List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben King one of the standout Key Forwards in this draft and tipped to go in the top 3 just suffered what looks like a serious knee injury.

Now i hope for his sake it isn't BUT if it is we could get ourselves an absolute bargain on draft night.

This is a guy who kicked 8.5 in the 1st TAC cup game.

Would come a lot cheaper then Lynch.

Hmmmmm.

Ben King one of the standout Key Forwards in this draft and tipped to go in the top 3 just suffered what looks like a serious knee injury.

Now i hope for his sake it isn't BUT if it is we could get ourselves an absolute bargain on draft night.

Hmmmmm.

Was his brother Max according to this: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-21/no1-contender-max-king-suffers-suspected-knee-injury

Hmmmmm.
Not sure we'd take that punt with such a lack of tall forwards coming through ATM.

If he didn't come good, we'd be kicking ourselves for the next decade.

With our list including some stars for the next few years and the best coach going around we are a destination club again. Don’t want any $1mil plus a year players would prefer drafting a couple of A graders instead that can play their role really well!

He doesn't play on the number 1 forward anyway. Would improve out backline but can't do it on his own.

Lake didn’t always play on the best forward during his career. A player like McGovern would be a significant upgrade on Frawley.

Forget Tom Lynch, get Jeremy McGovern.
Reckon we’ll have a lesser name lined up, with a carrot in front of them called “opportunity”.

We’ve been linked to a coupe of defenders over the last few years(thompson(suns), mckenzie(eagles)).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake didn’t always play on the best forward during his career. A player like McGovern would be a significant upgrade on Frawley.
He is also going to asking for significant $$.

If the talks that he has been offered over a million are true then we should laugh and walk away, he is in no way a million dollar a year player and not even close to it. We have Sicily to play the same role he does and should look elsewhere to replace Frawley in my opinion.

Reckon we’ll have a lesser name lined up, with a carrot in front of them called “opportunity”.

We’ve been linked to a coupe of defenders over the last few years(thompson(suns), mckenzie(eagles)).

During the off-season last year Vickery (key forward), Fitzpatrick (ruckman) and Surman (key defender) all retired and yet not one key position player was added onto the list despite it being a glaring weakness. Perhaps they might have someone already lined up?

Kaiden Brand would be a significant upgrade on Frawley
Why is Brand seen as the saviour on this site. I feel like I'm watching a different player.

He has been ok when in the team, however still has a hell of a lot to learn about positioning.

If we are counting on Brand to come in and be the Messiah of our backline, I think we will be very disappointed...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Why is Brand seen as the saviour on this site. I feel like I'm watching a different player.

He has been ok when in the team, however still has a hell of a lot to learn about positioning.

If we are counting on Brand to come in and be the Messiah of our backline, I think we will be very disappointed...

I'd say the coaches think similar to you, considering they played Mirra ahead of him in a game against a tall forward line.

Not saying he is the Messiah but Frawley is making Gibson’s 2017 look good.

He is done, and we had a 199cm Kpd running around for Box Hill.

Because we got reamed and he didn't play. Similarly, people will start looking at Langford in a better light as a potential fix to our midfield problems. Personally, I think if we really shuffle these deck chairs hard enough, we may just prevent the Titanic from sinking.

During the off-season last year Vickery (key forward), Fitzpatrick (ruckman) and Surman (key defender) all retired and yet not one key position player was added onto the list despite it being a glaring weakness. Perhaps they might have someone already lined up?

Or they have faith in Lewis and Nash or think playing two rucks with one rotating through full forward is viable.

The way the game is played these days, you often only need one big KPD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back