Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm re-watching the replay and with 9 minutes to go in the third Frederick misses a snap after a Lobb contest.

When watching it live, I said to my mate:
"The issue with Frederick is that he's just not quite there. Doesn't quite have the touch for a upper tier AFL player. It might develop but he seems to be just off where he needs to be. Should still play plenty of games because of his speed though"
2 minutes later high tackle, side step the guy on the mark and slot it from 45m. Some gentle ribbing from my mate.
From next bounce, he drops the mark, recovers and finds Darcy for a goal assist. A little more.
Provides 3 other strong contests - halving a 2 on 1 marking contest, and tackling (should have been HTB) in the forward line and back line. My mate is getting stuck into my for my s**t takes.
Then THAT play 2 involvements. I'm admitting that he's playing a great game.
End of quarter makes a contest after Brayshaw (MEL) reads the flight better. I'm feeling a little vindicated - imagine being beaten by Angus.

Suffice to say, I was copping it for a s**t call.

Then in the 4th when he gets the snap and his second goals, the turn around was complete. All in less than a quarter of footy.

I always knew Frederick would make it - never had any doubts.

So I'm re-watching the replay and with 9 minutes to go in the third Frederick misses a snap after a Lobb contest.

"The issue with Frederick is that he's just not quite there. Doesn't quite have the touch for a upper tier AFL player. It might develop but he seems to be just off where he needs to be. Should still play plenty of games because of his speed though"
2 minutes later high tackle, side step the guy on the mark and slot it from 45m. Some gentle ribbing from my mate.
From next bounce, he drops the mark, recovers and finds Darcy for a goal assist. A little more.
Provides 3 other strong contests - halving a 2 on 1 marking contest, and tackling (should have been HTB) in the forward line and back line. My mate is getting stuck into my for my s**t takes.
End of quarter makes a contest after Brayshaw (MEL) reads the flight better. I'm feeling a little vindicated - imagine being beaten by Angus.

Then in the 4th when he gets the snap and his second goals, the turn around was complete. All in less than a quarter of footy.

I had the identical text exchange with a mate.
Had to eat humble pie.

What is interesting is Freddy said he played Switta's role. I wonder if that is his best position in the team and we should find something else for Switta.
Something in that.

When I watched the Blues game, Freddy was more deep than high.

Freddy is a better high forward than a deep forward.

I would say that Freddy, Switta, Schultz, Colyer and Walters are better high forwards than deep.

Game of 2 halves.

Kicked 2.7.19 by halftime. Lobb kicked both goals.

Then kicks 12.3.75 after half time. Ended up kicking 14.10.94.

Loved that spread of goal kickers in the 2nd half.

Those small forwards in Schulz, Frederick and Walters contributed well again.

Having tabs and Lobb up forward worked well again too.

Just before that Freddie step and goal on the run, a melb supporter sitting behind me tapp3d me on the shoulder and said that Fredrick is pretty useless.

Then he slammed that home right in front of us. I turned and said "if you can pull that off at AFL level youre not useless". He agreed and laughed at how wrong he was.
Lol, did you see the tosser taking an audible deep breath as Montagna first spoke? He was fuming! Suck sh*t buddy!

He’s one of those players that has high impact, low disposals. When he does indeed get those disposals, he’s usually damaging. 17 disposals, 2 goals 1 behind. 2 goal assists. The more involved in the game he gets, the better.

T'was Freddie. He was involved multiple times. Can u win goal of the year without actually kicking the goal???

f*** me, that gives me goosebumps every damn time!! I've seen it so any times now, but to think it started with Freddy just outside the defensive 50 our end is totally insane. Easily his best game for the Purple and one that I hope hotwires him into some heady form going forward. Just incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I am sitting in the sunshine in my patio with a coffee reflecting on the Freddy flick back.
I thought what could outdo that ?
Then I started dreaming as I do these days.
So, It’s the grand final and the scores are level with 10 seconds on the clock .
Freddy does precisely the same manoeuvre and the crowd erupts.
Aah life’s good.

Oh yes I forgot, it is against wc.

WC ????

what is the year 2029 and we just nailed the sealer for our 5th flag

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

6F228306-7810-4BEB-8F11-BF162FBCE5BC.jpeg

its beautiful teh lurd of teh rings GIF

What exactly is the difference between Freddy's and Switta's roles? Is there some minor variation in small forward play?

I'm surprised this hasn't got more attention.

It's takes a big set to do something like that, particularly at that stage of the game.

I'd love to know if it was planned or just natural instinct. Either way I was extremely impressed and honestly didn't think Freddy had it in him. I'm seeing him in a different light after that and think the sky is the limit.
There was another very clever flick on the back flank
Maybe 3rd Quarter ?
Colyer to Clarke maybe ?

I’ve got a terrible memory but it was bloody good

Freddie set it up from the defensive 50 then gut run 150 metres to make the tap
I know mate, it was supposed to be a joke but totally blew up in my face...you could hear pindrops :sob:. I don't even know if Banners had been subbed into the game at that point?!

I know mate, it was supposed to be a joke but totally blew up in my face...you could hear pindrops :sob:. I don't even know if Banners had been subbed into the game at that point?!
No biggie
Is worth talking about because it was bloody awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back