Will the Swans get a KPF or not (with poll)

Will the Swans recruit/trade a KPF or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
In your opinion

All far more mobile than him imo

Reminds me of Patton
?

He's not that bad, not like he's had acl damage.

He was pick 1 for a reason.

Maybe we're watching different players lol

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
So was Patton FWIW
On that note I think McCartins injuries are more serious.

I think he'll easily be a very good player, but I don't know if I was his parent/close relatives, that I would want to see him play again.

Yes, but we are talking about different injuries...

That's the comparison I was drawing, both are pick 1 for a reason, so Patton would still be very good imo if not for having a knee that can no longer handle any significant stress.
And Fitzgerald could have been a three time Swans premiership player in 05, 06 and 12 if he didn't get injured

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
And Fitzgerald could have been a three time Swans premiership player in 05, 06 and 12 if he didn't get injured
Can't tell if your taking the piss.

If you are, I clearly stated that all of the assertations were my opinion and bare no more weight on reality than any other opinion.

If you aren't, I apologise.

Can't tell if your taking the piss.

If you are, I clearly stated that all of the assertations were my opinion and bare no more weight on reality than any other opinion.

If you aren't, I apologise.
To be fair, about everything I say is about a 50% piss take :p

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Definitely the cheapest of all the options discussed. Also the one with the least runs on the board at AFL level.

He won't be on a lot of money. I wonder if there is scope for us to add McCartin AND a high profile KPF?

Yep money is probably a big part of the attraction. Daniher is banged up and expensive. Would love to get Cameron - he really is a gun but also very expensive.
Paddy Mac's career has barely started so it's hard to assess him. But I suspect Sydney is running the ruler over every half-available KPF and ruckman.

St Kilda wouldn't have made finals without their three ex-Sydney players, so they should be prepared to play nice.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
On that note I think McCartins injuries are more serious.

I think he'll easily be a very good player, but I don't know if I was his parent/close relatives, that I would want to see him play again.

I have listened to an interview (Paddy) , months ago. He seriously wants to play.
Apparently the medico's have told him the brain realigns the neural pathways, and is capable in younger persons to correct imbalance / foggy vision etc

Cassius Clay / Mohamed Ali prolly ought to have stopped at 2 times undisputed world champ (when it meant something) but sometimes the drive is, they were born to do it. It is their obsession.

Someone will pick him up IF medically cleared. ( LOL! Footscray - better than Bruce even if he only delivers the drink bottles)
Is his head in worse shape than an older Joel Selwood's ?

If Franklin and Reid were OOC, then the smart choice would be Cameron (admirer of Goodes and a closet Swans fan) BUT there can't be enough bucks in the tin yet to commit to that.

If he plays 5 games in ressies and in a bust, it will show good faith to bro Tom that they gave him a chance and no harm done.

I disagree with the fat and immobile comments. He is WAS a quality old fashioned footballer that could be the pick up recruit of the year.
If Tom Paddy and family is happy, and Swans prepared to take a chance.... it could turn into GOLD!

Something must be done soon to key forward line and ruck positions to progress.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Yep money is probably a big part of the attraction. Daniher is banged up and expensive. Would love to get Cameron - he really is a gun but also very expensive.
Paddy Mac's career has barely started so it's hard to assess him. But I suspect Sydney is running the ruler over every half-available KPF and ruckman.

St Kilda wouldn't have made finals without their three ex-Sydney players, so they should be prepared to play nice.

Saints don’t really have anything to do with it as he isn’t on their list.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
Everyone remember how you felt when Tom was concussed earlier this year? I don’t think I could ever be comfortable watching Paddy play for ANY team. Going forward he can have a good quality of life, but 1 more bad one, who knows what that could do. Such a risk for him for no guarantees

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
When St. Kilda refused to offer anything of value for Membrey, the club delisted him for mental health reasons (not that he had mental health issues, just to save him the stress of a month in limbo and the preseason draft). It will be interesting to see if St. Kilda approaches McCartin the same way.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
When St. Kilda refused to offer anything of value for Membrey, the club delisted him for mental health reasons (not that he had mental health issues, just to save him the stress of a month in limbo and the preseason draft). It will be interesting to see if St. Kilda approaches McCartin the same way.
St Kilda have nothing to do with it. He doesn't play for them any more.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
St Kilda have nothing to do with it. He doesn't play for them any more.
I thought they still had him under contract for his benefit (access to players services and insurance, if I remember) even though he wasn't playing. Well, Play on then.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
I thought they still had him under contract for his benefit (access to players services and insurance, if I remember) even though he wasn't playing. Well, Play on then.

They were helping him out, but did delist him.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The poll is now complete.

Welcome Mason WOOD as it is a dead cert that we will trade or sign him.:mad:

Swans  KPF 2020 Trade Period.jpg

Back