List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every club says that. Stewart Dew on 3AW tonight said that Gold Coast see themselves as becoming a destination club. It's marketing spin.

No need to say it in our AGM's then I wouldn't have thought if we didn't believe this was the case. Everyone that attends those will likely purchase memberships religiously anyways.

No player is worth 1.3 mill especially Shiel who wouldn’t quite be a top ten mid in the comp. Makes it hard to have team success also. Imagine walking into a club knowing you are getting paid almost half a million a year more than any of your new team mates.
Shiel arguably isn't even in the top 30 mids in the comp. $1.3M a year is mental.

Just having a bit of a think about the GC matching scenario.....

If they match and get Ric 2018 first rounder and 2019 first rounder, and a fringe player or perhaps Ric 2018 3rd rounder. Then AFL gift them a band 1 priority pick. So they get 3 first rounders.....be it at least one of them will be a late first rounder.

Alternatively, I can’t see the AFL giving GC a band 1 priority pick in addition to pick 3 compo pick for TL. More likely mid or end of first round pp. in which case they only get 2 first rounders.

Both scenarios include pick 3, but the matching scenario lands them an extra first rounder. The AFL change the narrative to suit their agenda.

Seems do’able to me.

No one is suggesting this or any scenario is not doable. Quite the contrary. Question is, should this aggressive Matching occur, (this has to occur before any of this is an issue) are the Tigs prepared to spend this PLUS the Cap and the List Management flexibility on this player while they have a fwd structure that currently works and likely to continue to work while their “window” is open.

But they are being asked some big questions, and questions which I am assured they did not expect to face.

If they do fine. Just decide soon. My info today is they are “stuffing around, providing she’ll be right platitudes”. All I also know is the TL camp is NOT interested in platitudes or maybe’s.

If GWS are entertaining the thought of trading Rory Lobb back to WA in order to keep Shiel, they must have a ruckman lined up this trade period

Dawson Simpson couldn’t surely be their no.1 choice ruck?

Preuss or Ceglar fit the bill

Not that it matter to us but I think North will offer Preuss for Rohan. If I was Sydney that deal makes too much sense not to. They need another ruck and especially one that can go forward and kick a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton would be the one I'd offload if I were them. Cameron, Himmelberg and Lobb would be a star and mobile attack. Get in a ruckman like Pruess or Ceglar and their set.

Someone would take Patton's full contract for sure. Just wouldn't get the best picks, probably get enough to get a decent ruck or pressure forward in, which is what they desperately need.

I’m not so sure unloading Patton would be as easy as you think. He’s done is ACL like 4 times now (think one side 3 times and the other once). Sorry but if he’s on decent coin who’s gonna trade for him when he’s going to be out until late next season. Not seeing it.

Not that it matter to us but I think North will offer Preuss for Rohan. If I was Sydney that deal makes too much sense not to. They need another ruck and especially one that can go forward and kick a goal.
No they don't, they already have 3 on their list. Naismith will be back next season and Sinclair will go forward. They have Cameron in reserve.

$wans need another tall forward to give Franko a chop out which is why they are into Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back