Will we make finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree, they have won more than lost against top 8 teams, including 2 wins against Melbourne.

Their only losses against top 4 teams were a 13 point loss to Geelong and a 7 point loss to Brisbane in Brisbane.

I don't know how they'll go in finals but they are a decent team who will be competitive.
They never should have lost that match against Geelong either. They were about six goals up IIRC.

Bevo has played this like the mastermind he is. Been playing such a poor defensive system that no clubs fear us and take us for granted. At training we have perfected our man on man defence that we will slowly switch to.

Bevo has been playing possum all year and we will go all the way. Other teams will not know what hits them.

unfortunateky he struggle wth maths so got a little mixed up on how many wins required.

Alternative he is now just a poor coach who has only been good when surrounded by good assistants.

Do not think Maths is his problem he worked for ATO in an audit role.

What a big turnaround in the Blues favour Cripps In when he was out and De Goey out if he does not get up. That is probably 3 to 4 goals advantage to the blues.
McRae said they took De Goey up thinking he might come good, so I think it’s likely he’ll play.

Ginnivan is obviously gone, but I don’t think he’s as much of a loss.

Sunday Bloody Sunday it is going be a long day if we beat hawks hopefully by 18 points or more, then we just need the pies to win by point. Our game starts at 1.10 with a bulldogs scarf and then pies V blues game at 3.20 (do not have a black and white scarf) will finish just before 6.00 pm.

Last edited:
How'd the team missing the 8 in 2017 in almost identical circumstances turn out? The wheels completely fell off the next year and people somehow still view the dismal failure of missing the eight as a positive thing. I'd much rather be a club that views finals as the bare minimum you expect every year and not an achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing a ladder predictor based purely on TAB current lines for round 23:

View attachment 1477358
View attachment 1477361
View attachment 1477363

View attachment 1477366
Update Tuesday afternoon based on current lines:

Brisbane win by 2
Freo by 15
GCS by 20
Geelong by 58
Richmond by 23
Port by 19
Bulldogs by 16
Carlton by 1
Sydney by 18

1660626315500.png

Bookies have Carlton as a very slight favourite but the more interesting thing is our expected winning margin (16) less Carlton's expected winning margin (1) equals 15.

Assuming we win by the expected score (90-74) and Carlton win by the expected score (83-82), the final percentages will be:

Bulldogs: 108.452
Carlton: 108.425

Update Tuesday afternoon based on current lines:

Brisbane win by 2
Freo by 15
GCS by 20
Geelong by 58
Richmond by 23
Port by 19
Bulldogs by 16
Carlton by 1
Sydney by 18

View attachment 1479451

Bookies have Carlton as a very slight favourite but the more interesting thing is our expected winning margin (16) less Carlton's expected winning margin (1) equals 15.

Assuming we win by the expected score (90-74) and Carlton win by the expected score (83-82), the final percentages will be:

Why does that matter they will still be 4 points ahead.

It matters if Collingwood win by 1 point and we win by 14. A combination of a 15 point differential, in addition to the Dogs and Pies winning, will result in us jumping into the top eight. :thumbsu:

It matters if Collingwood win by 1 point and we win by 14. A combination of a 15 point differential, in addition to the Dogs and Pies winning, will result in us jumping into the top eight. :thumbsu:

Yes but your example has Carlton winning. see below

"In-depth" analysis elsewhere on this board apparently showing the only reason, the ONLY REASON, we will miss finals, is because JUH is NOT Josh Schache.

I'm not here to be a detractor of Josh, goodness knows he cops enough of it on here as it is. But in spite of totally flawed statistical comparisons in the so-called "analysis", it seems if Josh played games this year and JUH didn't, we would have romped into the 8. Go figure.

ZL22NoT7.jpg

Yes, there are possibilities, although unlikely and irrelevant.

For example, if our score is 109 - 97 and Carlton's score is 79 - 83. Our for and against would be 1995 - 1845 (108.1300813...%) and Carlton's would be 1862 - 1722 (also 108.1300813...%).

If this were to be the case though, I believe 3rd order of precedence is total points for, in which case we'd be ahead. There's obviously no real possibility of Carlton making up that extra 130 points and losing.
Correction to my post above - in the extremely unlikely but still possible scenario that we tie points and %, Carlton get in based on H2H record over us (rather than total points for which I stated above). The odds of it occuring are astronomical anyway but just in case..

While we're on the subject:

If these results occur:

Sydney 81 defeated by St Kilda 108
Melbourne 79 defeated by Brisbane 94

The Swans and Dees will be equal on the ladder with the same points and percentage.
Sydney: 2060 - 1648 = 125%
Melbourne: 1900 - 1520 = 125%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back