Will we make finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping that we can turn things around and sneak in with a 1 in 10 chance is such an indictment of where we're at as a club. We'd be making up the numbers this year. Geelong and Melbourne will be far too strong and none of our players are performing at an elite enough level that could lift us.
All experience is a good thing and a far better option than hoping we don't make it. I don't get that ridiculous viewpoint

Even without Cripps, I think Carlton are a decent chance to win last round against Collingwood and we are also a good chance to lose against Hawthorn in Tasmania. I would say they are still the favourites to make the 8.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't a Bulldogs win and a Carlton loss this weekend though.

Even without Cripps, I think Carlton are a decent chance to win last round against Collingwood and we are also a good chance to lose against Hawthorn in Tasmania. I would say they are still the favourites to make the 8.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't a Bulldogs win and a Carlton loss this weekend though.
I still think Collingwood lose this week then need to win next week. Sure, Carltank at full strength might be too good for them but they won't be

I still think Collingwood lose this week then need to win next week. Sure, Carltank at full strength might be too good for them but they won't be

I would agree. Collingwood will definitely be strong favourites but I don’t think it’s a sure thing.

If they can get Hewett and Kennedy back for that game their midfield might be able to survive but it seems at this stage Hewett is very unlikely.

Although Carlton losing both and us winning is the most likely way in, I wouldn’t be game enough to lock Richmond for a certain win.

Their recent form is a little flattering, plenty of soldiers out and they lost North not that long ago ffs.

Hawthorn are going as well and can knock them off this week.

Essendon, who knows. They’ll probably get up for that.

We have no hope of making finals. We have Richmond in our way and simply are not playing good enough. If we continue playing the way we are next year our only battle will be with a team like North Melbourne for bottom of the ladder.

We have no hope of making finals. We have Richmond in our way and simply are not playing good enough. If we continue playing the way we are next year our only battle will be with a team like North Melbourne for bottom of the ladder.
Rubbish.

Richmond have nothing to even do with it

Carltank are the ones we will replace in the Top 8. We win both games and they must either beat Melbourne or Collingwood. On their current form, they will likely get belted.

Richmond will probably finish 7th.

We just have to take care of our business.

I almost want Carlton to fall out more than I want us to make it. Just a reflection on the mediocre season we have had.

• We win both games. (75% chance)
  • Carlton lose both. (50% chance)
  • Saints lose both or win just the 1 game (75% chance)

We play final. QuickMaths. I don't even know if what I'm saying makes any sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• We win both games. (75% chance)
  • Carlton lose both. (50% chance)
  • Saints lose both or win just the 1 game (75% chance)

We play final. QuickMaths. I don't even know if what I'm saying makes any sense.
If your percentages are right (and let’s be honest we’re all guessing) then we have a 9/32 or 28% chance of playing finals. That’s roughly 5-2 (old parlance) or $3.50.

Isn’t that what the bookies are offering right now?

Assuming that Richmond are safe, that we beat GWS this week and that Carlton lose to Melbourne …

All three contenders - Carlton, St Kilda and WB play on the Sunday of Rd 23.

We play first, then Carlton, so even if we beat the Hawks our fate will rest in matches to be played after ours. Could be nail biting times.

St Kilda of course would need to beat Brisbane this week to stay in it.

The longer the season runs the more that 1 point loss to Adelaide hurts.

We are very lucky that the top 4 is not set in stone and Collingwood, Sydney, Melbourne, Brissy and to a lesser extent Freo need to keep winning to guarantee their spot.

The longer the season runs the more that 1 point loss to Adelaide hurts.

This loss and the loss to Freo on the weekend hurt the most.

The one to Carlton early on in the year to a lesser extent, because they were flying. I'll also throw in the loss to Geelong at Etihad. I had us pencilled in for a win that night.

I remember Jeff White sinking our season one year 😂
I remember Ricky Jackson doing the same in 1987. The Western Oval
was heaving that day. I also remember all the Melbourne supporters listening to the Geel v Haw match at KP after they beat us hoping Hawthorn won allowing the D’s to make their first final series since 1964. Hawthorn won only to break D’s hearts a few weeks later in a PF. I hate Melbourne!

This loss and the loss to Freo on the weekend hurt the most.

The one to Carlton early on in the year to a lesser extent, because they were flying. I'll also throw in the loss to Geelong at Etihad. I had us pencilled in for a win that night.
We’ve failed at just about every decent hurdle we’ve encountered this year (bar few exceptions)

I’ll go & cheer us on in the finals if we Bradbury our way in but there’s not a chance we’re winning a final this year. This team is putrid right now unfortunately - it’s going to be an embarrassment

I think our last game in Tassie will be a tough one against the Hawks. Now that Ben McEvoy has announced his retirement, it might just be even tougher. The club might have to approach that game as our first final

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think our last game in Tassie will be a tough one against the Hawks. Now that Ben McEvoy has announced his retirement, it might just be even tougher. The club might have to approach that game as our first final

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
If they do that they'll be a week too late. Every game is a final now....until it isn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back