Will the Tim Kelly trade go down as one of the worst ever ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the reasons for his drop off is pretty clear here;
  • He cops more attention from taggers at West Coast. At Geelong he had Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett copping most of the attention.
  • West Coast's midfield doesn't bat as deep. Some mids thrive a sparse midfield while others thrive in a dense midfield full of support. Kelly is the latter.
  • More travel and hubbing. At Geelong he didn't have to travel interstate much. Now at West Coast, he has to travel every fortnight. Add hubbing on top of that, some players are gonna drop off.
So without covid, he likely still would've dropped off for the first two reasons, but there was probably always going to be a drop off playing for a interstate team.

OK, just like Yeo dropped off moving from Brisbane to Perth.

And Cripps, he never improved when he moved from Saint Kilda to Perth.

Josh Kennedy too, he totally fell off the perch when moving from Melbourne to play in Perth.

How about you stick to the bloody obvious. First season, new club, new team mates, new game plan then Covid. Massively restricted group training opportunities, difficult to gel when not training with your team mates. Then hubbing in QLD, back to Perth then back to the hub.

It is quite normal for a traded player to take a bit of time to hit top gear.

But that logic doesn't suit the nuff nuffs on here who are still crying about losing a gun player or the purple flogs who he totally rejected as a viable option for obvious reasons.

Carry on!

Some players just take a bit to adapt to a new team structure. Eagles play completely different to Geelong, it might just take time. I always think of Ottens in this situation; widely criticised by the media as not being worth the price to the point where Bomber Thompson had a go at everyone. Fast forward to him being one of their most important players during the 3-peat, and all that early stuff was just laughable. I also suspect he is just getting closer attention by the opposition at West Coast. Ultimately, a player shouldn't be judged on one season, especially the weird one we just had.

You keep telling yourself that mate, whatever makes you happy!

Looking forward to a straight sets exit? Again?

Go Pies.;):cool:
didnt think you could stick to the topic of the thread and would have to deviate to trolling s**t.
Enjoy the week off going into the Prelim.. oh wait.. you're out arent you. Too bad.
Well enjoy th WC life over there doing what ever it is you do.
Perhaps you make TK's place at home better for him - you know more comfortable so he can finalyl settle in after a year of being there.
And enjoy your Rd1 pick this year too.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you keep a straight face while typing that?
Speaking of junkies what are Cousins, Fletcher, Gardiner, Hunter, Kerr up to these days? Apart from losing the respect of their families and children I mean..
No need to point out your obsession with Fremantle buddy. Your posting history makes it clear enough.
Did you have anything to contribute to the thread? It’s about Tim Kelly. He plays for your team.
Didn’t Judd leave because you were a bunch of drug f**ked degenerates?

I understand supporting freo you have to continually lie to yourself

#obsession

No need to point out your obsession with Fremantle buddy. Your posting history makes it clear enough.
Did you have anything to contribute to the thread? It’s about Tim Kelly. He plays for your team.
He doesnt play for Wet Toast at all, He makes appearances...sometimes.

Depends what happens with Brander

He's no Des Headland either.
No, he's even lazier with less ability.

Never understood all the hype Kelly got at Geelong, one of the most overrated players I've ever seen and he's gone downhill at WC.

Still, early days plenty of time to turn it around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back