Will we miss finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't miss finals but any hope i had of winning a GF this year has totally gone. We just cant play tough football. Sure there is time to turn things around but when you see the same thing every loss I feel its just not something we can turn around in 9 games. At this stage I would have money on us going out in straight sets if we made the top 4 and straight out in an elim final regardless of if we are at home or not. Pyke has got us playing great football when its on our terms. When a team takes it up to us we just fold and too much is left up to too few.

Only in your pessimistic mind we will lose most of our home games.

Nothing you have suggested will make this come true.

Let's discuss this at the end of the season...

Everything I've suggested is in support of us losing those games.

1) They're teams playing better football.

2) We havent achieved anything of substance in two months. Two entire months. We've four out of seven games since in almost carbon copy manners.

3) They're teams with very good recent win loss records against us, and nothing in our recent history suggests that we're capable of turning that around once a team establishes mental dominance over us.

My point is we CAN do it, but there's only so many get out of jail cards in a monopoly deck.

We haven't used any get out of jail cards. But we've definitely gone straight to jail without passing Go a few times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We weren't garbage against Port. We dominated for about 3/4 of the match.
We should have been headed in the last quarter. Should have been 6 down at qtr time.

But let's take a middle ground for a moment, playing a good opponent at home who are renowned for skiing when on top early, has to be a better win than Geelong today.

We are capable, coincidentally it was the last game Gov played.

We haven't used any get out of jail cards. But we've definitely gone straight to jail without passing Go a few times
We certainly have, most of our slow starts have gone unpunished.

Most.

Turing a game and playing three good quarters is not really getting out of jail like Geelong did today
We did against Port, you say we dominated but we had to grind it out. Hawthorn too.

Given the lack of a stand out contender, everyone would fancy their chances.

It is hardly bold to suggest we will make the finals or should make the top 4.
Easy mate, I wasn't having a go at you. No woz.
Suggesting we have a good chance of making the finals is different from stating that we will make the finals. At 9-4, with at least 10 teams breathing down each others' necks, plus our poor form, it's a bold statement. Not silly. Bold.

We will win most of our home games for starters.
They are vs Bulldogs, Swans, Cats, ferals.
"Most" means 3 out of 4.
I'll be delighted if we win 3 out of those 4 at home, because since the NM debacle we've lost 2 out of 4 at home.

Let's discuss this at the end of the season...
Probably a good idea :thumbsu:.
The 6-0 start is HISTORY, the 4-3 losing pattern since is also history, but our 9 wins so far are a solid base to make finals. You'd agree we need to lift, wouldn't you?

Enjoy the ride, enjoy the wins, analyse the losses but stop bloody wingeing.
Yeah, I like that.
I'm guilty of having a good old whinge/gripe last few days, but only when we can see how many mistakes are being repeated. It's immensely frustrating.
Sloane needs team protection, or move him forward or to half-back again and put more miles into Greenwood.
Some body, SOMEBODY please-pretty-please get inside their heads (eg on-field, game-time leaders) and tell them that when they get 3 or 4 goals up, that's the time to push harder. Not relax. My most repeated whinge is their we-should-win-this complacency before a game (yokking around, having a laugh before first bounce --- I mean, where's the intent/concentration ffs?) and during a game (Melbourne, 28 points up, annihilated after that --- Hawks, 3 goals up, belted after that).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back