Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rovers | Napoli | Victory
Ah, so injuries aren't a problem when you're winning? Gotcha.
Can you honestly expect that form to be continued every match, over a course of a full season? You are deluded if you think young players can continuously keep playing to that form throughout the season.

Lockyer24

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
I'm still of the belief they didn't need him, with the way Riewoldt was playing when fit.

They needed an injection of talent in the midfield.

Tom isn't the cause of their problems though this season. Their competitive advantage has just been eroded.

Eternal Schism

Debutant
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Souths, Red Wings, Lions
This incredibly intense hatred and rivallry between Geelong and Richmond supporters has surpassed the Hawks & Cats ****fights this year. Hopefully we can see both squads play off a few times next year fully fit.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Our young players are, so yes. More excuses.
I think the word excuse has lost all meaning on this site. What's the difference between an excuse and one of many factors in a loss?

Sides lose in any given week because of various contributing factors and reasons. Apparently mentioning any of them are now listed as "making excuses". What exactly is being excused?

kozi

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dubs, United
This incredibly intense hatred and rivallry between Geelong and Richmond supporters has surpassed the Hawks & Cats ****fights this year. Hopefully we can see both squads play off a few times next year fully fit.
Living rent free inside their heads since the 2017 QF.

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
I think the word excuse has lost all meaning on this site. What's the difference between an excuse and one of many factors in a loss?

Sides lose in any given week because of various contributing factors and reasons. Apparently mentioning any of them are now listed as "making excuses". What exactly is being excused?
The terrible disposal efficiency and complete lack of fight after quarter time. The fact that you played like a bottom eight side and it had nothing to do with injuries. The fact that Geelong were just a far superior side.

That's why you guys have been claiming we played a VFL side and that you have massive injuries. Of course, it is all rubbish - your entire team is just playing badly.

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Our young players are, so yes. More excuses.
Your young players are surrounded by more experienced bodies, Geelong has had the least amount of injuries all season. I'm not using excuses, purely using common sense, something you well and truly lack.

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Your young players are surrounded by more experienced bodies, Geelong has had the least amount of injuries all season. I'm not using excuses, purely using common sense, something you well and truly lack.
What are you talking about? You had two Brownlow medalists on the park on Friday. You won a flag not even two years ago.

Really? You want to play that card?

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Another fact, the tigers have only 5 players who have played every match so far this season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
What are you talking about? You had two Brownlow medalists on the park on Friday. You won a flag not even two years ago.

and what exactly did we have in defence to negate, Hawkins??

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
and what exactly did we have in defence to negate, Hawkins??
Hawkins didn't beat you by 11 goals and Rance wouldn't have negated him. Your defence was stretched regardless of whether he played because your midfield (which is full strength) was uncompetitive.

Your game plan fell apart after quarter time and it rests on the leaders of your club and their poor games for that.

Nothing to do with injuries. Everything to do with your fit players playing poorly.

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hawkins didn't beat you by 11 goals and Rance wouldn't have negated him. Your defence was stretched regardless of whether he played because your midfield (which is full strength) was uncompetitive.

Your game plan fell apart after quarter time and it rests on the leaders of your club and their poor games for that.

Nothing to do with injuries. Everything to do with your fit players playing poorly.
They did play poorly after quarter time, i'm not even arguing about that game, you are the fool trying to tell me we have no depth, and no a-graders coming through.

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
They did play poorly after quarter time, i'm not even arguing about that game, you are the fool trying to tell me we have no depth, and no a-graders coming through.
Where were they? Didn't see them stop Miers, or Sav, or Clark, or O'Connor, or Atkins, or Henry, or Parfitt.

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Where were they? Didn't see them stop Miers, orbSav, or Clark, or O'Connor, or Atkins, or Henry, or Parfitt.
Just because players didn't stand up in that match doesn't mean they are not going to be good players. Those guys mentioned above from your team are not going to be A-graders

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Just because players didn't stand up in that match doesn't mean they are not going to be good players. Those guys mentioned above from your team are not going to be A-graders
Those guys have already shown more this year than any of yours, so that comment doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, your youth problem is just a subset of your larger list management problem. Signing a one million dollar a year forward instead of a ruck for example. Your list just isn't that good.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The terrible disposal efficiency and complete lack of fight after quarter time. The fact that you played like a bottom eight side and it had nothing to do with injuries. The fact that Geelong were just a far superior side.

That's why you guys have been claiming we played a VFL side and that you have massive injuries. Of course, it is all rubbish - your entire team is just playing badly.
So multiple factors I'd say.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Those guys have already shown more this year than any of yours, so that comment doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, your youth problem is just a subset of your larger list management problem. Signing a one million dollar a year forward instead of a ruck for example. Your list just isn't that good.
Youth problem? That's new, all of Stack, Balta, Ross, Baker, Naish, etc. have looked promising. I'd say the youth brought in this year has been great.

List management problem? The side won the flag in 17 and went 19-5 in 2018. Currently in the 8 even after being nowhere near our best form. We have been as bad as we could be, yet sit 7th.That doesn't scream list management problem to me.

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

I think we have different perceptions of what an A-grader is...

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

Yes, our midfield is nearly full strength which is why our clearance and inside 50 differential on Friday was comparable to all year last year.

Meanwhile, half our starting backline and probably most important player sat on the sidelines.

Cats are good, were good on Friday night, are the clear best team in the league. Don’t act like even a 90% Richmond makes Friday night a whole different proposition though.

Ricketz

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes, our midfield is nearly full strength which is why our clearance and inside 50 differential on Friday was comparable to all year last year.

Meanwhile, half our starting backline and probably most important player sat on the sidelines.

Cats are good, were good on Friday night, are the clear best team in the league. Don’t act like even a 90% Richmond makes Friday night a whole different proposition though.
Your backline had nothing to do with your abysmal score. Your backline was the only area that had a crack for four quarters.

Stop trying to deflect from a **** midfield performance. A full strength Richmond makes two goals difference and you still get flogged. That is the simple truth.

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Your backline had nothing to do with your abysmal score. Your backline was the only area that had a crack for four quarters.

Stop trying to deflect from a **** midfield performance. A full strength Richmond makes two goals difference and you still get flogged. That is the simple truth.
If that was a **** midfield performance, then our midfield served up nothing but **** last year.
I don’t know how you can come to that conclusion, but I also don’t know how you can come to the conclusion that adding Rance, Astbury, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Lambert, Short to our team makes no more than a two goal difference so it’s a bit of a running theme with you.

Top Bottom