Game Day Will Tigers and Eagles get to play twice in 2020?

Will Tigers and Eagles get to play twice in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The fans deserve it, no other teams in 2020 will come close to matching these two for blockbusters. in forms teams playing on each other’s dung heaps should be a no brainer.

Do you ever play in Perth twice in a season, both Freo & the Eagles, doesnt the FIXture mean you only travel to a city once each season.

Don't agree they'l be the only block busters, From a Eagles POV WC v Geelong will be absolutely huge as will games v the Pies. also want to trounce the Hawks (respect, but want to smash them on the park)
I’m talking AFL point of view, the footy world demands it. All we will hear about prior to feeling game is Tim Kelly ad nauseum. I forecast there will be no bigger games next year.

Do you ever play in Perth twice in a season, both Freo & the Eagles, doesnt the FIXture mean you only travel to a city once each season.

We have three times in the past decade-- 2009, 2013 & 2016.

Don't agree they'l be the only block busters, From a Eagles POV WC v Geelong will be absolutely huge as will games v the Pies. also want to trounce the Hawks (respect, but want to smash them on the park)
Biggest AFL home and away crowd at Optus, apart from one Derby is WCE v Rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of the significance of WC v Richmond next year

We were losing semi-finalists. Didn't even play the tigers in the finals.

Didn't have a player swap nor have a traditional rivalry.

I'm sure we will double up against Geelong with a likely Rd 2 matchup at alphabet stadium

Not sure of the significance of WC v Richmond next year

We were losing semi-finalists. Didn't even play the tigers in the finals.

Didn't have a player swap nor have a traditional rivalry.

I'm sure we will double up against Geelong with a likely Rd 2 matchup at alphabet stadium

Richmond will play West Coast in Perth next year, it's been one for one for long time now and I doubt the AFL will change it because both teams are near the top.

It will be unlikely that Richmond come to Perth to play Fremantle as well next year as we played here in 2019. The last time Richmond played both WA teams in Perth was 2016

Richmond's interstate games in 2020 will most likely be:

Brisbane (played them at the G in 2019, so return bout at the GABBA)
West Coast (same as above game to be played at Optus)
Sydney (Haven't played the Swans at the SCG for a while)
Port Adelaide (we always tend to play both SA teams in Adelaide)
Adelaide (as above)

Richmond will also play 3 games at Marvel stadium :

Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne
St Kilda

Richmond double up games will most likely be:

Collingwood
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Essendon

Richmond will get 11 home games at the G and 3 away games (Melbourne, Collingwood & Essendon) at the G (14 games), 5 interstate matches and 3 games at Marvel = 22 games.

Last edited:
lol tigers wont travel to perth... they are the most favoured team in the comp. Their last two premierships have no integrity
St Kilda......LOL. What you know about tegrity?

Don't forget to bring a towel.......

Last edited:
OP was effectively suggesting the AFL hand Richmond a more difficult draw.

You turn it into a whinge about Richmond not travelling enough (even though they travel just as much as any Victorian club).

For the record there are all sorts of peculiarities with the fixture. Richmond generally only plays North and the Bulldogs one per year. Richmond's match against Port this year was the first time that has happened since the early 2000's!

Back