Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers?

RedVest4

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #1
Been thinking about this one...

I can’t see him fitting into the team, nor can I see them continue to work as a cohesive unit.

One reason is the way they play, they only require one tall forward (Riewoldt), the rest of the forwards are simply role players who are there to apply pressure, run and tackle. Two forwards will hurt that somewhat.

His contract is enormous and it has already meant some players have left the club, thus hurting their depth somewhat which could hurt them if they actually have some injuries, even though they haven’t had a significant injury for two years.

Riewoldt has also taken a pay cut due to Lynch coming to the club, the kind of player and the kind of personality he has makes me think they won’t get along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast

I can’t see him fitting into the team, nor can I see them continue to work as a cohesive unit.

One reason is the way they play, they only require one tall forward (Riewoldt), the rest of the forwards are simply role players who are there to apply pressure, run and tackle. Two forwards will hurt that somewhat.

His contract is enormous and it has already meant some players have left the club, thus hurting their depth somewhat which could hurt them if they actually have some injuries, even though they haven’t had a significant injury for two years.

Riewoldt has also taken a pay cut due to Lynch coming to the club, the kind of player and the kind of personality he has makes me think they won’t get along.
I reckon they'll find a way.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tiger_Of_Old

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond

You realise Lynch was invited too Jack's wedding?

Craze

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers

You're a thinker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
AFL Club
Collingwood

Jack didn't take a pay cut, well his current contract isn't as big as his last but that's because he's getting on in years now.

As for the question, IMO Jack is possibly more suited at true CHF, if they send Jack further up the ground the combo should work fine.

Madtiger2006

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Well considering we used Townsend or Caddy in Lynch’s spot most of the time then obviously we won’t lose pace but will gain height. With 4 of Rioli, Butler, Bolton, Costagna, Baker, Edwards running around Reiwoldt and Lynch’s feet then obviously we’ll be better

Tiger Toffee

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton

******* LOL

Tiger2709

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Only on bigfooty could it be a negative to recruit an All Australian key forward for less than market price and only lose Reece Conca and some VFL players who played 15 games between them.
Redvest is just having his regular fishing trip, no point trying to make sense of it, his Tiger obsession grows as does his desperation for a flog of the year award.

Tiger2709

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Ive awarded you my sympathy like of the day, when you sober up you'll thank me.

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Reiwoldt has already proven that he's great at pushing up the ground, being a link man, and finding leading options. He's got a good tank, is a great mark and is a great kick.

Lynch can play deep with that crumbers at his feet.

Or they could switch around and have Lynch be a target up the ground with Reiwoldt leading from the square.

IMO Caddy is the player that will likely suffer a role change. But if they can't get this to work then that is entirely on the coaches.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon

No.

WC play two genuine gun KPF.

Lynch and Reiwoldt are a better combo. Jack can play the unselfish game, but both have different roles regardless.

Lynch as CHF, Reiwoldt his old role as FF. Will work well. Tigers are the strongest list going in to 2019.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
Reiwoldt has already proven that he's great at pushing up the ground, being a link man, and finding leading options. He's got a good tank, is a great mark and is a great kick.

Lynch can play deep with that crumbers at his feet.

Or they could switch around and have Lynch be a target up the ground with Reiwoldt leading from the square.

IMO Caddy is the player that will likely suffer a role change. But if they can't get this to work then that is entirely on the coaches.
I actually think the reverse is more likely.

Reiwoldt deep, as his best work is done body on body.

Lynch is a gun leading forward, who can win a fair bit of the ball or take great marks on the flanks/wing.

Top Bottom