Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers?

telsor

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Habs
He is kicking goals, that's the main thing, but what he does without the ball is woeful, each week nearly all his 5-10 disposals are shots at goal.

Need more from a big guy like that.

Firstly, he's not fully match fit, so as that improves, so should his numbers.

But having said that, if he gets 5 touches a game (actually averages ~9 so far) and scores 4.1 from them (as he does) all year, that'll do me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
He is kicking goals, that's the main thing, but what he does without the ball is woeful, each week nearly all his 5-10 disposals are shots at goal.

A player who averages 5-10 shots at goal per game would be one of the greatest forwards in the history of the game. The most ever is Peter Hudson with 8.2.

Black Saab

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond

You mean instead of kicking 6.2 he should rack up 37 disposals at a piddling 230 meters gained like Tom Rockcliffe? That what you mean?

AFL Club
Richmond
I’d take his performance as it is, but he will get better, he doesn’t need to run up the field, lay 10 tackles etc......he just need to kick goals and offer a contest up forward which he did magnificently. he has exceeded my expectations.
will will be kicking bags of goals but he will also start running like Nick Reiwoldt and getting 25+ touches when he is fit

Lynch averaged 3+ goals, 15+ touches per game... couple years back

Vassp

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
will will be kicking bags of goals but he will also start running like Nick Reiwoldt and getting 25+ touches when he is fit

Lynch averaged 3+ goals, 15+ touches per game... couple years back
You know what, he doesn’t need to do run all over the ground like nick, he just needs to conserve his energy into kicking goals for us and contesting for marks, the game is much faster now and we need his lighthouse up forward where it belongs. I would not have him run back past centre half forward if l was coaching. We have jack for that who is more mobile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
You know what, he doesn’t need to do run all over the ground like nick, he just needs to conserve his energy into kicking goals for us and contesting for marks, the game is much faster now and we need his lighthouse up forward where it belongs. I would not have him run back past centre half forward if l was coaching. We have jack for that who is more mobile.
When he gets fit, he has the capabilities of being a true CHF if he wants to; great option to have a PLugger like FF or a CHF running machine

wouldnt surprise me if hes seen as the AFLS MVP sooner rather than later - you can see why Hawthorn were prepared to break their self imposed million dollar cap to try and land him

AFL Club
Richmond
Odds of a rubbish thread like this getting bumped at some point are shorter than a Winx win.

OP is a Bay13 poster but this was some of his finer work.
When the Dank moulded invincible Geelong, had their 10 year winning run against Richmond ended in that historical QF in 2017. The sad little red vested one has since invested his whole sad existence into hating/trolling of Richmond. I know its very fashionable to bag everything Richmond lately. So in isolation, it could be viewed as just another. But he's the real deal. Clinically obsessed.

Sure, as footy fans, we all get a bit riled up during the season. Its just that there seems to be quite a few Geelong supporters who have been put out by Richmonds run. A very very insecure supporter base.

The Goon

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
When the Dank moulded invincible Geelong, had their 10 year winning run against Richmond ended in that historical QF in 2017. The sad little red vested one has since invested his whole sad existence into hating/trolling of Richmond. I know its very fashionable to bag everything Richmond lately. So in isolation, it could be viewed as just another. But he's the real deal. Clinically obsessed.

Sure, as footy fans, we all get a bit riled up during the season. Its just that there seems to be quite a few Geelong supporters who have been put out by Richmonds run. A very very insecure supporter base.
Vesty's a troll, and can be a funny one too. He's not obsessed, but in this instance he's just going for low hanging fruit, and Tiger fans have been easy to rile up over the last 2 years.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers
That lack of depth seemed pretty good today.
We have unearthed a couple of young players in Stack, Ross, Balta and Baker. All look like they will have a career.
Our VFL side has been top four for the past 2 years. The no depth theory is funny
Make that 2 couples then

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cavs, Browns, Man City
Firstly, he's not fully match fit, so as that improves, so should his numbers.

But having said that, if he gets 5 touches a game (actually averages ~9 so far) and scores 4.1 from them (as he does) all year, that'll do me.
Roughly when will he be fully match fit?

telsor

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Habs
Roughly when will he be fully match fit?

No idea, but after missing most of a year with a knee, having 'limited' pre season and only just making it for round 1, it is probably a gradual sort of process that will take a while. If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around the bye.

CholEstrol

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg Manchester United
You’re all missing the point. Have another read of the OP.

If Jack was still fit it wouldn’t be working... Blessing in disguise he went down.

Wait till he is back and you’ll see what I mean.
Is a fair point and being discussed on the Richmond board.
As brilliant as Jacks been it looks like time to hand over the keys and play as a utility now. Which could still be second big forward depending on the requirements on game day. Not a fan of rucking Jack though.

Ancient Tiger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
You’re all missing the point. Have another read of the OP.

If Jack was still fit it wouldn’t be working... Blessing in disguise he went down.

Wait till he is back and you’ll see what I mean.
The trouble is we haven’t ever seen them play together with both being 100% fit. When and if that happens I can’t imagine having two champions in your forward half would make you worse.

Top Bottom