Will the vaccine passport actually be used

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I saw that yesterday as well. News flash: Opposition lawyers attempt to pick apart a case they've been paid to argue against.

I mean, obviously they'd pick on the weak points. But if one of those weak points is arguing against microchipping, I'm not sure they have to look all that hard to find weak points.

I mean, obviously they'd pick on the weak points. But if one of those weak points is arguing against microchipping, I'm not sure they have to look all that hard to find weak points.
Yeah, well I can't agree with the microchipping thing either. The point is that cases (and soon a much better case than this) are going to be popping up everywhere.

People are forced, that's what mandatory is. You're not forced to go to school, but you are. You're not forced to breathe, but you are. If people with power over you, your family, your children, house and food on the table (your employer) say you have to get vaccinated, it's using force plain and simple.
Mandating your employees inject themselves with substances with effect for the rest of their lives till they die, employed by your or not, is most certainly Orwellian.

What’s the alternative plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“Making things more challenging is the fact that 25 per cent of Israel's population is younger than 12, meaning only 68 per cent of its whole population is fully vaccinated — a threshold too low to achieve herd immunity."

Herd immunity is an absolute pipe dream.

Will not happen anywhere, literally impossible with these vaccines and virus.

In order to keep your vaccine passport in Israel you must have a third Pfizer booster within 6 months or you lose the freedoms of the “green pass”. And they are preparing themselves for a 4th shot as we speak.

They just keep moving the goal posts further away but people, understandably so, are so desperate to get back to “normal” they will comply with anything, not realising it’s going to become an endless cycle.

In order to keep your vaccine passport in Israel you must have a third Pfizer booster within 6 months or you lose the freedoms of the “green pass”. And they are preparing themselves for a 4th shot as we speak.

They just keep moving the goal posts further away but people, understandably so, are so desperate to get back to “normal” they will comply with anything, not realising it’s going to become an endless cycle.

I am uncertain on herd immunity, I don't know enough about it other than the principle.

What I am fairly certain about is there will not be a going back to 'normal' anytime soon, vaccine or not.

People are forced, that's what mandatory is. You're not forced to go to school, but you are. You're not forced to breathe, but you are. If people with power over you, your family, your children, house and food on the table (your employer) say you have to get vaccinated, it's using force plain and simple.
Mandating your employees inject themselves with substances with effect for the rest of their lives till they die, employed by your or not, is most certainly Orwellian.

We already have mandated injections. It started with the publicly well accepted Polio vaccines in the 1950's. We now have tetanus, Hep B amongst others.

Its only the Covid vaccines that have become so strangely politicised by the right/conservative side of politics. Never have we seen such a wilfully destructive antisocial campaign, based on promoting fear, attacking science & glorifying ignorance.

Quite frightening really.

Hird immunity was never a target of these 1st generation vaccines. It was ridiculous those politically motivated immunologists in jan/feb claiming it was Pfizer which we know efficacy falls to 55% 26 weeks after 2nd dose in the over 40’s.

We already have mandated injections. It started with the publicly well accepted Polio vaccines in the 1950's. We now have tetanus, Hep B amongst others.

Its only the Covid vaccines that have become so strangely politicised by the right/conservative side of politics. Never have we seen such a wilfully destructive antisocial campaign, based on promoting fear, attacking science & glorifying ignorance.

Followed up by the exact same wilful , destructive dangerous undermining of the vaccine program by the left. See Jesnette Young, Anna P. Etc. attacks on AZ. It’s extraordinary that anyone vaccinated, with the nutters on the left and right, oh hang no one in Queensland is.

Qld nutters in order:
Jeanette Young - I don’t want any one to have the Az under the age of 60. Good job Jeanette.
Ann P. - all children will die if you open up. We must vaccinate all toddlers with an as yet non existent vax before we’ll open up
George Christensen - vaxes are all too rushed. General nutter.
Clive Palmer - my god what a utter nutter
Pauline Hanson - person’s right to choose to catch Covid-19 and die rather than vax. Let’s hope you’re are first in line.

Left and right nutters who have done damage to the program I could go on like the labor candidate for Higgins, Michelle Ananda-Rajah on Q&A - I suggest you wait to get vaccinated until you can get the vax that she has money invested in, Pfizer. Albanese who refused to support Az until Bill Shorten stepped in-wilful damage to community perception of the vaccines and their uptake on both sides of politics.

