Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate....that is literally what you do...every league will handle things differently...

Yep... Chile handled their null and void season by handing the league title to a team who hadn’t won the league title officially... like Liverpool supporters want to see happen in England.

Belgium handled their season being null and voided by handing the league title to a team who won the league title officially, which is unlike what happened in Chile (“amidoingitrite?” No, you’re not).

What is astounding is that Zidane will still argue tooth and nail that completing the league is a good thing despite everything going on.

Football means jack s**t right about now when you look at the amount of human lives which have been taken.

Step back and get a ******* grip.

This was a reply to WR, not me, outlining that following Chile was the only option. Amusingly, it was the same post in which you claimed that the UK wasn't part of Europe.

Amusingly nowhere in the post was it said that it was the only way and the UK discussion was politically not geographically.

Whereas you tried from the start to totally dismiss what happened in Chile as an option at all.

What is astounding is that Zidane will still argue tooth and nail that completing the league is a good thing despite everything going on.

Football means jack s**t right about now when you look at the amount of human lives which have been taken.

Step back and get a ******* grip.

What is astounding is that I've done nothing of the sort and all you care about at these times is posting tripe.

Get a grip, or do everyone a favour and take a break. *s sake.

Amusingly nowhere in the post was it said that it was the only way and the UK discussion was politically not geographically.

Whereas you tried from the start to totally dismiss what happened in Chile as an option at all.
You've changed your tune because you made an error which was highly amusing. BTW, the UK pretty much is part of the EU until the end of the transition period.

I didn't dismiss it as an option. I dismissed your use of what happened in Chile as some kind of be all end all precedent and the common sense option for what would happen in the UK. You continually dismissed other options saying that it was common sense to follow Chile's 'precedent' which was rubbish.

What is astounding is that I've done nothing of the sort and all you care about at these times is posting tripe.

Get a grip, or do everyone a favour and take a break. fu**s sake.
You've gone on and on for weeks saying why the season should go ahead - you even referenced the Chilean league - not once have you said it should perhaps be voided/cancelled etc. You've countered numerous people endlessly whenever they have had an opposing view to yours.

And for once, in a retort, try not to use the same line as people do on you as you always do.

If you honestly can sit down truthfully and tell yourself that finishing the season/finding a winner etc/a resolution is more important than the bigger picture, well, I don't know what to say.

Liverpool are deserved league winners, but if the season can't be completed, then you can't have a winner, or losers for that matter.

It's unfortunate, but the preservation of human life is much more important than any football league, game, player or league.

You've changed your tune because you made an error which was highly amusing. BTW, the UK pretty much is part of the EU until the end of the transition period.

I didn't dismiss it as an option. I dismissed your use of what happened in Chile as some kind of be all end all precedent and the common sense option for what would happen in the UK. You continually dismissed other options saying that it was common sense to follow Chile's 'precedent' which was rubbish.

Ha ha. All I ever said was that what happened in the Chilean league was the only precedent, which was true at the time.

No be all and end all ever said and the only person dismissing options was yourself just like your claim I said it was the only option which is also bs., You constsntly laughed at the result in Chile and implied it wasnt a possibility anywhere else.

Its higjly amusing seeing the backpedal though from yourself.

You've gone on and on for weeks saying why the season should go ahead - you even referenced the Chilean league - not once have you said it should perhaps be voided/cancelled etc. You've countered numerous people endlessly whenever they have had an opposing view to yours.

And for once, in a retort, try not to use the same line as people do on you as you always do.

If you honestly can sit down truthfully and tell yourself that finishing the season/finding a winner etc/a resolution is more important than the bigger picture, well, I don't know what to say.

Liverpool are deserved league winners, but if the season can't be completed, then you can't have a winner, or losers for that matter.

It's unfortunate, but the preservation of human life is much more important than any football league, game, player or league.

Get your facts straight buddy before making a retort. Ive said consistently that theres no set rule and it is going to be difficult for the PL / FA to work out.

You can have winners and losers without all the season being completed, that very same thing has happpened just in Belgium. Good on them for making a call on it and putting football to bed..

As Ive said many times how thats decided by the PL / FA is difficult and will result in some clubs being unhappy and some being happy but for me I think it would be good to make a call on it in the near future so everyone can forget about football until public health & safety can be guaranteed.

Ha ha. All I ever said was that what happened in the Chilean league was the only precedent, which was true at the time.

No be all and end all ever said and the only person dismissing options was yourself just like your claim I said it was the only option which is also bs., You constsntly laughed at the result in Chile and implied it wasnt a possibility anywhere else.

Its higjly amusing seeing the backpedal though from yourself.
I laughed at the idea that the premier league would use a decision made by Chile as precedent and that it was the common sense decision. The rest is in your head.

WR also brought up the precedent set by WW2 and there is precedent in other sports.

You come unstuck sometimes because you talk in absolutes quite a bit mate.

