List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did that come from?

It was reported that Lynch was not happy at all that Buckley reported that he had met with lynch - life went to s**t once he did.

Tyler may have inside info but there was no mention that it had made him change his mind about the pies as he had met with them long before tigers or hawks

Agree. Lynch is the key. But even I’m now bracing myself for an imminent Tigers announcement. There’s just too much ferken noise around it now to ignore.

Deal in principle was done with the Tigers a long long time ago.

Perhaps his management and Tom himself were a little surprised when the clubs started lining up in front of him and bending over and offering the world.

I have heard nothing different to suggest anything has changed and he will become a Tiger.

SEN. Saying Lynch filthy with Bucks leak.

It was reported that Lynch was not happy at all that Buckley reported that he had met with lynch - life went to s**t once he did.

Tyler may have inside info but there was no mention that it had made him change his mind about the pies as he had met with them long before tigers or hawks

Thank you.

I Don’t blame Lynch. I’d be pretty pissed too, if a meeting was made public, it’s a breach of confidentiality.

Deal in principle was done with the Tigers a long long time ago.

Perhaps his management and Tom himself were a little surprised when the clubs started lining up in front of him and bending over and offering the world.

I have heard nothing different to suggest anything has changed and he will become a Tiger.

So your saying we're no chance..........i still hold out for hope because Hawthorn have been fairly quite behind the scene but have admitted to have been in contact and low and behold Tom sat next to Jeffrey on the plane who knows what conversations were had.

Incorrect. Lynch and his management had met with Richmond many moons ago.

So your saying we're no chance..........i still hold out for hope because Hawthorn have been fairly quite behind the scene but have admitted to have been in contact and low and behold Tom sat next to Jeffrey on the plane who knows what conversations were had.

Hawks have been *quiet.

I still believe as I was told many months back a deal was done with Richmond and that’s where he will be playing next season.

Pies out of Lynch race. Then there were 2.

Don’t want him to go to the Pies.
They have a pretty good midfield and become more dangerous with Lynch up forward. Hopefully they shat in their own nest with all of the public commentary about meeting with him.
How embarrassing.

Don’t care if he goes to the Tigers - put some salary cap squeeze on them. Might also upset their game plan which is working for them at the moment.

Incorrect. Lynch and his management had met with Richmond many moons ago.

Well you can call the author on that rather than the messenger. Its in the HS somewhere and repeated on SEN. According to said author Lynch grew up a pies supporter and it was his first option when making the decision to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Hardie on PerthNow Afl, says Hawthorn, Collingwood and Carlton are heavily interested in luring Adam Cerra back to Melbourne.
Why do I get the feeling the media are using Hawthorn’s name with every player movement story because they know we have salary cap space opened up with Rioli retiring early :think:

Hawks have been *quiet.

I still believe as I was told many months back a deal was done with Richmond and that’s where he will be playing next season.

So what you are effectively saying is that Connors & D'arazio have been leading HFC & CFC along for many months - for the purposes of what? if a deal had already been done, why try & leverage other clubs. Why not just say thanks but no thanks?

Tops can back me up - I know Paul through my old man & he works with integrity - so the above has left me scratching my head for the better part of 2 months. 80% of the noise has been done deal to tigers - the remaining 20% is either hawks or pies thinking we are still in it. The numbers are too hard to ignore so I am going to be very disappointed with CSM if this turns out to be true - very hard to argue though & as Tops said - there will not be a big enough crack for CSM to hide in if Clarko gets whiff of a bum steer.

Last edited:
So what you are effectively saying is that Connors & D'arazio have been leading HFC & CFC along for many months - for the purposes of what? if a deal had already been done, why try & leverage other clubs. Why not just say thanks but no thanks?

Tops can back me up - I know Paul through my old man & he works with integrity - so the above has left me scratching my head for the better part of 2 months. 80% of the noise has been done deal to tigers - the remaining 20% is either hawks or pies thinking we are still in it. The numbers are too hard to ignore so I am going to be very disappointed with CSM if this turns out to be true - very hard to argue though & as Tops said - there will not be a big enough crack for CSM to hide in if Clarko gets whiff of a bum steer.

You don’t think players and managers agree in principle a long way out to a move?

Buddy ring a bell? The Giants were negotiating all along for his services when he had already 12 months earlier hatched a deal with the swans. Heck even the AFL thought he was going to the Giants.

Jaeger ring a bell? I was told Eade came to training one day and said to Jaeger I thought you would be wearing brown shorts to training for the rest of the season and that was in the first couple of rounds!!!

It goes on everywhere.
I am not disputing Connors is a nice man.
He is a business man.
He is a sales man.
His job is to get more money for his client and his own business.
If you think differently then that is fine.

Last edited:
You don’t think players and managers agree in principle a long way out to a move?

Buddy ring a bell? The Giants were negotiating all along for his devices when he had already 12 months earlier hatched a deal.

Jaeger ring a bell? I was told Eade came to training one day and said to Jaeger I thought you would be wearing brown shorts to training for the rest of the season and that was in the first couple of rounds!!!

It goes on everywhere.
I am not disputing Connors is a nice man.
He is a business man.
He is a sales man.
His job is to get more money for his client and his own business.
If you think differently then that is fine.

How does he get more money for his client by doing this if the deal is agreed?

How does he get more money for his client by doing this if the deal is agreed?

A- you get the player to agree that you are his club of choice
B- you then chat rough financials
in good faith obviously a long way out without agreeing to the exact amount.
C-As the management team you then do your due diligence and see what sort of offers come in before you go back to your club of choice and say.....”obviously player x wants to join your club as his preference however the financials we discussed 12 months ago have moved considerably more than we thought they would ie the 800 per year we were discussing has now become north of 1 mill per year.

Can you please come back to us with an offer we can table to our client that is fair and reasonable.

It’s called negotiating......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back