Will we make the 8?

Where will the dees finish?

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ladder prediction is pointless, you had us losing to Brisbane twice and you were wrong. I could do a Ladder prediction and have us finishing top but it's pointless.
it's a predictor over the course of the rest of the season. like I said, there will be weekly upsets here and there. So just for the record, you have us finishing top?

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not at all. If you look at the fixture, not just of us but also the other teams, I have us finishing 8th.

1. Geel 17 wins
2. Carl 17 wins
3. Bris 16 wins
4. Rich 16 wins
-------------------
5. Frem 16 wins
6. Coll 15 wins
7. Syd 15 wins
8. Melb 14 wins (This is us losing to Bris, Frem and Geel all away and Carlton & Coll. With wins against adel, port and bulldogs).

Do yourself a favour actually do some analysis of the fixture before trying to be smart. Maybe even do a ladder predictor and put your name next to it, instead of just criticising other people.

Yes, obviously there will be upsets. But that upset could be the bulldogs beating us. Do I trust us after playing our first good game of the season? No. We could revert back to old ways very easily.
Surely last season told us to throw away the ladder predictor? Our best is the best and I wouldn't be surprised if we beat all of Brisbane, Freo and the Cats away. This is the best dees side of our generation, gotta enjoy it, could we worse, we could all barrack for the Saints!

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
🥱😴

We could revert back to the old ways
Winning 10 in a row.

Never seen someone so arrogant so consistently swing and miss at everything.
Literally my strike rate is more correct than incorrect. I was about 4 weeks ahead of everyone else on the Ben Brown needs to get dropped train. I was also about 6 weeks ahead of everyone else when I knew we were playing trash football despite winning every week and the majority of supporters were saying 'we just play in 2nd gear and go bang when we need to'. Then we drop 3 in a row and everyone was just as alarmist as I was 6 weeks earlier. Where are all the 'we just play in 2nd gear' fans now? They've dropped off. Or they're all here but they don't say it anymore.

How about the old 'our system isn't designed to win by much. our style is to do just enough to win and nothing more'. laughable. People are so blinkered by their passion for the club that they can't be impartial and see bad form.

Also, who called for Bedford to come in for a shorter forward line? Me. How did that look on Thursday? Pretty good if you ask me.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely last season told us to throw away the ladder predictor? Our best is the best and I wouldn't be surprised if we beat all of Brisbane, Freo and the Cats away. This is the best dees side of our generation, gotta enjoy it, could we worse, we could all barrack for the Saints!
I don't disagree that our best is the best. But our best has been on show for 1 game out of 14 games.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
old ways? we were playing trash football when we won 10. So I'm not sure we want to revert back to any 2022 form.
You realize how stupid that sounds? How can it be 'trash' and yet win 10 in a row.
Maybe you have no clue what the hell you're on about. We have the best percentage in the league, we have the most wins.
Why am I bothering, I'm explaining easy to understand things to someone with no idea.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
and we're a game and percentage clear on top? Isn't that a good thing?
The test is now. Yes, we're on top. But people said the same thing when we were on top and our % was 160%. Then we dropped 3 in a row. Our easy fixture is gone. And the other top 4 teams have a cruisey fixture from here on out. As do most of the other top 8 teams. Ours is the hardest. The way we played against Brisbane needs to be the norm.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You realize how stupid that sounds? How can it be 'trash' and yet win 10 in a row.
Maybe you have no clue what the hell you're on about. We have the best percentage in the league, we have the most wins.
Why am I bothering, I'm explaining easy to understand things to someone with no idea.
Where do you think we'll finish at the end of the year? Just because I'm brave enough to put my name next to a ladder position.

We won 10 in a row yes. That's the simple way of looking at it. But we just beat Gold Coast, Hawks and Essendon. The game was in the balance with 5 minutes to go in all of these games and we had to kick clutch goals to win. Port (when they were beyond terrible) beat us in the 2nd half, Kangaroos were even with us to 3/4 time, WCE reserves matched us for a half and we could only kick 3 goals. These performances were there for everyone to see. Some supporters looked at it. Some buried their head in the sand and looked at the ladder.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
it's a predictor over the course of the rest of the season. like I said, there will be weekly upsets here and there. So just for the record, you have us finishing top?
I said it's pointless, do you put your footy tipping tips in now for round 23? There's too many variables from week to week. Let's just see what happens next week and not worry about the last 8 weeks.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Where do you think we'll finish at the end of the year? Just because I'm brave enough to put my name next to a ladder position.

We won 10 in a row yes. That's the simple way of looking at it. But we just beat Gold Coast, Hawks and Essendon. The game was in the balance with 5 minutes to go in all of these games and we had to kick clutch goals to win. Port (when they were beyond terrible) beat us in the 2nd half, Kangaroos were even with us to 3/4 time, WCE reserves matched us for a half and we could only kick 3 goals. These performances were there for everyone to see. Some supporters looked at it. Some buried their head in the sand and looked at the ladder.
Real brave mate. Round of applause.
We will piss it in to the top 4 and then instead of admitting you were wrong you'll pick some obscure post out like ' I said if we play well we will make top 4' and then tell everyone how right you are all the time. You know when you have to tell everyone you're right it's because no one else will do it for you which means you're not.

It's embarrassing that you're so certain we suck yet we're still above everyone else. So everyone in the AFL sucks?? That's just rubbish analysis.