Anti-vax has been a thing for a long time. There was just as big a wilfully destructive campaign against MMR for example. In fact, pretty much all the arguments against covid are basically just standard anti-vax talking points repackaged in a new form.

Perhaps it's more 'open' now with universal social media allowing people to go down rabbit holes and live in bubbles, but it's always been a thing.

Also disagree anti-vax is an exclusively 'right wing' phenomenon. I may be a few years out of date here, but for a long time the hot bed of Australian anti-vax was the NSW North Coast. Not too many right-wing, conservative Christian, Trump lovin' types in Nimbin or Byron Bay or Mullumbimby.....

Followed up by the exact same wilful , destructive dangerous undermining of the vaccine program by the left. See Jesnette Young, Anna P. Etc. attacks on AZ. It’s extraordinary that anyone vaccinated, with the nutters on the left and right, oh hang no one in Queensland is.

Qld nutters in order:
Jeanette Young - I don’t want any one to have the Az under the age of 60. Good job Jeanette.
Ann P. - all children will die if you open up. We must vaccinate all toddlers with an as yet non existent vax before we’ll open up
George Christensen - vaxes are all too rushed. General nutter.
Clive Palmer - my god what a utter nutter
Pauline Hanson - person’s right to choose to catch Covid-19 and die rather than vax. Let’s hope you’re are first in line.

Left and right nutters who have done damage to the program I could go on like the labor candidate for Higgins, Michelle Ananda-Rajah on Q&A - I suggest you wait to get vaccinated until you can get the vax that she has money invested in, Pfizer. Albanese who refused to support Az until Bill Shorten stepped in-wilful damage to community perception of the vaccines and their uptake on both sides of politics.

I accept your thoughts. Fear, ignorance or downright antiscience is not totally mutually exclusive to any 'group'.

You mention this then list Q'landers, of the 5, 3 are not 'left'. Clive is just downright dangerous. An idiot with money.

But really I'm looking as much at the Conservative media, as political organisations. Conservatives such as Religious practitioners who want conscientious objection for themselves!! WTF! How about the rights of their 'flock'. ?

The data on the US shows the paltry figures for GOP voters getting vaccinated. Thus the hospitals are full of them. They don't care that they fill the hospital putting the staff at huge risk, other sick people as well as blocking access of people with the usual things like strokes, fall, Heart attacks etc.

So I say the facts show where the bulk of people with the attitude of selfishness & ignorance resides

Anti-vax has been a thing for a long time. There was just as big a wilfully destructive campaign against MMR for example. In fact, pretty much all the arguments against covid are basically just standard anti-vax talking points repackaged in a new form.

Perhaps it's more 'open' now with universal social media allowing people to go down rabbit holes and live in bubbles, but it's always been a thing.

Also disagree anti-vax is an exclusively 'right wing' phenomenon. I may be a few years out of date here, but for a long time the hot bed of Australian anti-vax was the NSW North Coast. Not too many right-wing, conservative Christian, Trump lovin' types in Nimbin or Byron Bay or Mullumbimby.....

Seems the extremes of both sides have a lot in common with one-another, the old political spectrum horseshoe strikes again.

The data on the US shows the paltry figures for GOP voters getting vaccinated. Thus the hospitals are full of them. They don't care that they fill the hospital putting the staff at huge risk, other sick people as well as blocking access of people with the usual things like strokes, fall, Heart attacks etc.
Take those datasets and anecdotal stories of hospitals being full of covid patients with a massive grain of salt.

Seems like US hospitals have been a little less than truthful when it comes to classifying “hospitalisations due to covid”.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems the extremes of both sides have a lot in common with one-another, the old political spectrum horseshoe strikes again.
Pretty classic horseshoe theory.

The loony right use religious reasons, or the more extreme libertarian "meh freedoms!" arguments.

The loony left come at it from the extreme alt-med, New Age hippy-dippy, "rainbow crystals cure cancer!" angle.

Take those datasets and anecdotal stories of hospitals being full of covid patients with a massive grain of salt.

