List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hearing our offer is the best of the lot. And we can keep going.

All depends if he wants us. If so, we will make it happen. Clarko is going all in.
We (the club) would know if he wants us by now. I’d be surprised if he hadn’t made his decision before the season started.

If Lynch wanted to be close to family our training base is on the right side of town

If he wants to know a bit about the club he goes to Jaeger can tell him

If he wants to go to a club that wont have to shed a bunch of players to bring him in GW has his back

Err.., I have reservations about some areas of our list but let’s not forget that we DO average just about 57 inside 50’s a game !!! We just don’t have enough marking players or enough ground ball gets inside 50 to be damaging! This won’t continue forever and a day , Lynch would have heaps of opportunities to score mini bags in our side and will make Breust and gunston better as well.
And where do people get this 1.4m a year offers from tigers and pies from??
The only way those clubs can push even 800 is if they do a major clean out of about 3-4 players each at the end of the season and I don’t mean depth players either. We all know we have minimum 1.2 available thanks to Cyril and vickery and maybe more by trade period. Though my stance doesn’t change, elite inside mid is a must!

I am not doubting you but i cannot believe that.

Unless this is a one off I can't see us giving the most coin.

And if i am being honest if I were Lynch i would choose Pies or Tigers over us for less $$$$ everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Those teams play in front of 60k minimum at the G and are contenders for a few years to come.

We can't even get 30k to Burgoynes 350th.

I have no idea his motivations but he comes across as the type of bloke who isn't motivated by $$$.
I think thats a little tiny bit rough. 6-8 weeks ago the Pies were seen as a rabble. They still havent potentially beaten anyone of value during this period of good footy.

6-8 weeks ago we were being lauded for how quick we'd turned things around. Heck even last week we were seen as a monty for top 8. A bad week and everyones off us again.

Its easy to forget that even this time last year Richmond were just an ok team building for a crack at their first finals appearance foe ages.

Our contact with a bloke like Lynch would have been based on far more than the last 6 weeks. Weve been into him for years.

We are a really well run and organised club, we care about our players, we have a great new facility and an elite medical team to help sort him out. We have an offer that sounds just as good as anyone elses.

The way i see it, we deserve Toms consideration just as much as Rich and Coll.

Despite a lot of us being a little flat with where we are at this week, Id argue that over the course of the last 40-odd games of footy we have played at least half as many good games as bad games, its just that games like the 2 against Bris and GC stand out like dogs balls.

I think thats a little tiny bit rough. 6-8 weeks ago the Pies were seen as a rabble. They still havent potentially beaten anyone of value during this period of good footy.

6-8 weeks ago we were being lauded for how quick we'd turned things around. Heck even last week we were seen as a monty for top 8. A bad week and everyones off us again.

Its easy to forget that even this time last year Richmond were just an ok team building for a crack at their first finals appearance foe ages.

Our contact with a bloke like Lynch would have been based on far more than the last 6 weeks. Weve been into him for years.

We are a really well run and organised club, we care about our players, we have a great new facility and an elite medical team to help sort him out. We have an offer that sounds just as good as anyone elses.

Despite a lot of us being a little flat with where we are at this week, Id argue that over the course of the last 40-odd games of footy we have played at least half as many good games as bad games, its just that games like the 2 against Bris and GC stand out like dogs balls.
You have to admit that many of us thought they were gifted the GF last year as they didn't have to leave the MCG! They have certainly proved to be the team to beat this year, however you just hope they don't have to travel during the finals as they can't seem to win away from Melbourne. It's probably up to WCE to dislodge them from 1st position on the ladder but that won't be easy.

Hopefully are aren't adding 2 games against Carlton to that list also.

Exactly. Been saying this for a while... they just haven't beaten anyone. Absolute dream draw.
Yes.

Melbourne who are 0-5 against top 8 sides themselves.

Between the pair they have 1 win against top 8 sides in 11 matches (and only because they had to play each other someone had to win or at least draw).

We have 4 wins from 8 matches and are in the fight of our life to make finals. Whoever says the fixture doesn't play a part in where a team finishes on a ladder is either an idiot or lying.

Yes.

Between the pair they have 1 win against top 8 sides in 11 matches (and only because they had to play each other someone had to win or at least draw).

We have 4 wins from 8 matches and are in the fight of our life to make finals. Whoever says the fixture doesn't play a part in where a team finishes on a ladder is either an idiot or lying.
Thx for these posts. Very interesting. Maybe Brisbane have just emerged as our new bogey side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can only beat who you play. They are playing very well. Can’t be this high up on the ladder without being a good side. They haven’t lost games they we’re expected to win
true but it's not like the spread is anywhere close to even
Dees have had the best run so far only coming up against a top 8 team four times but haven't won once
Saints and Crows have had the worst run and crows have been reasonable
WC have had the best record against the top 8
upload_2018-7-19_10-1-26.png

You can only beat who you play. They are playing very well. Can’t be this high up on the ladder without being a good side. They haven’t lost games they we’re expected to win
That's all well and good at a certain stage, but you'll get found out when you do play them. Hence their current slip, and probably a short finals appearance

That's all well and good at a certain stage, but you'll get found out when you do play them. Hence their current slip, and probably a short finals appearance
All these
Fixture anomalies just have me and most people I think judging WTF when thinking about quality of sides.

The sooner we stop the fixture manipulating, go to 17-5, everyone plays each other once and 5 blockbuster / derby games that are randomly shuffled each year without any ladder input, the better.

I reckon a 17 game season and then finals would be better, throw a midseason bye and no end of season bye

have that bye be one round and have an under 18s national carnival televised instead

people are already checking out of this year because their teams are done and some teams haven't even played each other yet

Mitigating circumstances that one. Clashed with Australia vs France in the World Cup, and Australia vs Ireland in the rugby

Similar crowd to what turned up to the Crows game though, with no mitigating circumstances (cold weather doesn't count - this is bloody Melbourne) and a milestone game for Silk.

Similar crowd to what turned up to the Crows game though, with no mitigating circumstances (cold weather doesn't count - this is bloody Melbourne) and a milestone game for Silk.
Let it go Ned, you'll be watching more games at super hero stadium next season with the added comfort of a roof and better viewing and the fast track and fast scoring that will suit our new run and gun game style you'll come to love the place.
Easier for me to get off the long silver people mover and walk anyway, stay away people.
Font.

Let it go Ned, you'll be watching more games at super hero stadium next season with the added comfort of a roof and better viewing and the fast track and fast scoring that will suit our new run and gun game style you'll come to love the place.
Easier for me to get off the long silver people mover and walk anyway, stay away people.
Font.

Can't wait to get my seats in the Tony Stark Stand.

I reckon a 17 game season and then finals would be better, throw a midseason bye and no end of season bye

have that bye be one round and have an under 18s national carnival televised instead

people are already checking out of this year because their teams are done and some teams haven't even played each other yet

Would the players have to take a 20% pay cut considering the season is 20 % or so shorter ?

Yes.

The counter argument to that is that we have lost to the 2nd worst team of the year by combined margin of around 90 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back