Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers?

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone who thought lynch would be a bad recruit clearly knows nothing about football, hes a star. Problem for the Tigers was getting rid of some of the depth players to fit him in. I would think miles, Lloyd, conca and Ellis would be handy right now!
Actually if we still had miles, Lloyd and Conca they would have played instead of stack, Ross and Bolton. I’d rather have our kids with much more upside than those depth players we let go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger2709

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Actually if we still had miles, Lloyd and Conca they would have played instead of stack, Ross and Bolton. I’d rather have our kids with much more upside than those depth players we let go.
Yeah the new kids are a step up in depth not to mention our reserves are undefeated in their 2 games as well.

I liked Miles and Lloyd but they were never going to be regular top 22 for us, some of these new kids may well be.

megatiger

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Blessings in disguise and those players are enjoying being best 22 at there new clubs, win win win situation

AFL Club
Richmond
Is a fair point and being discussed on the Richmond board.
As brilliant as Jacks been it looks like time to hand over the keys and play as a utility now. Which could still be second big forward depending on the requirements on game day. Not a fan of rucking Jack though.
Lynch seems to operate well with Balta, Nankervis, Caddy around his space at times

Jack and Lynch could well form a functioning parternership

AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch seems to operate well with Balta, Nankervis, Caddy around his space at times

Agree and I think their styles of forward play should be complementary. Lynch prefers to play like an old-fashioned full forward. Jack used to do that, but now likes roaming up and down the ground using his footy smarts and aerobic capacity to advantage - not to mention his field-kicking, which has always been elite. So Jack is more like an old-fashioned chf. It's a possibility that they could get in each others' way, or take some time to adjust, but on balance I think it more likely that they'll complement each other.

CholEstrol

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg Manchester United

Yes when necessary. But what I saw Saturday night was that the 2017 - 18 game plan is not dead. Just needs some adjustments.
There will be times when the Lynch Jack combo is required, but there'll also be times when Lynch needs to be the only tall and Jack is doing his work up the ground. Is a nice problem to have.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
You’re all missing the point. Have another read of the OP.

If Jack was still fit it wouldn’t be working... Blessing in disguise he went down.

Wait till he is back and you’ll see what I mean.
It can definitely work, as long as they both dont park themselves inside 50 and constantly fly for the same marks or get in each others space.

Jack likes to get up the ground these days so if he plays that role he now has someone to kick high and long to. The occasional switch and rotation if it's not working with Jack to FF and the combination has some potential to cause real headaches.

How many teams have two gun defenders where the second defender isnt outmatched against Riewoldt or Lynch? Not too many I'd have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtic FC, New Orleans Pelicans
He is kicking goals, that's the main thing, but what he does without the ball is woeful, each week nearly all his 5-10 disposals are shots at goal.

Need more from a big guy like that.
This is one of the all time worst posts I have seen on this forum

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They got Wingard, Scrimshaw and Scully though. As well as O'meara last year. Probably couldn't have gotten all of them + Lynch + kept other players.
Yeah - partly joking. Happy with our recruits but there is a reason Lynch was so sought after. Players like him don’t grow on trees

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Yeah - partly joking. Happy with our recruits but there is a reason Lynch was so sought after. Players like him don’t grow on trees
I agree KPF is probably an area where Hawks need to address now that Roughy is probably at the end of his career this year? Gunston is a quality player and while he's 193 cm he's more of a crafty lead up forward rather than your pack splitting-pack marking down the line target like a Roughead was.

I'm sure the Hawks will have some sort of plan though in the off-season of how they are going to address this, Clarkson usually does and is very rarely caught out of position.

AFL Club
Richmond
Yer im really pissed off he is kicking 4 goals a week but only getting 10 touches!!!!
WTF was Balmey thinking!!!
:p
"Autumn-time, and Tom Lynch he is leaping
In the air, right in front of the sticks
But he's no good, all the pundits are saying
Because goals are the only thing he kicks." (Sung to the tune of Summertime from Porgy and Bess)

Top Bottom