Will the Granny sell out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Think a few people in this thread have had an absolute mare in regards to this.
They don't realise how little there is to do on a Saturday night in Brisbane.

There's still some of the rip off $2k packages if people are desperate.
Not many of those left either it seems, only the $2495 and thats your last option unless keen to pay 23k for a dining option for 8

If you didn't think this was going to sell out you are an obnoxious moron who should never be allowed to speak on anything Queensland (or NSW) ever again. A 30K Grand Final once-in-a-life opportunity in QLD? Easy. Bris-Port might have had a bigger vibe of expectation, but you've still got two recently successful name sides with several marketable star names.

not going to read the whole thread but surely no one genuinely thought it wouldn’t sell out did they? No one can be that out of touch with the game... surely?
I think they forgot that it went to Members first. So when the members of 2 Victorian clubs that have 99% of their membership base banned from going didn't sell it out they got a little excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have had 60k at Optus Stadium, probably an average ticket price of $300. That's about $18 million in revenue.

Will be struggling to get a third of that at the Gabba.

They'll fill the 30k one way or another but there will be discounted or comped tickets to ensure it happens.

Egg on the faces of the AFL.
How would the grand final in Perth worked logistically? All teams needing to quarantine before the game?

Could have had 60k at Optus Stadium, probably an average ticket price of $300. That's about $18 million in revenue.

Will be struggling to get a third of that at the Gabba.

They'll fill the 30k one way or another but there will be discounted or comped tickets to ensure it happens.

Egg on the faces of the AFL.
Optus would have been 36000

I think once Brisbane got knocked out the AFL were content with a 30,000 crowd and didn’t really want to push for more just in case it didn’t sell well. After today that fear vanished, I don’t think even Gil would’ve expected the ground to be sold out within 20 minutes.

Do we think there’s any chance they backtrack and allow 35,000 in now? There is a 2nd sale on Thursday for unused tickets (usually 100-200) but they could just add an extra few thousand into that really...

I think once Brisbane got knocked out the AFL were content with a 30,000 crowd and didn’t really want to push for more just in case it didn’t sell well. After today that fear vanished, I don’t think even Gil would’ve expected the ground to be sold out within 20 minutes.

Do we think there’s any chance they backtrack and allow 35,000 in now? There is a 2nd sale on Thursday for unused tickets (usually 100-200) but they could just add an extra few thousand into that really...
Dont the government set capacity?

Victorian living on the Gold Coast.

Literally all I've heard this week is people talking about GF tickets, those who thought this would not sell out need their head checked.

Can't wait for it, bring on Saturday night!

How would the grand final in Perth worked logistically? All teams needing to quarantine before the game?
The Biggest difference is Post game. in QLD: Players become ordinary QLDers and can jump in the crowd/Hug Crowd members/Visit as many stripjoints as they like.
In WA: No interaction with the crowd, party back in the hotel before the flight out the following day. Game would have to be called from Interstate, and anyone who would have liked to attend (family, Gil, Other AFL reps, Reporters/Photographors, Musicians) would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks beforehand.

not going to read the whole thread but surely no one genuinely thought it wouldn’t sell out did they? No one can be that out of touch with the game... surely?

There is a WA supporter who has 5 accounts pretending to be a dogs fan who has been whinging the entire time and letting everyone know it wouldn't sell out

The Biggest difference is Post game. in QLD: Players become ordinary QLDers and can jump in the crowd/Hug Crowd members/Visit as many stripjoints as they like.
In WA: No interaction with the crowd, party back in the hotel before the flight out the following day. Game would have to be called from Interstate, and anyone who would have liked to attend (family, Gil, Other AFL reps, Reporters/Photographors, Musicians) would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks beforehand.
Yeah that would never have worked unless they decided to play the whole final series in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back