and North games.

I am hopeful that we can do the job on Sunday. But I seriously have grave fears that our wheels are about to fall off. I hope I am wrong.......

Well folks the question will be answered on Sunday. As it stands there are 11 teams still in the race for a top 8 finish. Looking at the ladder, I believe if we win on Sunday we will get in by percentage. If we lose then we will miss by half a game. If only Bking could have kicked that goal against GC. If I was a betting man, of the current top 8 the Saints will drop out to be replaced by the Bombers. That’s how crucial that miss from Bking will prove to be. Not to mention the Freo and North games.

So you think Essendon will take our spot? We may or may not make it but I doubt Essendon will be the one preventing us making it. More likely the dees

• Banned
So you think Essendon will take our spot? We may or may not make it but I doubt Essendon will be the one preventing us making it. More likely the dees
Like I said, if the Bombers beat us on Sunday they will take our spot. Saints, Dees and Bulldogs miss out.

I think we will make the finals, but have a long way to go before we will be threatening the GF.

To be a GF winning side I think our midfield is still significantly flawed. Ross should be our last picked if we are to be a realistic chance and thats 3 or 4 quality players away. I believe WCE will win this years flag and have a look at their midfield - Kelly, Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Nic Nat and plethora of flankers like Duggan who could play midfield.

The other thing we need is another tall forward and a strong marking small forward to compliment the ground level players. We still have a lot of list development to go before we can be considered a realistic chance. Having said that it will have been a great season after what we have endured for the past 19 years.

Last edited:
I think we will make the finals, but have a long way to go before we will be threatening the GF.

To be a GF winning side I think our midfield is still significantly flawed. Ross should be our last picked if we are to be a realistic chance and thats 3 or 4 quality players away. I believe WCE will win this years flag and have a look at their midfield - Kelly, Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Nic Nat and plethora of flankers like Duggan who could play midfield.

The other thing we need is another tall forward and a strong marking small forward to compliment the ground level players. We still have a lot of list development to go before we can be considered a realistic chance. Having said that it will have been a great season after what we have endured for the past 19 years.

So you want the perfect side? Lets try to get a mid or two before we worry about the forward line. In order our issues are the mids then a huge gap to the forwards and then a slight gap to the backs. Neither of those 2 are really issues. Every single side has some weaknesses' and we have no idea how good king could become yet.

So you want the perfect side? Lets try to get a mid or two before we worry about the forward line. In order our issues are the mids then a huge gap to the forwards and then a slight gap to the backs. Neither of those 2 are really issues. Every single side has some weaknesses' and we have no idea how good king could become yet.

GF winning sides dont have weaknesses they have strengths and no side has ever won a flag in the modern era with one single key forward no matter how good they are/were. It does take the perfect side to win one and often a perfect top 30 players on your list.

GF winning sides dont have weaknesses they have strengths and no side has ever won a flag in the modern era with one single key forward no matter how good they are/were. It does take the perfect side to win one and often a perfect top 30 players on your list.
They all have weaknesses It’s a crazy comment to suggest they don’t. How would you even know the ceiling of a few of our players. Sides have consistent areas as in mids forwards and backs but some players in those areas are ordinary footballers but work well as a group. Been happening for as long as I’ve followed footy. That is why some premiership players struggle in other sides.

who is even suggesting onekey forward apart from you then. Certainly not me.

Ivan soldo played one Richmond grand final side. Would not get a game with at least half the afl sides.

They all have weaknesses It’s a crazy comment to suggest they don’t. How would you even know the ceiling of a few of our players. Sides have consistent areas as in mids forwards and backs but some players in those areas are ordinary footballers but work well as a group. Been happening for as long as I’ve followed footy. That is why some premiership players struggle in other sides.

who is even suggesting onekey forward apart from you then. Certainly not me.

Ivan soldo played one Richmond grand final side. Would not get a game with at least half the afl sides.

Don't worry. He's just being impatient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nexus is pessimistic.

In other news, water wet.
I don't see how I am being pessimistic. All I have said is that if we lose to the Bombers we will be a 10 to 1 against on finishing top 8. If anything I am being objective for once. The Bombers game on Sunday is our Grand Final. End of story.

I don't see how I am being pessimistic. All I have said is that if we lose to the Bombers we will be a 10 to 1 against on finishing top 8. If anything I am being objective for once. The Bombers game on Sunday is our Grand Final. End of story.
If we lose I will take your ten to one because I reckon on the bookies we will still be less than 3 to one.

Your OP said you had "grave fears". Pessimism.

Doubt the Bombers will the team that upsets our Finals Bid

Bulldogs had a cobbled together forward line. Most of their forwards were mid sized or smalls. The only "tall" forward was Boyd who was s**t until the GF. I would have thought Richmond beat the best side of the previous 2 seasons when they knocked off the Crows too. Most didn't have them making the 8.

Dogs knocked off Sydney in a GF of who neither looked outstanding quality at the time. The best list in the AFL lost to Richmond without even putting up resistance last year. West Coast were probably the 2nd best side in the year they won and nearly got knocked off by the Pies. Mason Cox was the Pies main tall forward.

GF sides cause history to see them as idealised but often it's not the case. Once you have won one they seem to be easier to win as players have a better level self belief.

Our game against Essendon is definitely a must win game if we want to play finals, we play Brisbane after that which we will be long odds to win and also have tough games coming up against West Coast and GWS which we will be unlikely to win, even our games against Melbourne and Hawthorn aren't guaranteed wins.

Richmond 2017 won a GF with one key forward.

They also had a few pretty average small forwards.

They just had a great system and a great game plan.

Our forward stocks are fine IMO. Especially if we cam get am elite mid elite in and let Gresham spend more time forward.

Some people jump of the bandwagon so quickly these days . So we had a bad loss to the Cats , well almost every side has had at least one shocker this season . I don’t expect to win a GF yet either but mainly because a lot of our side is young and inexperienced but we may be awesome in a couple of years . Fingers crossed of course . It would be nice to make the finals but let’s just concentrate on winning each week and enjoy it when we do .
Also I have to say the hate that seems to be going Seb Ross’s way this year is totally undeserved. Even he would admit he is no Cripps or Dangerfield but he gives it his all every week . He is a footballer who isn’t blessed with tonnes of natural ability but he has been our best performing midfielder over the last few years so how about people give him a break .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back