Will the Swans get a KPF or not (with poll)

Will the Swans recruit/trade a KPF or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Will the Swans trade for a KPF, being a RFA or a clean trade, or trade to get Pick 1 or we will get nothing!

With poll but appears not to show on Android phone!

Poll open until trade period starts. Can only vote once but can change vote and the list has changed since it started.

Last edited:

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon there's about a 50/50 chance we get Daniher.

Brown's a one dimensional player who doesn't suit the SCG and we don't have a midfield currently capable of delivering him the silver service he needs.

I doubt Cox leaves the Pies.

We won't pay Cameron the highest salary in all of footy.

With regards to trading up from #3 to #1, it just doesn't seem worth the extra player we'd have to throw in.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Daniher is up on the air

Brown is only if cheap

I don't think Cox is a good idea

McDonald will probably be gone

Jeremy Cameron is the only one I can see the swans making a "play" for imo

Is Daniher now looking at Brisbane because the swans may be chatting to someone else?
It makes more sense for Daniher to go to Brisbane anyway, but I do wonder if that's the case.

The other alternative is that he's using Brisbane as a smokescreen. But given we've been the ones used for leverage in recent times and Brisbane have actually signed good players, I'm not convinced this is the case.

I'd take Mason Cox as he would be cheap and he is a handy player. The rest are a massive no for various different reasons including injury history, work ethic and in some cases the cost for getting that player to the club.
He'd be cheap to bring across but I think he's on $500k and if the Pies let him go, I doubt they'd be paying any of that with their cap issues.

Arrr

Senior List
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Surely Cox would be worth a try in the ruck. If we could get him for cheap anyway. Depends on his contract situation at the pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Why can’t we afford him? Serious question

I don’t quite understand why we can’t either. Buddy 2022 -500k and 2023 -1m

Plus Reid off contract next year, probably Kennedy’s last year as well as all the players we have shed in the past few years.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t quite understand why we can’t either. Buddy 2022 -500k and 2023 -1m

Plus Reid off contract next year, probably Kennedy’s last year as well as all the players we have shed in the past few years.
It is fixed in stone by the AFL. RFA contracts can't be changed after the original offer and acception by the player.

Terms in how much each year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'd move heaven and earth to flip the pick with Adelaide but I can't see them doing it for starters and it's scary what we'd have to give up. However if they want Thilhorpe they don't really have to take him at 1, he'd be there at 3. Who knows there.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
It is fixed in stone by the AFL. RFA contracts can't be changed after the original offer and acception by the player.

Terms in how much each year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think you’ve misunderstood me Tesla.
In 2021 his contract is (reportedly) 1.5m. In 2022 this drips to 1m (-500k) and in 2023 it is gone from our cap (-1m).

Ie. we can start building those savings into contracts from now on.

Back