Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

We would have to loan him back to Ajax if they want him to play out the season.

Fair chance Willian will be helping Spurs/Arsenal chase a Europa spot after 30th of June too if the season starts up again.
Wont be us sonny boy. Free agents are meant to be tap ins but we just laid off our scouts :$

Pre contract is the exact same scenario. Signing of a contract and registering of players are two different things. Absolutely nothing stopping a player out of contract signing a new contract before they are registered to play with the club.
If you've signed a pre contract you can't play for your current club or future club.

That's a restraint if trade.

If you've signed a pre contract you can't play for your current club or future club.

That's a restraint if trade.

Exactly. You cant play until the next season starts.

Just as it would have been before all this happened when a player signs a pre contract. Theres no restraint of trade at all.

Exactly. You cant play until the next season starts.

Just as it would have been before all this happened when a player signs a pre contract. Theres no restraint of trade at all.
Don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or not but whatever.

We would have to loan him back to Ajax if they want him to play out the season.

Fair chance Willian will be helping Spurs/Arsenal chase a Europa spot after 30th of June too if the season starts up again.

Willian wont be playing for anyone but Chelsea as far as the current season is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, registrations for this season closed on 31 January. It is absolute that Willian will not play for another club in season 19/20.
No its your opinion, no one knows how this is going to finish up.

I think it's right that William won't play for anyone but Chelsea if the season is extended.

It's situations like this that mean extending the season is unworkable.

William isn't signed anywhere else so could extend his contract with Chelsea. But players that have already signed elsewhere are locked out of football until the current season ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No its your opinion, no one knows how this is going to finish up.
You mean the FFP, human rights, refereeing and football contract expert may not be right.
Nah not having that.

The season cannot be completed. Pool fans should do the right thing and surrender the title. There are more important things in life than your title. Putting lives at risk is a disgrace! The only fair thing would be to consider the season null and void.

Who wins the title shouldn't be a factor in playing or ending the season, no matter which way you want it to go.

To many people have formed a hardened opinion on what should happen to football based only on how it will affect their club.

I want the season to end, and I'd happily see the title handed over to Liverpool today if it would shut up their supporters and friends in the media from insisting the show must go on.

Nope, its a fact that registrations for this seasons competitions closed on 31st January 2020.
The rules also say that the season can't be played beyond June.

I think you are probably right on this one, but you can't insist one rule applies, but all others are subject to negotiation because of the circumstances.

I think it's right that William won't play for anyone but Chelsea if the season is extended.

It's situations like this that mean extending the season is unworkable.

William isn't signed anywhere else so could extend his contract with Chelsea. But players that have already signed elsewhere are locked out of football until the current season ends.

The only realistic way it can work is if FIFA funds a 30 day contract extension for all players going out of contract on 1 July (or to when they decide the revised window will open).

Any other way wont work IMO.

The only realistic way it can work is if FIFA funds a 30 day contract extension for all players going out of contract on 1 July (or to when they decide the revised window will open).

Any other way wont work IMO.
You can't extend a contract if you're already contracted to another club.

The FA seem to be hell bent on completing it. It is probably to do with money (which means * all right now), but if Liverpool weren’t in the next hemisphere do you think it would be the same?

As an Everton fan I literally couldn’t care less if they get it or not, they do deserve it but in the grand scheme of things it’s pretty irrelevant what happens.

I doubt many clubs at all will quibble about waiting another 30 days to sign a player that couldnt play for them in that time anyway. Theyre still getting their player for season 20/21.
But the might quibble about paying another 30 days pay for an unwanted out of contract player?

And players might quibble about foregoing big payrises they got when they negotiated their new deals.

Stuff like extending contracts is all nice in theory but it's rarely as simple as we would like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back