Will the Granny sell out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully, be some egg on the faces of a lot of doubters.
Everybody has been texting me asking if I have any inside track on tickets.

The AFL hates BigFooty so, people, no. No I don't.

* - Only restrictEd Lower tier for $185

They are REALLY s**t seats.

Like - see the players legs.

I’ll spend my $350 i was going to spend on some top shelf alcohol and some wagyu beef steaks and other gourmet food and live like a king at home Saturday night.

I have spent probably close to a grand on footy this years - haven’t actually added it up but ive done my bit for the competition.

Yeah. People from the outside looking in have no idea the popularity of Aussie Rules in QLD. I know of heaps of people in the queue right now desperate to get in even as neutrals..
BuT wE aRE a RuGbY LeAGUe STatE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay in queue guys. For whatever reason tickets in baskets can find their way back online for purchasing.
You will know more in 10 mins if tkts go back into TM to purcahse

You were expecting the 6,000 odd Richmond/Geelong members to buy the 16,000 public tickets available? There was always going to be left over tickets for the general public with only that amount of members permitted to attend. I believe it will sell out tomorrow pretty easily tbh
If there was only that many Members, they really should have allowed them 2 tickets per Barcode.

Out of interest I went into Ticketmaster at 9:53, entered queue, at 10am it told me I was 13,000 in the queue, finally got in to the purchase area at 10:17 and no tickets left.

On the seat plan it looked like 80-90% of the stadium was classified as category 1 and 2, which means the bulk of seats were $381 and $422.

Out of interest I went into Ticketmaster at 9:53, entered queue, at 10am it told me I was 13,000 in the queue, finally got in to the purchase area at 10:17 and no tickets left.

On the seat plan it looked like 80-90% of the stadium was classified as category 1 and 2, which means the bulk of seats were $381 and $422.
I think everything bar the s**t seats at ground level where you can see a letterbox view of the ground were bumped up a category.

That's plain embarrassing. 33 years in QLD and can't even sell out a 30k capacity once in a lifetime Grand Final.
Could have had 60k at Optus Stadium, probably an average ticket price of $300. That's about $18 million in revenue.

Will be struggling to get a third of that at the Gabba.

They'll fill the 30k one way or another but there will be discounted or comped tickets to ensure it happens.

Egg on the faces of the AFL.

Nice melt.

That's plain embarrassing. 33 years in QLD and can't even sell out a 30k capacity once in a lifetime Grand Final.
Sold out in minutes when it went public.

Every man and his dog wanted tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back