Seems like US hospitals have been a little less than truthful when it comes to classifying “hospitalisations due to covid”.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.
This is all part of the media and political disinformation. Reporting of these "numbers" has been conflated and misconstrued from the start. We should have never tested healthy individuals. Let's see how people are actually sick from this thing.

This is all part of the media and political disinformation. Reporting of these "numbers" has been conflated and misconstrued from the start. We should have never tested healthy individuals. Let's see how people are actually sick from this thing.
There is also a financial incentive for hospitals to make sure every single patient was tested for covid, whether they had symptoms or not.

The coronavirus relief legislation created a 20% premium, or add-on, for COVID-19 Medicare patients.

You're saying "this is all part of the media and political disinformation" like it's an orchestrated thing that with a single goal in mind.

I think that's naive.

The media sell papers (figuratively speaking). They will write about, and put a spin on whatever sells.

Some mainstream news outlets are spruiking one narrative, because their customers buy it. Other mainstream news outlets spruik another, for the same reason.

Then if course there's social media, which is as mainstream as the rest of it, and it also delivered almost solely on selling something.

The irony that anti-mainstream people don't see that what they're getting from social media is far worse than anything they'll get on Ch7 or in the paper.

At least with the 'mainstream' media everyone with half a clue knows it's purely about selling entertainment, masked as news.
But there's still plenty that think the s**t they're getting fed from vested interests on social media is pure.

As for government, they've always been about staying in power first.

Anyone who thinks 'their side' is different, is a fool.

So I disagree that the government and the media are in cahoots and working together. It's business as usual for governments and media all over the world.

You're saying "this is all part of the media and political disinformation" like it's an orchestrated thing that with a single goal in mind.

I think that's naive.

The media sell papers (figuratively speaking). They will write about, and put a spin on whatever sells.

Some mainstream news outlets are spruiking one narrative, because their customers buy it. Other mainstream news outlets spruik another, for the same reason.

Then if course there's social media, which is as mainstream as the rest of it, and it also delivered almost solely on selling something.

The irony that anti-mainstream people don't see that what they're getting from social media is far worse than anything they'll get on Ch7 or in the paper.

At least with the 'mainstream' media everyone with half a clue knows it's purely about selling entertainment, masked as news.
But there's still plenty that think the sh*t they're getting fed from vested interests on social media is pure.

As for government, they've always been about staying in power first.

Anyone who thinks 'their side' is different, is a fool.

So I disagree that the government and the media are in cahoots and working together. It's business as usual for governments and media all over the world.
Your response ignores crowd mechanics. There's a reason the bystander effect exists. I'm not suggesting that they all sit in a room and plan these things out - but a combination of the same interest (i.e to increase fear and therefore increase clicks, in the case of media, increase justifications to expand powers, in the case of governments, and increase social currency, in the case of individuals on social media) lead to a self-saucing pudding of fear and misinformation designed at one thing:

YOU ARE IN DANGER, WE ARE YOUR ONLY SAFE HARBOUR

YOU ARE IN DANGER, ONLY I CAN GUIDE YOU OUT

YOU ARE IN DANGER, AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT IT.

There is also a financial incentive for hospitals to make sure every single patient was tested for covid, whether they had symptoms or not.

The coronavirus relief legislation created a 20% premium, or add-on, for COVID-19 Medicare patients.
I would have thought the bigger incentive would have been so that an admitted patient with covid didnt end up on the chemo or resp ward, but that just me...

Yes but Medicare patients are less than 20% of the population in America

And hospitals in America are financially incentivised to take patients in any event.

It is America so there will be some funny stuff being done by hospitals I am sure, but I am skeptical it would make a significant difference when you are talking about millions of infections.

Wasn't that in relation to COVID patients that had recovered but we're still in hospital?

They weren't included in the stats of "COVID patients in hospital".

That's what they were discussing. Apparently.
Imagine being in the middle of a “deadly pandemic” but having a meeting about how to fake the numbers.

Imagine being in the middle of a “deadly pandemic” but having a meeting about how to fake the numbers.
Fake numbers? You are seeing what you want to see.
She is talking about people who had covid, who are no free of the virus, but remain in hospital. Sure they might be covid free but they may be on a med bed for rehab after covid.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back