Remove this Banner Ad

Moe Ron

Debutant
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Olympiacos Empoli
The tone in the AFL media has completely changed on the Crows over the last couple of weeks. Some saying we are a chance to make finals. I thinks it's way too early to tell but keen to see what our own people think. Maybe we do have the forward stocks to finally cause carnage...

4 horse copy.png

*excuse the dodgy Photoshop skills!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware the false positive press. There has been more positivity about us in the last 2 weeks than there usually is over the course of any given year (and no not just in our down years) and Gather Round is just around the corner - coincidence? I don't think so. It feels all a bit manufactured.

In reality I don't think a home victory to a dour Fremantle signalled our finals tilt. It's all a bit overblown.

With that being said I reckon 10-12 wins just missing finals.

If Pedlar is back in tonight... yes we will

If he's not, no we won't
Pedlar, Tex and McAdam were stiff not to make the four horseman cut, but they are there in the background causing havoc :laughing:

I love what Pedlar brings, glad he got his body right. Let's hope he can keep fit and strong.

Beware the false positive press. There has been more positivity about us in the last 2 weeks than there usually is over the course of any given year (and no not just in our down years) and Gather Round is just around the corner - coincidence? I don't think so. It feels all a bit manufactured.

In reality I don't think a home victory to a dour Fremantle signalled our finals tilt. It's all a bit overblown.

With that being said I reckon 10-12 wins just missing finals.

Felt like Kane Cornes put some berley out at the beginning of the season to set up disappointment when/if we don't make finals.

I'm waiting to see if we can win a couple more at home and away over the next four games...then I might pull the finals trigger. I'm still nervous due to the last few years 😅

Comp looking very even so far does our chances no harm. There's a clear top 3-4 then about 8-9 teams vying for the remaining spots.

Everything goes right and our key players stay on the park, can see us going as high as 5th (a 2012-like overachieving season). Can't see us finishing below 10th given our scoring power, our depth and the fact we play 13 games at AO.

Felt like Kane Cornes put some berley out at the beginning of the season to set up disappointment when/if we don't make finals.

I'm waiting to see if we can win a couple more at home and away over the next four games...then I might pull the finals trigger. I'm still nervous due to the last few years 😅
Depends how patient you are. The overall trajectory is upwards so there is plenty to get excited about

I’m on the fence, the next four or five games will define us.

Carlton - 50/50 slight edge to Carlton
Hawks - Win
Pies - Loss
Cats - Loss
St Kilda - Win

If we can win the three out of the five, I reckon we can looking at the fixture in the middle half of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on Rankine, Fogarty and Dawson for me. They have the quality to drag a young lineup kicking and screaming to finals. That said, I do think how young/inexperienced we are will eventually catch up with us and we'll end up in the mid-table.

We have definitely improved, whether or not that translates into win/loss progression and ladder position is to be seen.

We have a host of talented players with a chance to play their 50th game this season. Hadn't picked up that last week was 50 for Ned. Will be 50 for Schoenberg if he is the sub. Butts (46), McAdam (44), Sholl (41) and Berry (38) and Murray (33). TT on 28 would have to play the last 19 H&A plus 3 finals to get there.

Ladder position measures how we are doing relative to the other teams. After the first 2 rounds I was beginning to worry some of the other bottom 8 teams were moving way ahead of us.

Rankine makes us instantly better.

The form worm line is turning up at the moment, but if it was always moving up it wouldn't be called a worm.

Looking at the draw, of the 19 games left, I'd call us rank outsiders for the Geelong @KP, Pies and Dees @ the 'G, and Lions @ the Gabba.

The other 15 games I'd give us at least a one in 3 chance of winning, some of them we'd even start favourites.
We win about half of the 15 we get to 9 or 10 wins.

We win two thirds of the 15 we get to 12 wins, which is probably not enough in a 23 game season.

We've already dropped 2 games against the teams in our 'contention bracket' (IMO at least...), so unless we collect some marks from one or two of the four 'extra credit' field trips, were going to struggle to get to the grade that gets us into Uni.

Probably not is my feeling but there's a slight chance. Certainly beats other recent seasons where I knew it wasn't happening regardless of positive starts.

Back