I was also about 6 weeks ahead of everyone else when I knew we were playing trash football despite winning every week and the majority of supporters were saying 'we just play in 2nd gear and go bang when we need to'. Then we drop 3 in a row and everyone was just as alarmist as I was 6 weeks earlier. Where are all the 'we just play in 2nd gear' fans now? They've dropped off. Or they're all here but they don't say it anymore.

How about the old 'our system isn't designed to win by much. our style is to do just enough to win and nothing more'. laughable. People are so blinkered by their passion for the club that they can't be impartial and see bad form.

Prior to Thursday and apart from round 1 the majority of comments in literally every review thread were complaints about how boring our wins were and how we weren't playing well.

You realise this point was proven completely correct by the Brisbane game. We lost a few meaningless games and then played our best footy to reassert ourselves as the top seed.

We are not the first team to warm our way into the season and find our best form at the tail end. In fact it's been the case more often than not for every premiership team over the past ten years.

In 2014 Hawks were 7-4 at round 11, in 2015 they were 6-5.

In 2017 Richmond lost four games in a row before the bye, in 2019 they lost 3 in a row and were 7-6 at the bye.

In 2018 West Coast won 10 in a row to the bye before losing three in a row immediately after.

Last year we had a form slump in the middle part of the year before turning up the heat when it mattered too.

The most dominant H&A sides of the past 20 years have for the most part fallen over in finals.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Prior to Thursday and apart from round 1 the majority of comments in literally every review thread were complaints about how boring our wins were and how we weren't playing well.

You realise this point was proven completely correct by the Brisbane game. We lost a few meaningless games and then played our best footy to reassert ourselves as the top seed.

We are not the first team to warm our way into the season and find our best form at the tail end. In fact it's been the case more often than not for every premiership team over the past ten years.

In 2014 Hawks were 7-4 at round 11, in 2015 they were 6-5.

In 2017 Richmond lost four games in a row before the bye, in 2019 they lost 3 in a row and were 7-6 at the bye.

In 2018 West Coast won 10 in a row to the bye before losing three in a row immediately after.

Last year we had a form slump in the middle part of the year before turning up the heat when it mattered too.

The most dominant H&A sides of the past 20 years have for the most part fallen over in finals.
Forgot to tell him how right you are.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

A sign of the team’s maturity and experience is that they can do enough to win games which mean nothing other than qualifying for a good finals spot. Motivation is a big thing in sport. To expect a Thursday night level of performance every week is not possible. Staggering to me to have no optimism and rather project the worst form of a team that is 28-7 over 18months and take the opposite approach for opposition.

Why not project Geelong’s form line for the rest of year to be their WC game, they were down in the second half to them.

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
I couldnt bare it if Geelong finish top two. Its possible. Makes you want to vomit on a cat.
It'll take 13 wins to make the 8 due to all the crappy sides in the bottom half.
Dees will make it for sure.
If Weed can build on Thursdays game we can win big games without t/mac. Gawn back soon as well. Hibberd back is a huge bonus. Hope his calves hold up.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Making predictions is dumb, in 94 you could have predicted that David Schwartz will be Melbourne's greatest centre half forward that was until he had multiple knee reconstructions cutting his career short. It's the same with ladder predictions any team could have a bad run with injuries and drop games. How can anyone pencil in any games as wins and losses for the next 8 weeks.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate stfu.. deadset, you've already conceded that a top 4 is already finished. You wrote down Brisbane as a loss which in turns makes you look like an utter and complete fool.

We're on 11 wins. History will say that at best need a minimum of 4 more wins to pretty much lock in top 4 spot. Beat Adelaide this week and that's 12 already.

If you think we're missing out on top 8 then you deranged in all aspects of life.
huh? I said we'd finish on 14 wins, and literally typed out my top 8 which I have the dees making it.

Yeah, I expected Melbourne to lose to Brisbane. wow, what a crazy thought. Do you not concede that the Brisbane game was the best we've played all year by a country mile. Only a fool would say that we've played like that all season.

Like I said, the other teams in the top 4 have the easiest fixtures in the competition. it's going to be a much higher win count this year. Do your predictor and come back here when you actually put your name next to something.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
huh? I said we'd finish on 14 wins, and literally typed out my top 8 which I have the dees making it.

Yeah, I expected Melbourne to lose to Brisbane. wow, what a crazy thought. Do you not concede that the Brisbane game was the best we've played all year by a country mile. Only a fool would say that we've played like that all season.

Like I said, the other teams in the top 4 have the easiest fixtures in the competition. it's going to be a much higher win count this year. Do your predictor and come back here when you actually put your name next to something.
Or just admit your predictions are stupid because one game in you're already wrong which shows everything else you've predicted is likely to be wrong.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Or just admit your predictions are stupid because one game in you're already wrong which shows everything else you've predicted is likely to be wrong.
1 game? And you were wrong 3 times. You predicted we'd beat Sydney, Freo and Collingwood. Whereas I had big concerns over our form for a long period of time.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
1 game? And you were wrong 3 times. You predicted we'd beat Sydney, Freo and Collingwood. Whereas I had big concerns over our form for a long period of time.
I haven't even been allowed to post for 3 weeks because someone keeps reporting all my posts, wonder who 🤔🤔 hahahaha making up even more crap now.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I haven't even been allowed to post for 3 weeks because someone keeps reporting all my posts, wonder who 🤔🤔 hahahaha making up even more crap now.
Yeah me. Because you get personal and angry and can't keep your composure. A bit like Oscar Mcdonald playing in deep defence you could say

Back