Will they make it/or not thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Watching Box Hill getting belted by Coburg tigers raises a few question marks on a few of our Hawthorn listed players. For what it's worth here's my opinion on which players will or won't make it at AFL level.

Ollie Hanrahan. In the immortal words of Bert Newton - "I like the boy" Seems to have genuine speed and a touch of X factor. Very raw but seems to be a lot to work with. Yes

Kade Stewart. Love his endeavour and hardness at the ball but seems to be found wanting at AFL level. Honest battler but a resounding no

Teia Miles. Nice skills and good footy brain but seems to be too small for AFL. Never understood why the club resigned him for two years, just don't see it - no

Marc Pittonet rapid improvement this year but I'm worried about his poor marking skills which were flagged in his junior days. Love his aggression and prepared to give him more time to see what he has - yes

Connor Glass. Resounding - yes! Just get more games into him, upside is huge. Fast aggressive and great skills for an Irishmen could be anything

Dallas Willsmore. Great kick but that's where it ends. Just not AFL standard. Will be delisted this year

Conor Nash. Very very raw but have no idea TBH. Hope he dies great height and speed - jury out

Harry Morrison yes every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. just a natural footballer who needs more game time and food

James Cousins showed plenty both at afl and box hill prior to his shoulder injury. Really like what I see - big bodied mid with good skills - yes

Conor Nash. Very very raw but have no idea TBH. Hope he dies great height and speed - jury out

Bit harsh Noel :p

Agree re: Miles and Willsmore.

At worst we will have good depth and at best we have some solid best 22 contributors coming through.

Think Glass could be anything though. His skills and athleticism scream potential.

Watching Box Hill getting belted by Coburg tigers raises a few question marks on a few of our Hawthorn listed players. For what it's worth here's my opinion on which players will or won't make it at AFL level.

Ollie Hanrahan. In the immortal words of Bert Newton - "I like the boy" Seems to have genuine speed and a touch of X factor. Very raw but seems to be a lot to work with. Yes

Kade Stewart. Love his endeavour and hardness at the ball but seems to be found wanting at AFL level. Honest battler but a resounding no

Teia Miles. Nice skills and good footy brain but seems to be too small for AFL. Never understood why the club resigned him for two years, just don't see it - no

Marc Pittonet rapid improvement this year but I'm worried about his poor marking skills which were flagged in his junior days. Love his aggression and prepared to give him more time to see what he has - yes

Connor Glass. Resounding - yes! Just get more games into him, upside is huge. Fast aggressive and great skills for an Irishmen could be anything

Dallas Willsmore. Great kick but that's where it ends. Just not AFL standard. Will be delisted this year

Harry Morrison yes every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. just a natural footballer who needs more game time and food

James Cousins showed plenty both at afl and box hill prior to his shoulder injury. Really like what I see - big bodied mid with good skills - yes

Hmm.

Are you rating these players on this one game, or have you watched them consistently over the year?

Only Harry and Ollie before he got injured impressed me today. I have liked the look of those 2 and Cuz whenever i have watched Box Hill. Big Pitto and Glass are developing nicely also.

How exciting are these players to you, Noel? On a scale of 1 to Jordan Gysberts.

A bit of respect, please

Gysberts is one of the all time greats of the game.

Apparently...

Spot on apart from Pitto. Marking has improved but can't jump. A maybe at best.
Add JOR to the No column for me.
WhiteX just about done as well.

Spot on apart from Pitto. Marking has improved but can't jump. A maybe at best.
Add JOR to the No column for me.
WhiteX just about done as well.

Forgot about JOR yes for me IF he can hold his body together and have an injury free preseason. Kid can play, just needs to get his body right, not overly confident that he will, time will tell

seysearles post: 52492899 said:
I hate bad spelling/grammar. You forgot the full stop dude!

