Opinion Will We Play Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

So for us to make finals, we obviously need to beat Hawthorn and then rely on a great sunday where all results go our way. Saturday is irrelevant.
We need:
To beat Hawks
Dockers to beat Bombers
Crows to beat Eagles
Tigers to beat Saints
Only one I am really concerned about is the Freo one. Other than that we should be fine. Come on you Dockers!!!

104 pt loss last week by freo.

They came out ready to respond!...

with another 104 pt loss.

We're going to need freo to totally redeem themselves...(To add another dumb and dumber ref)

So for us to make finals, we obviously need to beat Hawthorn and then rely on a great sunday where all results go our way. Saturday is irrelevant.
We need:
To beat Hawks
Dockers to beat Bombers
Crows to beat Eagles
Tigers to beat Saints
Only one I am really concerned about is the Freo one. Other than that we should be fine. Come on you Dockers!!!
Bit of a feeling that Friday nights game will open up a bit ie if we win we're likely to cancel out St Kilda anyway given Richmond play a pretty tight game.

If Brisbane had of beat Melbourne then I think we would've made it. Adelaide will want that home final v Richmond so can't see them dropping that.

All we need is for Freo to beat Essendon. Find something you spuds.

Bit of a feeling that Friday nights game will open up a bit ie if we win we're likely to cancel out St Kilda anyway given Richmond play a pretty tight game.

If Brisbane had of beat Melbourne then I think we would've made it. Adelaide will want that home final v Richmond so can't see them dropping that.

All we need is for Freo to beat Essendon. Find something you spuds.

Unless my math is wrong i cannot see how richmond finish 4th... it's either 3rd or outside the top 4 based on the plastics and geelong playing eachother

At this stage missing finals will be a bigger sting to the guys. Probably better in the long run

Unless my math is wrong i cannot see how richmond finish 4th... it's either 3rd or outside the top 4 based on the plastics and geelong playing eachother

At this stage missing finals will be a bigger sting to the guys. Probably better in the long run
Ah good point, guess that makes it an important one for the plastics or the Cats winning.

You'd want that Richmond or Port first final if your in the top 4. Big advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need:
To beat Hawks
Dockers to beat Bombers
Crows to beat Eagles
Tigers to beat Saints

You'll get odds of around $22.40 if you like our chances!

Simply no way Freo beat Essendon so it's a useless argument. Freo have already started their September holidays, have lost Darcy to suspension and Essendon will be going flat out. Even if we win, it's going to take a miracle.
Agreed. Richmond had only 9 more inside 50s than Freo and beat them by 104 points. Think back to round 3 when we led vs Freo by 14 points at 3/4 time and kicked 1 ******* point in the last quarter.
In hindsight, that was the first sign of trouble.
Where we are on the ladder is where we deserve to be. If we beat Hawthorn and finish 9th or 10th it is what it is, and Boyd and Murphy will sing the song one last time.
If we lose and get a better draft pick I wouldn't lose sleep.

Agreed. Richmond had only 9 more inside 50s than Freo and beat them by 104 points. Think back to round 3 when we led vs Freo by 14 points at 3/4 time and kicked 1 ******* point in the last quarter.
In hindsight, that was the first sign of trouble.
Where we are on the ladder is where we deserve to be. If we beat Hawthorn and finish 9th or 10th it is what it is, and Boyd and Murphy will sing the song one last time.
If we lose and get a better draft pick I wouldn't lose sleep.
Even with how bad we've been, I'm still scratching my head as to how we lost to the Dockers. Worst loss of the year considering how much they were battling.

Back in the day I was Asst Coach in a local league. We were in the same spot as the Bulldogs are now. I contacted the President of the lowly club we needed to beat the team level with us ( we were playing a top team). I told him to let the players know our footy club would put up 2 barrels for their enjoyment if they pulled off a win. Well, they got up ( including four of their players getting reported going the knuckle), we won our game and snaffled 4th spot. So..... what do we offer Freo ?

Back in the day I was Asst Coach in a local league. We were in the same spot as the Bulldogs are now. I contacted the President of the lowly club we needed to beat the team level with us ( we were playing a top team). I told him to let the players know our footy club would put up 2 barrels for their enjoyment if they pulled off a win. Well, they got up ( including four of their players getting reported going the knuckle), we won our game and snaffled 4th spot. So..... what do we offer Freo ?
Did you watch their effort v the Tiges? They were inept and an embarrassment. We could offer them Bont and they could not win this game. Cue meet rack.

Did you watch their effort v the Tiges? They were inept and an embarrassment. We could offer them Bont and they could not win this game. Cue meet rack.

I think my tongue was firmly in my cheek mate. Yes they were awful. So I hold little hope. However, last rounds are notorious for upsets. Often the lower club wants to finish on a high note and the finalists are in self protection mode. Look at Freo R23 last year. They knocked off the eventual Premiers.

I think my tongue was firmly in my cheek mate. Yes they were awful. So I hold little hope. However, last rounds are notorious for upsets. Often the lower club wants to finish on a high note and the finalists are in self protection mode. Look at Freo R23 last year. They knocked off the eventual Premiers.
I know that, I am just pissed off we played Freo in round 3 and other teams get to play them now.
Overall it has been a mediocre year. Could be a godsend, forces the club to review list and assistant coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back