Roast Will we ever win a game in this stupid red alternative guernsey?

Remove this Banner Ad

They should wear their white jumper against us in Melbourne no matter the circumstances, they even wear it against Freo in away derbies. I don't care if they are seeded higher than us if we ever get to a grand final and it's against an interstate team you'd hope we are afforded the luxuries of a home team as we are from Victoria and the game will be in Victoria. If you've got a problem doing that don't live on the other side of a desert FFS.
Yeah, because making it the 'Melbourne game' is exactly what we should do.

I am sorry to see the red go.

When it was announced tonight at the social club function that the club had listened to its supporters and there would be no red jumper, it was met with a resounding cheer.

The club also said that it listened to supporters a few years ago and brought back the old premiership jumper.

Forty million Frenchmen can't be wrong I suppose.

Looks like we are stuck with the blue and the old style jumper. Blue is nice.

The 2016 Western Bulldogs "clash" jumper is a disgrace. They've managed to defy the laws of design, spit in the face of the fan's vote for a traditional, hooped jumper and whore out one of the few things we've been able to peg back as something meaningful, above cheap gimmicks. Sick of the s**t, these marketing imbeciles plunge the depths of stupidity and cheapen us all in the process. Sack whoever designed it, sack who signed off on it. Not fit for premiership points.

It's a clash strip, I don't mind it. Did Hawthorn fans really care about their power rangers guernseys while they were on their way to another flag? I'd say no. I'd only be concerned about the jumper if the players wearing it aren't worthy of it

The 2016 Western Bulldogs "clash" jumper is a disgrace. They've managed to defy the laws of design, spit in the face of the fan's vote for a traditional, hooped jumper and whore out one of the few things we've been able to peg back as something meaningful, above cheap gimmicks. Sick of the s**t, these marketing imbeciles plunge the depths of stupidity and cheapen us all in the process. Sack whoever designed it, sack who signed off on it. Not fit for premiership points.

Do you reckon kids would go for it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a new one SOS? Our away strip is the white one.

I never particularly cared whether we wore a red or white clash jumper as longer as it mimicked the traditional hoops design and kept the clubs logo away from the design. Oh well, I'm sure the kids will lap it up.

Anyway heres Jake doing his thing on the catwalk during the unveil. If the football career doesn't work out...

Jake.gif

Our alt jersey should just be white with Sid's face on it. Is that to much to ask! #Sid

I don't care about red or white, but no cartoons please. We've tried several, as have other clubs - they're all s**t. Red, white and blue, a predominant colour and hoops - it's not hard and it's our heritage.

Stop paying clowns a lot of money to come up with complicated, messy crap that is not needed and actually diminishes our brand and our history.

I don't care about red or white, but no cartoons please. We've tried several, as have other clubs - they're all s**t. Red, white and blue, a predominant colour and hoops - it's not hard and it's our heritage.

Stop paying clowns a lot of money to come up with complicated, messy crap that is not needed and actually diminishes our brand and our history.
I want a firstdogonthemoon clash strip.

It would be unique. It would tell the footy world that we walk our own path and we're not part of the homogeneous marketing bullshit that dictates the way these things are done.

For that reason alone the AFL would never allow it.

I reckon we should do what Eddie McGuire did and tell everyone to stick the clash jumper up their ring hole

I'm stunned by the lack of real imagination! This is primary school imagination. No cartoons please! What about navy blue as a clash?? At least there is some history there. And white shorts if we need a lighter look. Or white with multiple hoops, kinda like Central districts in Adelaide, that would be a great clash strip and still look like an Aussie rules guernsey. Anything but cartoons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back