Opinion Will We Play Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only speculate but their seems to be a totally different "feel" to the team this year.

Last year they all played for each other and Bev

This year they seem like they aren't a group

relax guys its what happens in sport.
manchester united went from winning the title in 2012 to finishing 7th next season
chelsea winning title in 2014 to finishing 10th next season
leicester city also

in the nhl there wasnt a team to back2back in nearly 20 years until this year

hawks 09, dons 94

the thing that doesnt change is we have a coach who is proven to be a winner
and the players also

I can only speculate but their seems to be a totally different "feel" to the team this year.

Last year they all played for each other and Bev

This year they seem like they aren't a group

I think you're spot with this and most supporters would agree.

But us die hards can't understand how difficult it is to get the team back on track.

People are pointing out our poor skills or selection issues and obviously players that are not up to it.

My take on it is that our intensity levels are no where near where they were last year.

Surely something like that should be easy to turn around.

Bevo was a bit too innovative for his own good. Everyone saw how well handball club worked and now they're all doing it! We need to develop another point of difference, and fast!
Kicking club. Best way of putting the score on the board ;)

Kicking club. Best way of putting the score on the board ;)
Brilliant!!

0ed610c464818b829f224a0fe44754ff--fawlty-towers-comedy-tv.jpg

relax guys its what happens in sport.
manchester united went from winning the title in 2012 to finishing 7th next season
chelsea winning title in 2014 to finishing 10th next season
leicester city also

in the nhl there wasnt a team to back2back in nearly 20 years until this year

hawks 09, dons 94

the thing that doesnt change is we have a coach who is proven to be a winner
and the players also
More often than not teams go backwards a year after they win the flag especially if it is against the odds and ahead of schedule.
But also some teams play finals and even the GF a year later and dont win it..
I would be really p'd off with what is happening this year if we had lost the PF last year but I am willing to forgive them this year.
Next year however?

I have to agree with a lot posters we are not playing for each other, there are probably a lot of factors but that is the number 1 reason to me why we are not performing. I normally sit on level 3 at Etihad and last season from an elevated view you could see how hard we would worked to cover for each other especially in defence and I just do not see that work rate this season.

I know you should not believe rumours but my brother has it from a board member that there is definitely substance to the Stringer / JJ rumour and the way they are playing does nothing to help put this bed.

My father told me there was in fighting that disrupted the 1955 title defence years ago could it be history repeating itself.

Really struggling to see the tactical mastermind in bevo this year? Not trying to knock him but I have not seen our game style change in any significant way since the start of the year, possibly our ruck structure but that's it. A few positional changes with players, but still nothing significant? Please correct me if im wrong

I have to agree with a lot posters we are not playing for each other, there are probably a lot of factors but that is the number 1 reason to me why we are not performing. I normally sit on level 3 at Etihad and last season from an elevated view you could see how hard we would worked to cover for each other especially in defence and I just do not see that work rate this season.

I know you should not believe rumours but my brother has it from a board member that there is definitely substance to the Stringer / JJ rumour and the way they are playing does nothing to help put this bed.

My father told me there was in fighting that disrupted the 1955 title defence years ago could it be history repeating itself.

Jason dunstall said that he thinks we aren't playing for each other and there's a lack of spirit in the group.

If the rumours of jj and stringer are true

To me it looks the same as what happened to Chelsea and Leicester city . In fighting with the players and manager disrupted their title defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The JJ and Stringer issue isn't the main prblem now

Another players COW of a wife has got involved and caused issues between that player and Jake also.

JJ and Jake are getting back to normal but the other issue won't resolve at all. And it's no con incidence that third player is sucking it up also.

Stop proliferating this rubbish.

It's not rubbish this is direct from the players and there is so much evidence to support it.

I actually dorm think this is a major reason why we are struggling I will say but it isn't helping and when we are struggling it will alway be looked upon as a reason

Don't think we make finals from here.

The run home isn't that bad 6 winnable games but we just aren't in any sort of form to take advantage of the run home.

Team needs to find its mojo, ferocity and unyielding commitment to the ball and their team mates or even if we scrap in we will be out first round

Notwithstanding the result was disappointing vs West Coast, I actually thought we started to play better at times throughout the game. It was our best performance since the bye.

So Friday night is huge for us.

The Hawks and Dees both showed if you go to Adelaide ready to play, they're not unbeatable. If we do win, then the momentum gain would be considerable and we'll be right back in contention.

But if we get walloped, then we're done for 2017.

All wrapped up nice and neatly in a tidy little graph by Pete Ryan.

We don't win the football from stoppages anymore. We lose most of the centre clearances, and therefore, the ball ends up in our back half way too often for a team like us.

Unless we somehow flick on a lightbulb and our contested footy turns into the 2016 side's work, we're well and truly cooked.
p07x5up.jpg

All wrapped up nice and neatly in a tidy little graph by Pete Ryan.

We don't win the football from stoppages anymore. We lose most of the centre clearances, and therefore, the ball ends up in our back half way too often for a team like us.

Unless we somehow flick on a lightbulb and our contested footy turns into the 2016 side's work, we're well and truly cooked.
p07x5up.jpg
Didn't see your link to this article before I placed it on the 'What the Media are Saying' thread. Probably doesn't matter if it's in two threads. :rolleyes:

Didn't see your link to this article before I placed it on the 'What the Media are Saying' thread. Probably doesn't matter if it's in two threads. :rolleyes:

It's probably stuff that most of the learned folks on here know anyway.

That said, statistically it's all falling down because we're not ballhogs, and we can't control field position anymore. We can debate the causes until we're blue in the face, and mention our average forward setup, but that was prevalent last year too.

If we can't fix our one elite trait from last year, the mediocrity will continue.

Unlikely now. With out percentage we are virtually 2 games from 8th spot, and 3 games from 7th spot.

Just can't see it happening with just 8 games left. Wasted season to this point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back