Get your facts straight buddy before making a retort. Ive said consistently that theres no set rule and it is going to be difficult for the PL / FA to work out.

You can have winners and losers without all the season being completed, that very same thing has happpened just in Belgium. Good on them for making a call on it and putting football to bed..

As Ive said many times how thats decided by the PL / FA is difficult and will result in some clubs being unhappy and some being happy but for me I think it would be good to make a call on it in the near future so everyone can forget about football until public health & safety can be guaranteed.
It can have winners* and losers*

EFA

Yep... Chile handled their null and void season by handing the league title to a team who hadn’t won the league title officially... like Liverpool supporters want to see happen in England.

Belgium handled their season being null and voided by handing the league title to a team who won the league title officially, which is unlike what happened in Chile (“amidoingitrite?” No, you’re not).

Bruges had not won the title officially, see the above league structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You posted this in reply to a post about UEFA suggesting leagues should be scrapped

But but but Chile

You posted in this in reply to post about non league seadons after they were declared void.

What have Chile done though?

The only person talkjng absolutes was yourself about the possibility of a result from a legue being finished early.

I do notice your Chile posts have ceased since the Belgian league discussions came out.

Why do people have an objection to completing the season, even it means shortening next season and or cancelling the crap League and FA Cups ?

Having a reduced Premier League season next year could actually make it more exciting?
Why bastardise next season just to finish this one?

If this one cannot be completed without affecting next season then call it all off

If this one cannot be completed without affecting next season then call it all off

Agreed! I’d be all for completing this season if there was a guarantee it would come back very soon and be finished by June (unlikely). But to finish this season with a start timeframe of October for example and finish inside 2 months, you’re effectively wiping out the entire 2020-2021 season.

The only decent solution I see to finishing the 2019-2020 season is if it was resumed at the start of May or if football is done for the next 6 months, you resume this season in January or February and you’re basically wiping out 2020-2021 anyway as the lockout dictates that anyway.

Yeah its a convoluted system. Promoted league b teams that win a place in Europe cant compete because they dont have a stadium that meets UEFA requirements.

Kompany will be able to elaborate further.

I’d be interested to hear more because it is an odd system. Of course I just assumed that it was an official title because of how league campaigns are done in the other leagues I watch. I was dead wrong.

Agreed! I’d be all for completing this season if there was a guarantee it would come back very soon and be finished by June (unlikely). But to finish this season with a start timeframe of October for example and finish inside 2 months, you’re effectively wiping out the entire 2020-2021 season.

The only decent solution I see to finishing the 2019-2020 season is if it was resumed at the start of May or if football is done for the next 6 months, you resume this season in January or February and you’re basically wiping out 2020-2021 anyway as the lockout dictates that anyway.

I’d be interested to hear more because it is an odd system. Of course I just assumed that it was an official title because of how league campaigns are done in the other leagues I watch. I was dead wrong.

I reckon its utterly bizarre as far as a professional European league setup goes. Top 6 group plays each other twice after their season points tally is halved ? What the hell is that?

Just on future seasons we have the 2022 WC in November. Maybe this is an opportunity to realign season 20/21 and 21/22 so they finish right before the WC starts. Couple of pundits have already mentioned this as a possibility IIRC and would make sense given the current grave situation we are in.

I just think the time has come to delete the whole season, expunge it and all results to the dustbin, barring the league cup which was completed and I see no reason to expunge that. It sucks on Liverpool fans like Fwoy and a few others but it’s the most sensible and pain free way ahead.

I just think the time has come to delete the whole season, expunge it and all results to the dustbin, barring the league cup which was completed and I see no reason to expunge that. It sucks on Liverpool fans like Fwoy and a few others but it’s the most sensible and pain free way ahead.

Yeah thats a possibility. To do that you must refund all the wages and operating costs spent this season and you would have to compensate the championship clubs chasing promotion 170m pounds plus whatever Europe is worth to the clubs that would miss out under that method. Youd then have to refund the entire TV rights package if the whole season was deleted.

Determining a result from the current standings makes more sense and exactly the reason that is happening right now in Belgium. Only 1/4 of the TV rights would need to be refunded if the season is resulted off current standings.

It's the fairest way that doesn't punish the likes of Liverpool, Leeds, WBA, Coventry etc

At the very least we can do away with the League and FA Cups for one season.

Far too much of the season has been played to declare it null and void..

Who gives a s**t if next season is bastardized ?
Fairness and common sense will prevail in the end.

It's the fairest way that doesn't punish the likes of Liverpool, Leeds, WBA, Coventry etc

At the very least we can do away with the League and FA Cups for one season.

Far too much of the season has been played to declare it null and void..

Who gives a s**t if next season is bastardized ?
Fairness and common sense will prevail in the end.
League cup fair enough. FA Cup can provide a lot of money for smaller clubs who will already be struggling to survive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back