Roast Will we ever win a game in this stupid red alternative guernsey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's stop making excuses. The jumper has little if anything to do with it, apart from sentimentality and aesthetics among our supporters.

Statistically we will lose more than we win when we wear red because we're playing away.

Also we've lost about 2/3 of games the last three years (before this one) so that further stacks the odds against the red. How many away wins did we get in that period? How many games have we won in the last 15 years at Geelong wearing the blue? How many times did we even get within 8 points wearing the blue?

Let's stop making excuses. The jumper has little if anything to do with it, apart from sentimentality and aesthetics among our supporters.

Statistically we will lose more than we win when we wear red because we're playing away.

Also we've lost about 2/3 of games the last three years (before this one) so that further stacks the odds against the red. How many away wins did we get in that period? How many games have we won in the last 15 years at Geelong wearing the blue? How many times did we even get within 8 points wearing the blue?

So why did we need to wear red this time? Never have in the past against Geelong.

You are wrong. It is 100% because of the jumper. Nothing else matters.

BURN THE WITCH!

SG24XL.jpg

Walked into the stadium yesterday, saw we were wearing the red strip, immediately turned around and drove home. True story.

*Story may not actually be true.
I'm actually going to do that if we rock up again in red against Norf like we did last year.

Will stop by the TAB and chuck a large sum on our opponent first though before I walk out, will be very pleased if I lose that money though and the drought is broken.

I own nothing totally red today.

Of course ,back in the 70s, I wore my red jumpsuit to the disco every Saturday.

disco_zpsxark4hmu.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red strip is terrific. Wear it often enough and we'll win in it. I'd much prefer we bumped up jumper sales by using what we have than another monstrosity like the bemorebulldog jumper.

At the game yesterday, the red strip was a distinctly different look and made it much easier to track who had it up the other end. White wouldn't have worked.

I want us to wear our blue strip as often as possible, but there are clear opportunities to wear the white, or red alternatives which should be exploited. Geelong, North, West Coast and Carlton away is a good time to roll out the red.

Red strip is terrific. Wear it often enough and we'll win in it. I'd much prefer we bumped up jumper sales by using what we have than another monstrosity like the bemorebulldog jumper.

At the game yesterday, the red strip was a distinctly different look and made it much easier to track who had it up the other end. White wouldn't have worked.

I want us to wear our blue strip as often as possible, but there are clear opportunities to wear the white, or red alternatives which should be exploited. Geelong, North, West Coast and Carlton away is a good time to roll out the red.
Cant not see why we had to wear the red strip, Footscray today wore our blue strip against the Cats blue and white strip.

I'd rather see us play wearing the white..

But what bemuses me is why do we need away strips when aside from the expansion clubs, they're the same ******* colours we've worn for decades..

I'd rather see us play wearing the white..

But what bemuses me is why do we need away strips when aside from the expansion clubs, they're the same ******* colours we've worn for decades..
Well to be fair we only got TV in the 1950s and colour TV only came in the late 1970s. It's not for people at the ground, it's for the TV.

Having said that I reckon it's unnecessary most of the time.
Too many execs at AFL tinkering with cosmetic stuff, and too little focus on the important stuff, like stadium deals, equalisation, tanking and PEDs.

Well to be fair we only got TV in the 1950s and colour TV only came in the late 1970s. It's not for people at the ground, it's for the TV.

Having said that I reckon it's unnecessary most of the time.
Too many execs at AFL tinkering with cosmetic stuff, and too little focus on the important stuff, like stadium deals, equalisation, tanking and PEDs.
I also think it has to do with giving another product to market. I know I have bought a white top.

Blue strip - all home games
White - Demons, Freo, Essendon, Adelaide, Brisbane away
Red - West Coast, Geelong, Collingwood, North and Carlton away

This thread is going to get a serious work out when we play West Coast away in a month or so.
Regardless of strip we'd have to be about $6 to win that match. But I will laugh my backside off if we beat them with the red strip. Could be a very quiet thread!

Regardless of strip we'd have to be about $6 to win that match. But I will laugh my backside off if we beat them with the red strip. Could be a very quiet thread!
If we beat West Coast over there in the red strip, I'll renounce my hatred of it and purchase one immediately :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back