Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Will we make finals in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep me too - I'll be very frustrated.

In March 2023 I placed $222.50 on the Crows to make the Top8 at odds of $4.50. = $1000 payout.
It's been a rollercoaster ride to hold that bet all through this season, we've been 15th and we've been 5th and everything inbetween.
But as per your comment... if the stars align in Rd24 and the Crows effectively miss the Top8 because of the Goal Umpire's failure to use the ARC review system in the Sydney game then I'll be very very very upset.
The AFL got what they wanted "Swans in the finals" all they care about is crowds and TV ratings, Just a bunch of corrupt C**ts.
Losing interest in the crap fast

No

now can shut it down
Fire Thumbs Up GIF

View attachment 1783742
Current AFL Team Ratings

I don’t know what metrics the Wheelo ratings use (this looks similar to that premiership window thing on Fox), but us missing finals is tragic actually :$
We copped quite a few teams that put in a better performance against us than their average performance. We got very unlucky this year. Bloody disappointing, we could have made a prelim. Goal kicking from quite a few of our players was putrid which was disappointing and could have taken the dodgy umpires and teams overrunning us late out of the equation. Tidy up our defence and we can possibly win a flag over the next 2-3years.

Last edited:
Pre-season - Adelaide 10th at 13-10
After Rd 1 - Adelaide 12th at 11-12
After Rd 2 - Adelaide 12th at 9-14
After Rd 3 - Adelaide 7th at 12-11 Defeat St Kilda in Elimination, Lose to Sydney in Semi
After Rd 4 - Adelaide 5th at 15-8 Defeat Port Adelaide in Elimination, Defeat Carlton in Semi, Lose to Melbourne in Prelim
After Rd 5 - Adelaide 3rd at 17-6 Lose to Melbourne in Qualifying, Defeat Sydney in Semi, Lose to Collingwood in Prelim
After Rd 6 - Adelaide 6th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to Geelong in Semi
After Rd 7 - Adelaide 7th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to Geelong in Semi
After Rd 8 - Adelaide 6th at 14-9 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Lose to St Kilda in Semi
After Rd 9 - Adelaide 5th at 15-8 Defeat Richmond in Elimination, Lose to Brisbane in Semi
After Rd 10 - Adelaide 10th at 12-11
After Rd 11 - Adelaide 6th at 14-9 Defeat St Kilda in Elimination, Defeat Western Bulldogs in Smi, Lose to Collingwood in Prelim
After Rd 12 - Adelaide 9th at 13-10
After Rd 13 - Adelaide 8th at 13-10 Lose to Gold Coast in Elimination
After Rd 14 - Adelaide 6th at 13-10 Defeat Essendon in Elimination, Defeat Port Adelaide in Semi, Lose to Collingwood in Prelim
After Rd 15 - Adelaide 5th at 14-9 Defeat Fremantle in Elimination, Lose to Brisbane in Semi
After Rd 16 - Adelaide 5th at 14-9 Defeat Geelong in Elimination, Lose to Melbourne in Semi
After Rd 17 - Adelaide 5th at 13-10 Defeat Geelong in Elimination, Lose to Melbourne in Semi
After Rd 18 - Adelaide 8th at 12-11 Lose to Greater Western Sydney in Elimination
After Rd 19 - Adelaide 11th at 11-12
After Rd 20 - Adelaide 6th at 13-10 Defeat Western Bulldogs in Elimination, Lose to Greater Western Sydney in Semi
After Rd 21 - Adelaide 7th at 13-10 Defeat Carlton in Elimination, Defeat Port Adelaide in Semi, Defeat Collingwood in Prelim, Lose to Melbourne in Grand
After Rd 22 - Adelaide 7th at 12-11 Defeat Geelong in Elimination, Defeat Port Adelaide in Semi, Lose to Brisbane in Prelim
After Rd 23 - Adelaide 11th at 11-12

Papley would have played today and maybe Sydney goes in harder if the game was actually for finals.
We will never know.
WHAT!!!
What I see is that 48 premiership points has made the finals this year.

Enough of the "might have beens" and "could haves". The mathematics is factually incontrovertible.

The rage has returned!
Adelaide players need to boo Gil on Brownlow night. (Not really) but... f##k him.

So so wrong. But after a coach who we actually thought was our next premiership coach being murdered, a highly regarded assistant being banned for the transgressions at another club, the camp, Tippetgate, the continual media pile ons and umpires errors in finals over the years I really thought we had pretty much faced it all. I was wrong.

So so wrong. But after a coach who we actually thought was our next premiership coach being murdered, a highly regarded assistant being banned for the transgressions at another club, the camp, Tippetgate, the continual media pile ons and umpires errors in finals over the years I really thought we had pretty much faced it all. I was wrong.

When we win one we go on to win the next 4 after that - become the greatest team ever. Well one can only hope.

Papley would have played today and maybe Sydney goes in harder if the game was actually for finals.
We will never know.

We can only go by the facts;
  1. Sydney did not score in the last 70 seconds of the game
  2. Sydney lost to Melbourne, the form team of the competition, at home
The hypotheticals of what would have happened if the ball had gone back to the middle and if Papley had played are irrelevant.

I understand that things would have been different, but as you say we will never know. Just like if Geelong wouldn't have rested one-third of the team and tried to beat the dogs.

We should have made the finals, by what did happen and what didn't happen.

Back