Opinion Will the Fremantle win prove to be 2007 Richmond win re-visited?

Remove this Banner Ad

When has something like that ever happened? One watershed moment leading to 3 flags in 5 years and near total domination of every team, and then another 11 years down the road? Wont happen. That group was something very very special that we may not see ever again.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The issue I have is we wouldn’t of played a tough game leading into finals for a month.
I think we will face a Melbourne side primed. Full of confidence and coming off some morale boosting, tough games.
I would prefer to play Sydney/GWS away or Hawks.
And overrated in my view. They are good but they have had a soft draw

Last edited:

For those who are interested, have a look at Lyon's press conference. He talks about what Geelong does for significant time. He uses the statement "They obliterated us" several times. He discusses how well we transitioned, how we didn't give them space, how even though Fyfe got the ball, it didn't have much of an impact, how our midfield got it out to our runners, how he gave up on the 7th defender as it wasn't working etc etc.

Lyon is a master at killing a game. There was nothing he could get his team to execute in the last two quarters, because the Cats wouldn't let them do it.
Yes he is a bloody good coach whether or not you like his style or not. He was gobsmacked in the box on Satdee

I have a feeling that Melbourne would choke on the big stage. An entire team with little to no finals experience up against blokes like Selwood who has played 26 finals and an older, wiser team would leave us in good stead

Finals experience is overrated. The tigers didn’t have much last year nor did the dogs the year before.
Hunger overrides inexperience.

And I have a feeling GAS is getting himself primed. Whatever you may think of his motivation he wants to win a flag

Oh hell yeah!!!!
Now THAT is worth the price of admission - even today.

Go Catters

Finals experience is overrated. The tigers didn’t have much last year nor did the dogs the year before.
Hunger overrides inexperience.

The Dogs had an elimination final in 2015, and a good chunk of the Tigers had played in their three losing finals a few years prior. Has anyone from Melbourne played a final?

The Dogs had an elimination final in 2015, and a good chunk of the Tigers had played in their three losing finals a few years prior. Has anyone from Melbourne played a final?
Jordan Lewis - the big one, might as well make him coach for the finals series.

Jeff Garlett.

Bernie Vince.

Didn't Jones in his first year?

Not sure about the two ex Bombers.

Not an abundance, but a few.

Jordan Lewis - the big one, might as well make him coach for the finals series.

Jeff Garlett.

Bernie Vince.

Didn't Jones in his first year?

Not sure about the two ex Bombers.

Not an abundance, but a few.

According to AFL Tables, Jones played two in his first season, but had little impact, with nine and five disposals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back