"Conor Nash. Very very raw but have no idea TBH. Hope he dies. Great height and speed - jury out"
My ex wife hated bad grammer also.
Too busy looking for faults and not the content. Thats my pet hate.
I do like your posts seysearles though.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I thought that this was one of those old threads that gets resuscitated during the off season when I read about us getting belted by the Coburg Tigers ;) (you were all too worried about Noel's Connor Nash death wish to notice).

I can see maybe Willsmore being de-listed but I think everyone else will stay.

Hanrahan: He did some amazing things, massive burst of speed away from stoppages and couldn't get caught. He's a solid future replacement for Breust I reckon. He butchered the ball going forward sometimes but that can be worked on.

Stewart: Jury still out, he can play like a jet one week and then look slow and get caught with the ball the next. He's not quick by foot or by brain, but he's shown enough to sign for another year.

Miles: Nope, has been the same since 2014 and just does not have the body for AFL. He's a smart little footballer, but he's not athletic enough or strong enough.

Pittonet: Very promising young ruck, he's great with his tap work and his second efforts are beast like. He can still have his off moments with his contested marking but he looked good in comparison to Hampson who was a first rounder and has been in the system for ages. Everything else is great, keep.

Glass: Has improved in leaps and bounds since he debuted, if he keeps up this development who knows what he could do. He has speed and good instincts, and is a great tackler. Keep.

Willsmore: Had his chances, will be a great servant for a VFL club for the next 10 years.

Morrison: Has shown plenty with his precision kicking, work ethic and intercept marking. Can get caught out with speed and strength, but his strength should improve and quality kicking can make up for his speed. Has passed Miles already.

Cousins: Hasn't shown anything to say he won't be a good player. Great work ethic and strong over the ball for a kid. Has passed Stewart already.

Well done to the opening poster, I called it ages ago that Miles and Willsmore would not be making it at AFL level, hopefully we see the back of Dallas this year and the back of Miles in 12 months.

Cuz and Harry. Would like to see how there best five games this year compares with other recent gun mids in their debut seasons. Makers.

Pitt has improved every season. He more than held his own V afl listed rucks this year. A maker

Ollie is fun to watch. Feed him, get him fit. Should make.

Mitch Lewis, best project tall I have seen at BHH. Nothing not to like.

The Irish aren't locks but look as good as could be reasonably expected.

On Harry Morrison. I sure hope he keeps the number 35. Always loved the freak and this kid looked amazing on debut. One of the better Debut games I can remember, in fact I am pretty sure I can't remember a better Hawk debut from a first year player. To me he looks like he play similar to X man. Hope he has better luck with the injuries.

On Harry Morrison. I sure hope he keeps the number 35. Always loved the freak and this kid looked amazing on debut. One of the better Debut games I can remember, in fact I am pretty sure I can't remember a better Hawk debut from a first year player. To me he looks like he play similar to X man. Hope he has better luck with the injuries.
Hodgey said to Clarko could Harry have #15, Clarko said it's not his decision to make

Hanrahan: Got a bit of x-factor about him. Is hard at at. Nothing too special just yet but could be a solid footballer from what we've seen.

Stewart: Probably will end up being in a similar boat as Miles. Shows something early but nothing comes of it and gets delisted in a couple years

Miles: Got decent skills but hasn't got much else going for him. Will be delisted soon enough

Pittonet: Thought he'd be getting more games sooner. Can play some good footy and has improved just about every year he's been on the list but not sure how he'll get the game time with Maccas & Ceglar. Will stay on the list for another year or 2 but if he cant get games I can see him getting traded to give him more opportunities.

Glass: Could be the next Birchall and from what we've seen will make it at the top level whether he'll be a star or just a solid player is yet to be seen.

Willsmore: Never really looked like anything special. Had a few chances. Will be delisted for sure

Morrison: Showed plenty in his debut game especially in the 1st half. Should come out as a decent footballer

Cousins: Hasnt done anything amazing. Hard at it, in and under type player. Got ok skills. Can't see him being anything special. Will be Shiels type quality at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back