Will we make finals?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
FFs, you were 19 points up in the grand final.
You can still make it for sure and should look at the draw as great opportunity to build your way back right into contention this very season.
By playing teams right in mix it means you get to shape your season very well going forward. It should be seen as an opportunity to seize imo.
I hope your coaching staff is approaching it that way.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FFs, you were 19 points up in the grand final.
You can still make it for sure and should look at the draw as great opportunity to build your way back right into contention this very season.
By playing teams right in mix it means you get to shape your season very well going forward. It should be seen as an opportunity to seize imo.
I hope your coaching staff is approaching it that way.

Iron sharpens iron.

We make it and we will win multiple finals.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All very good points, on the other hand though we’ve been well beaten for decent chunks of every single game we’ve played this year, we’ve failed to step up on numerous occasions in must win games, or games against good sides - with no real indication that will change yet, have a notoriously injury prone list so the current healthy state of the list probably won’t last, a revolving door selection policy when it comes to structure, huge defensive issues across the whole side which only seem to be getting worse.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I’d be very very surprised if we’re playing finals

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
We can only lose 2 games in the run home and make finals. I still think we can do it if Bruce comes back in in the next couple of weeks. Bloody Baileys mates picked a shocking time to release the snow video. A fit and firing Bruce is more valuable to us at the moment though and we will go deep if we can inch into the 8! Cross your fingers and toes all!

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We can only lose 2 games in the run home and make finals. I still think we can do it if Bruce comes back in in the next couple of weeks. Bloody Baileys mates picked a shocking time to release the snow video. A fit and firing Bruce is more valuable to us at the moment though and we will go deep if we can inch into the 8! Cross your fingers and toes all!
Rubbish.. that's 14 wins.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We can win 6 of 9. We have the best team, for The first time all year the players lowered their eyes and having 3 talls worked well. JUH and Schache played very selfless Roles. Surprise surprise the fwd structure worked. If our defenders can tighten up and Hunter and Bruce come back we should be primed for a serious tilt in 3-4 weeks.
At full strength we will be hard to beat. Bevo just needs to look at other teams defensive setup

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
English out next week, there goes the season.

Season was done well before English been out this week and potentially next week.

We were capable of winning at least two more games between rounds 4 and 9 but for one reason or another we weren’t good enough.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This week feels huge.

Beat up on Hawthorn and we could easily get on a roll. The last 3-4 weeks have proven that no one is really that good and we’re the biggest momentum side going around.

We can absolutely beat anyone when right and I don’t think there’s any standout teams. Get to the finals in reasonable shape and play a month of good footy. We’re that sort of team.

But lose to Hawthorn and we could easily fall off a cliff if some belief goes.

Friday night tells the story.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This week feels huge.

Beat up on Hawthorn and we could easily get on a roll. The last 3-4 weeks have proven that no one is really that good and we’re the biggest momentum side going around.

We can absolutely beat anyone when right and I don’t think there’s any standout teams. Get to the finals in reasonable shape and play a month of good footy. We’re that sort of team.

But lose to Hawthorn and we could easily fall off a cliff if some belief goes.

Friday night tells the story.

We kind of struggle against teams that counter punch off the half back line. Hopefully Schache, Jamarra amd Naughton are all still selected

Jun 24, 2008
Athens, Greece
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I believe this game against hawks to be the most difficult of the next month REAL DANGER GAME
if we lose i dont think we are finals bound unfortunately.

bris stkilda and swans arent as difficult as this game. Fingers crossed

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
Looking at the ladder predictor.

Going to need to pull a rabbit out of our ass.

6 day break up to Brisbane

Then another trip to Sydney.

Tough few weeks.

We know with Bevo anything is possible - but holy crap we’ve made it hard for ourselves (again)

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Tough few weeks.

We know with Bevo anything is possible - but holy crap we’ve made it hard for ourselves (again)
They're both beatable. Whether we can do it is another thing but shitney was beaten by GC at home and lost to Brisbane there too... Richmond should have beaten them as well.

Brisbane has looked s**t for weeks

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Tough few weeks.

We shouldn’t have to do it this tough - playing a sensible structure and team selection would’ve had us with another one or two wins imo.

However, we are where we are. Yes, we’ll need to win at least one of those Bris/Syd games I think, then two of Saints/demons/Geelong/Freo, and both of gws/hawks to finish.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We shouldn’t have to do it this tough - playing a sensible structure and team selection would’ve had us with another one or two wins imo.

However, we are where we are. Yes, we’ll need to win at least one of those Bris/Syd games I think, then two of Saints/demons/Geelong/Freo, and both of gws/hawks to finish.
Saints, freo, Shitney

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They're both beatable. Whether we can do it is another thing but shitney was beaten by GC at home and lost to Brisbane there too... Richmond should have beaten them as well.

Brisbane has looked s**t for weeks
Reckon Sydney the most beatable. Lions grow another inch at the Gabba. English out hurts.

Back