Will we make the 8?

Where will the dees finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With our current form (and our tough fixture) it's plausible that we miss the finals. Leigh Montagna has finally come out and said that it is indeed a possibility.

‘Is it possible they miss the eight?’ Closest race in years has Demons staring down the unthinkable

With our current form we lose to Brisbane x 2, Collingwood, Geelong (in Geelong), Frem (in Freo) and Carlton. That's 6 losses. Then we have the bulldogs which is a 50/50. The only wins I would expect are Adelaide and Port Adelaide. Assuming we beat the dogs, Adel and Port then we finish on 13 wins for the season. Last year 13 wins would've got us 7th but this year even Collingwood are 8-5 and sitting 9th.

Our on field issues were obvious after Round 3 when we almost lost to Essendon after almost losing to Gold Coast the week before. Our issues should have been addressed then. Our issues with lack of pressure across the ground, and issues forward of centre. Unfortunately, it seems our players, coaches and some supporters hid behind the win-loss record despite the poor form on field.

As far as I'm concerned Top 4 is finished and the best we can hope for is 5th-8th. But we need to turn around form NOW. No more excuses. No more 'May was out', 'Gawn is out', 'Brisbane are a great team', 'we'll go to a different level in finals' etc. Enough of that. Time is now. Time to apply pressure around the ground. It's been missing all season long.
I reckon we finish second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can confirm Danster is back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Immediately went to the Drafts and Trading board to talk up his most hated Melbourne player

So many people voted for top 2 (when they voted for top 2 is irrelevant). Got to hand it to the board, WE never lost faith in this team.

Back