Prediction Will we play finals in 2017?

Finals in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

-Lack of genuine elite A grade midfield talent right now. We have severed future A graders and players right on the cusp, but no one like a Pendlebury/Martin/Fyfe/Bont
Surely Petracca and Oliver qualify? Viney and Brayshaw won't be far off that standard either.

We could be 2 straight wins, while the saints are two straight losses to start the season. Early momentum is good before the gruel and a nice run home

Getting the early win at Etihad is huge. We play at ES three more times this year.

We have an extremely generous fixture early, I'm expecting us to be 8-2 at the bye (Losses to Geelong and Adelaide). Our middle part of the season is quite tough with interstate trips and 6 day breaks, the final month is good but need to cash in early.

We have an extremely generous fixture early, I'm expecting us to be 8-2 at the bye (Losses to Geelong and Adelaide). Our middle part of the season is quite tough with interstate trips and 6 day breaks, the final month is good but need to cash in early.

The Essendon game at Etihad is a massive one. Should be 4-1 at that stage. 5-1 seems so much better than 4-2 should we lose to the bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at 8-2 and 5-1 predictions
We have no idea how good anyone else is yet
Richmond might be back, sane with port
Cats and hawks might be done. Who knows
I agree, it's only very early on so we don't really have a big indication on where teams are at yet. If we're just going off the first round as well as what we've seen in the JLT, Richmond and Essendon I think will be challenging games for us along with the Crows and the Cats matches but that is basing it from a pretty limited sample space. I'm sure there will be teams who start the year off well and then lose form and vice versa which will change the dynamic of how we view teams and how good we think they are. I do however expect us to win most of our games in the first half of the year and at least be in the top 8.

Super keen to see how we play this week - last year we beat a well fancied rival in round one and were unbackable favorites against a pile of turd on round 2 and we didn't show up

So it's a really good test to see if we have matured or not, although I would say Carlton this year not as bad as Edson don last year

Could possibly change my prediction based on this - won't watch live as still banned from doing so by the missus due to my MSDS

I think if your boys can keep a level head when things go against them (Jordan Lewis) will be invaluable in this regard, then you can certainly play Finals.

To my eye you guys remind me of the Hawks of 2007 where we played some dazzling footy but also had lapses that cost us games.

We won that Final against the Crows but we were not mentally ready for the following Final and bowed out.But the seed was planted and we all know what happened in 2008.

So I think you guys are well and truely in the race but maybe a year or two off winning a Premiership, but if things go to plan I can see you guys winning a Flag sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
OK chief, give us your prediction then.

Dont get schmutty with me Kent club friend ;)

I honestly have no idea mate. In 15 teams would have labeled the dogs a win and the power a loss.
I wish I knew what was happening next week so I could get on the punt

The Essendon game at Etihad is a massive one. Should be 4-1 at that stage. 5-1 seems so much better than 4-2 should we lose to the bombers.

Let's not count the chickens before they hatch, some pritty tough games still before then

Ladder predictors are rediculous. Impossible to predict outcomes or we'd all be millionaire's.

Tbh, every game is up for grabs for us now, and that makes it exciting. We should be a chance in every match. However, the comp is so even now. We still have a young team, we have some injury concerns, our backline looks too small, and what if Max or Hogan go down? Games like Carlton are huge because we've usually lost them and it's so costly come end of season. One week at a time boys. Predicting we'll be 8-2 or 9-1 is madness. Port, Richmond, Essendon look big improvers and will be very tough matches.

Ladder predictors are rediculous. Impossible to predict outcomes or we'd all be millionaire's.

Tbh, every game is up for grabs for us now, and that makes it exciting. We should be a chance in every match. However, the comp is so even now. We still have a young team, we have some injury concerns, our backline looks too small, and what if Max or Hogan go down? Games like Carlton are huge because we've usually lost them and it's so costly come end of season. One week at a time boys. Predicting we'll be 8-2 or 9-1 is madness. Port, Richmond, Essendon look big improvers and will be very tough matches.

Good call in years gone by this type of game (against the blues this week) is the type of game we have lost in the past but turning up thinking it will just happen and not bringing the right attitude.

I don't think the players will be complacent this week. They'll remember this time last year or at least Goody will make them remember. I think how we fare this week will give us a good clue to the rest of the year. If we're ruthless - as we should be - then it shows a big step in maturity and I'll be confident for finals. If it's a sloppy game, not really switched on, then it'll show we still have a lot of maturing to do and finals look far less certain. I'm confident of the former.

If we win today we put two games on Hawthorn and St Kilda which will be very helpful given we might be fighting with those sides for 7-8 spot on the ladder.

At this (very early) stage of the year I'm running with:

GWS
Dogs
Crows
Sydney
Geelong
Eagles
Melbourne
St Kilda
Essendon
Richmond
Port