Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers?

AFL Club
Richmond
I agree. We played very '2018 Collingwobble-esque'. I think to follow the Pies model properly is to blame the injures completely and not focus on the real issues. Then if we lose the GF we can still be brave...so brave...

This is the worst Lynch will play all season when he, and the rest of our team, get used to playing together. Yes we didn't have our best four backmen, and our best two forwards and were a player down from half way through the first quarter but the reality is is that we are off in many areas at the moment.

But yes...brave :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Brave. So brave today. But they have injuries. So brave.
Not sure what this has to do with Lynch bud, but I’ve been impressed with him so far. Probably could have clunked a few more marks but that will come and 10 goals in three games has been a decent return.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Lynch was excellent tonight, again.

The Tigers will be a contender again this year. They're an excellent team who are battling injuries and fitness at the moment. It seems like Dimma has smashed them on the track this summer, which is why they are looking a little spent at the moment, but they'll build well throughout the year and I'd be shocked if they aren't Top 3 again this year.

Lynch has made them a better team who will be hard to stop in September :thumbsu:

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch was excellent tonight, again.

The Tigers will be a contender again this year. They're an excellent team who are battling injuries and fitness at the moment. It seems like Dimma has smashed them on the track this summer, which is why they are looking a little spent at the moment, but they'll build well throughout the year and I'd be shocked if they aren't Top 3 again this year.

Lynch has made them a better team who will be hard to stop in September :thumbsu:
Doubt we’ll be making top 4, lose as expected next week and it’s a long way back from 1-3. Lynch however has been great and we’d be in worse trouble if he wasn’t there.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
No....two big injuries to Riewoldt and Rance have ruined the Tigers.

Lynch has been very good. He is exactly what the Tigers needed with Riewoldt getting on, and Riewoldt is a little undersized too.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Doubt we’ll be making top 4, lose as expected next week and it’s a long way back from 1-3. Lynch however has been great and we’d be in worse trouble if he wasn’t there.
Sydney came from 0-6 and nearly made the Top 4. I honestly don't think you guys realise how good your side is :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Is warming into our style of play and gaining confidence after a huge lay off after his PCL. He'll only get better from here.

The biggest problem for him though is that the teams he is playing in now has their top 4 backmen out (Rance, Grimes, Houli & Short), top two midfielders (Dusty & Cotchin) plus another quality midfielder/backup ruck (Grigg), Best Forward (Riewoldt) and 2nd best forward from the last two years (Caddy). Its like he's playing with our VFL side atm!

AFL Club
Richmond
He’s going well but my thread is not about his ability, it is about his impact on the team.

His enormous contract has really hurt the depth at Richmond which is showing now as they have injuries for the first time in 2 years.
Lynch is playing very well. His 'impact on the team' has kept the tigers season alive somewhat

Richmond were always going to stuffed if Rance/Jack/Cotchin/Martin/Grimes have injuries or suspension. I doubt Miles, Conca, Corey Ellis, STengle and Llyod were going to help much.

I think your thread is widly off the mark. He is only on about 650k this season, and the next too also. this "enormous contract" has not "really hurt the depth"

Last edited:

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
He’s going well but my thread is not about his ability, it is about his impact on the team.

His enormous contract has really hurt the depth at Richmond which is showing now as they have injuries for the first time in 2 years.
Clutching at straws now. Of all the departures, who do you reckon would slot in at full back right now?

MC Extra Dollop

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Sydney came from 0-6 and nearly made the Top 4. I honestly don't think you guys realise how good your side is :thumbsu:
I think Richmond's problem is that even at full strength, they're seriously suspect away from the MCG and now that aura of invincibility at home is gone too. Richmond wouldn't have that unshakeable confidence now that they can win at the MCG, no matter what the situation is and just as importantly, opposition teams will have more belief that they can win a game there against the Tigers.

Richmond wouldn't want to drop many more early games, they'll have to pick up a few big wins on the road and if they drop another game or two at the MCG, on current form, that would just about make a home elimination final their H&A ceiling.

Of course, none of this is Lynch's fault, although I'll admit, I was wondering if Gold Coast was a prime Ewing Theory candidate. "Whatever will the Suns do without all those leaders who carried them (to about four wins every year)?" Not an improvement to finals contention, but maybe like a 7-9 win season, almost as good as they've ever done.

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Wouldn’t be surprised is they need to shed a few at the end of the year.

Ellis is reportedly being offered a decent contract at North we can’t match.

Out of contract premiership players Butler, Castagna and Townsend may also get squeezed out.

Grrr

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone who thought lynch would be a bad recruit clearly knows nothing about football, hes a star. Problem for the Tigers was getting rid of some of the depth players to fit him in. I would think miles, Lloyd, conca and Ellis would be handy right now!
They are exactly the opposite of what we need right now. We introduced a young gun in Stack who was our best player at half time by some way. Shai Bolton was BOG in the VFL, who beat a good side in Geelong. Ross an 18 year old is averaging over 30 possessions a match and is next in line. A young ruck/forward in Coleman Jones was best on in the Richmond website. Young Naish was excellent. These are the players along with Balta and a few others that will take Richmond forward, even if it at a short term loss.
Of course we have some fairly substantial injuries, lost Short, Cotchin during the game, and probably Martin next week. And we have some real passengers at the moment who will be replaced by good young kids in the coming weeks.
I don't think we will make the top 4 this year as I think there will be a fair bit of chopping and changing to see who will take us forward. I'd be happy just to make the 8, because that is how close the comp is these days.

darcytiger

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing how in the space of one preseason Conca, Miles, Lloyd and Ellis(has claims on worst player in the AFL) have become the most important players on our list all of a sudden.

We’ll have Miles at full back to replace the 5x consecutive AA player and we’ll have Lloyd at Full forward to replace the 3x Coleman medallist.

These guys would have moved on if Lynch didn’t come anyway. They weren’t getting games, no one wants to run around in the VFL when they could be playing in the big leagues

Top Bottom